Sounds like us Vic........90% done and 90% to go....lol

Ok.....a vid would be super.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
TIA on the video. I might look your plane up because the FLOAT option is very appealing and it will handle a keychain cam fairly well too I think. An interesting combination of floats and camera I think.

I'm evaluating the "hardtail struts" and I'm leaning to "off like a prom dress" and put shocks back on. I rode it down to the post office and the roads aren't very good.....I felt EVERY frigg'in depression (LOL). A REAL tooth shaker. I had to KNOW, and now I do. "No sir, I didn't like it". (Ren and Stimpy's Mr. Horse). I'll ride it for a few more days before making the final call of switching back.

RICHARD.....I have sent you a snail mail letter today....be looking for it around Friday/Sat time frame.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Sep 04, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:33 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Yes Sir.......it shows a camera on the box....lol Great little plane Vic.......I love the thing....and very "forgiving" of my dumb thumbs too..! If you want one, get a hold of Sandy at:
http://www.v-eastonline.com .... he'll fix you up my friend.... tell him I sent ya. :O)

Yeah.......get them shocks back under ya Bud.......or order some "industrial strength Prep H"...LOL
Last edited by CopterKid77; Sep 04, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Here she is on floats.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Looks like a pretty BIG prop for a foamie....LOL.

I see you left your tool box leaning in the corner

Gonna try the struts for a bit longer. It will take less than 1/2hr to switch it back to shocks.

I checked the link, floats are an extra $35 I see. Do they supply struts for the floats?
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Sep 04, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:55 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
It is a 10/8 prop.....and that little motor will make it scream.....on 2cell pack......they recommend a 3 cell for floats.
LOL.......yep.....she's at rest there...!
The Elektro Trainer S had everything in the box......quick change system from wheels to floats and water rudder.....most bodacious.
Goin over to see my grandson and daughter.......he said he's making supper for us....lol
later
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
OK on the Electro Trainer S....gotcha Just come in from flying the micro cub off the road. Finally figured out how to make it do touch and go's, pretty awsome. Getting ready (like in a few minuets) to pull the trigger on a standard V2 450 helicopter. Hopefully flying it by weekend.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:19 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
10-4 Buddy. That's got to be a fun little bird. Awesome, need pics of course.
Just got back from my grandson's supper.......much fun and the spaghetti was awesome. :O)
I spoke with Sandy and he said call when ever your ready.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I probibily wont be able to do it this month. Just bought a new heli and spent some coin on a plane. Next month (Oct 1st) is open though if nothing happens and I can buy batts and all. That really kind'a works out though because August and October are the LEAST windy months here....dunno why. Cant wait to try floats out here, should be a blast.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Cool...........I understand. She's awesome on floats.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:04 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,094 Posts
Hey Guys!! You two are having too much fun!!

I have been working on the 450 and it keeps failing. I stepped back and gave it some thought. The last time I had this much trouble the ESC was junk. I swapped out tx's and gyros, and still no rudder control New ESC ordered.

Rick, I always wanted to see the crash I was aboard for on Air Disasters. We took off from Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan on a 747. One of the engines fod'd or simply imploded on take-off. It also killed the hydraulics. We all noticed the odd flight parameters, hanging a 747 so horizontal that the view was of the South China Sea straight down is a bad sign. It was such a power turn that gravity seemed normal. Our first signal that something was wrong was that turn. First we saw the island and then we saw the ocean. Then we went into the pattern.

Our next clue that we were in trouble was that the "smoking" sign never appeared. Then a guy from the Air Wing noted that we were dumping fuel below 5000', a violation of some rule. Then the US Air Force, we were over there base after all, sent up a pair of C-130's with camera crews and the rear decks down. I am sure most of this is, or was, on videotape. The flight was a military charter, so I can't seem to find it. I do figure I am now golden as an airborne bus passenger one of mine has already crashed.

The fun part is that a bunch of folks that had been on Island for a year or more got to meet and do the " damn, we survived that" thing as groups. I know the experience changed me.
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
What size ESC are you running on the 450? I run minimal of 40a, I prefer 60a and never had a problem. A 30a will work, but things get excessively WARM including the battery in my opinion.

My new 450 v2 is on it's way. If I like it well enough, I'll order 2 more in October because they're cheap enough. The ad states that they are 90%+ T-Rex compatable, and are 100% EXI or HK 450 compatable. I might be looking to maybe buy a skid of them if I can get them cheap enough....gonna look it up.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:31 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,094 Posts
I have a 40A ESC on the way. I think I spiked the ESC went I dropped the heli in sideways on a tail drop. In other words the heli went in tail first and on it's side. We'll see.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
What ESC was on it when you had problems? Nothing going on here today, my new 450 heli shipping comfirmation and tracking number have been posted. It's shipping from Illinois, so it may be here Friday if not tomorrow. Been humid all day, but not really HOT, just warmish and uncomfortable. Didn't even start the bike today, not in the mood. I'm waiting for the rain to hit, we're supposed to get hit. After it rains and drys out, I gotta mow again already. Another "kid free" night, got me a nice bottle of Michigan produced concord grape wine, think I'll have a glass before bed. It's all good.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:40 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,094 Posts
Nothing special, a dynam 40A esc. What makes me think this might be the problem is that I can hook up a servo tester and in all works.