1,647 Posts
Hahahaha.............oh I can relate J......thanks Bud
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:32 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay...I found out when I owned one of the first DX6's, getting parts for repair from Horizon or Spectrum isn't gonna happen....not even a new antenna. First choice is to find a radio on E-Bay and go that way to either replace parts or keep the broken one for parts. You could engineer a new switch in, but the gimbal is a whole different story. That wouldn't stop me from seeing if the part that has the stick couldn't be swapped out with a different stick from another transmitter. I'd try it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey guys!
Vic,
Good catch on the GD eyes! She'll be so much more happy all the way around. I'm going to check out ebay but I'm also going to do my darnest to fix mine.

JPEE, I have a Fut switch the will work, I'm positive. Thanks for the pics of the different models sticks. I'm going to look seriously at fixing mine tonight. I wasn't in the mood to did into it last night.... I was to angry at myself for dropping it in the first place

Barry,
Those early mornings for Tee means you better keep it down in the evenings for sure I hope you both are doing well!

Blessing All!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:28 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Barry,

Nice to see you still floatin' around. Good you and Tee are settled down in the new crib now. Hopefully you'll get some stick time coming, I know it's been awhile.

Kyle,

Yep, hotter than a firecracker here too, humid as all get out. Hope your hand heals up quickly for ya. That's a bummer for sure.

Jay,

YIKES! Transmitter down, not a good thing at all. Can't help you on that. I read somewhere that Horizion and even other vendors won't sell TX parts because it's "Radio" equipment and they're regulated by the FCC.

Vic,

Good you got the GD eyes checked. Both my girls were when glasses before the age of 9. And, in their early teens they both had to get braces on their teeth. Boy was my wallet empty for many, many years. Lol

JPee,

You Da Man, my trenchin' days are way behind me.

ME,
Nothing fancy goin' on here. Just my normal putterin' around the house. Lmao
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Good news. The wife just took #1 grand daughter to pick up her new glasses cause they're in. Bad news....windy as all getout and we're expecting strong to severe storms for the rest of the day. Other than that, puttering with the motorcycle rear fender in the basement where it's fairly cool and zero wind.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Liz and I were just sitting out on the front pourch. Our thermometer is right at 102... YIKES!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:18 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Good news for me. I had to do some very technical things to repairs the DX6i. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and a bit of force and precisely reorientated the potentiometer to the degree that I had formulated earlier in my sleep, LOL. Truly I twisted it forward as I held the stick and then I tacked into place with a little Gorilla Glue so it wouldn't slip back. I also soldered the new switch in too.

BTW, I could not believe the horribly crap job of soldering I found inside this transmitter. It looks like they handed a 3yr old the gun and said, "Use as much solder as you want." It is ridiculous.

She works now!

Blessings!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...at 102degF, the last place you need to be is on the porch. Getting any of those storms that been passing by northern Indiana?

Jay....the first time I ever saw the soldering like you observed was in an old E-Flite stock radio for the Blade CP Pro......and Ricks DX7 (LOL).

Did the daily pool maintenance, and still working on the Harley rear fender. Other than that, nothing going on except the #1 GD's glasses look pretty nice. She's starting to aquire her look that will be her as an adult...she's turning 12 next month.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:39 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay,

A little bit of creative 'genius' you have and 'Whala' good as new. So much for quality control on the solder joints. Take a picture of it and send it to Horizon, just for fun and see what their reply is.

Vic,

At 102 degrees, we were out there a whole 5 minutes or so. Hahahaha. We took the garbage out about 8pm, and it was a little windy. It felt like a giant hair dryer blowing on you. Certainly has not been a good time the last month or so. Now we're in the worst drought since the 1930's drought. You watch, the price of meat is gonna skyrocket in the next few weeks, because of speculation of corn feed.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...I saw on the news that food prices were gonna go up because of the drought BUT at least unlike the oil compainies....they have a REAL reason.

We had the "hair dryer" winds here a couple days ago....very BAD thing to be breathing.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:26 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Dave...I saw on the news that food prices were gonna go up because of the drought BUT at least unlike the oil compainies....they have a REAL reason.
Vic,

I think the REAL reason for not only food but everything else going up is Corporate Greed. Remember when gas went up to over $4 a gallon, and food went up because they claimed transportation cost more. I agree with that. But when gas prices went down, food prices didn't. Next you'll hear the E-85 fuel is going up because of bad corn crops. We just can't win the race. Sucks big time.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Vic,

I think the REAL reason for not only food but everything else going up is Corporate Greed. Remember when gas went up to over $4 a gallon, and food went up because they claimed transportation cost more. I agree with that. But when gas prices went down, food prices didn't. Next you'll hear the E-85 fuel is going up because of bad corn crops. We just can't win the race. Sucks big time.
I wonder what they're gonna do if the economy totally tanks and US currency has ZERO value. All that money will be worthless unless they convert to gold or silver before it happens.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Vic,

If the current president gets re-elected, we'll end up like Russia. That's his game plan and gold won't be worth crap.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I think enough Americans realize that to make a difference in November.

Getting RAIN/WIND/and nice light show right now. Wonder how many TREES I'm gonna loose tonight?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:49 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
JAY,

Oh man I am glad you got a "fix" going on there. But the proof of the pudding will be when it is "field tested". My fingers are crossed for you.

John
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee