SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Tim...OK, now I got it on the Galaxy.

I did something I haven't done in a while. HobbyPartz is flat out of batteries I need so I ordered 4 Zippy's from HK. I haven't ordered from them in over a year at least, been ordering CONUS. Been still dialing in the 500 pitch and throttle and I aint there yet. The big thing is, you dont get a LOT accomplished working with one battery.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:06 AM
Oops!
United States, CO, Florence
Joined Apr 2010
374 Posts
Well, I FINALLY got my Mini Titan in the air! No gyro and no training wheels, on first flight. After that I threw on the cheepo LH GY 520 gyro and got her up twice after that. Much better with gyro. It was windy and gusting close to 20 mph. This is one stable heli! It almost felt more stable in the wind than my Raptor 30! I am liking the electric stuff so far, other than the wait for batteries to charge, I caught my self wiping the non existent nitro off after the first flight. I could see myself switching over to all electric some day for they don't have the loud, intimidating scream of a nitro engine and walking out to the flying area I only have to carry the TX and heli. I kept feeling as though I was forgetting something. Well my last battery is almost done and winds are supposed to be mild today so I'm off for flights 3+. Cheers!
beevous80002 is offline Find More Posts by beevous80002
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Beevous....when I converted a .40 to electric I felt the same way in that I was forgetting something. No start battery, starter, fuel/fuel pump, NOTHING. Just a plane, batteries, and transmitter. I did have to bring a rag and window cleaner to get the chopped grass and green off the white monocoat.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:40 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
Yes

A gentleman who selects

daffy duck

to be his Avatar

deserves all my respect ! good job

BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:01 PM
Oops!
United States, CO, Florence
Joined Apr 2010
374 Posts
Thanks Rick. Daffy was always my favorite, probably why I'm the smart behind I am today. I finally purchased a decent TX. A JR 8103, which is strange because back in '99 I really wanted that TX but my funds were low and ended up with a JR 652,which I still have. The radio also came with a Corona 2.4 system (DSSS), has anyone tried this? It seems to work good, I haven't flown with it but have read that it works pretty darn good but shouldn't be used on large air craft.? I don't see the separation between large and small, one might do more damage than the other but I am concerned for the "health" of all my birds. I have been thinking of putting it on my Mini Titan for where I have found a place to fly (free) there a LOT of radio towers. I'm not sure if I should be concerned for I'm not really flying far away but have heard the usual horror stories of people whom have had bad crashes due to interference with their FM systems.
beevous80002 is offline Find More Posts by beevous80002
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Soooo much wind and no sim to fly. ARRRRRRGGGGUUHHH.
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:41 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I put ten packs in the mCP X today. I am getting quite comfortable with this little gem. I am really really tempted by the upcoming Blade 130X. Looks like it is going to be a slightly bigger, much more capable mCP X. Anybody else Jonesing for one?
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

The 130X looks pretty sweet for sure. But I'm not interested at this time, I think I'm in a heli rut right now. I haven't really flown anything all year, except the mCX 2 in the basement. All the rest of them are now collecting mounds of dust and cob webs. Lmao!
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:16 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Dave, I was in a rut too for a while. That little mCP X is just such a perfect heli for pushing the envelope with that it has got me enthused again.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay....yup. Been very breezy the last couple weeks. Been doing the sim whenever I took mind to. Today was Kids day around here for sure. I got the 10/12yo grand daughters on my rider mower and let them mow a bit to get their feet wet with it. The 8yo grandson cannot reach the pedals yet, he's not ready. Also took each kid for a ride on the Harley today....about a 9mile round trip each.
Took the 10yo out for HER fishing excursion FINALLY. The wind let down, and we started getting hits. I didn't fish really, I helped her every minuet. She caught a 12"/13"/16"/16-1/4" bass, and a large blue gill. We kept the two 16" bass and the large blue gill. A very good fishing day AFTER the wind died down. A couple more high yeild fishing trips, we'll be ready for a fish fry here. Tomorrow, I finish mowing the yard.

Dave....I know where you're comming from. The heli drive is tapered off a lot with me. Not even messing with the 500, even though I got batteries inbound for it. All we've had is wind and rain, and I'm not motivated to do heli stuff when weather is crappy for this long a stretch. I cant even fly the F-16EDF in this weather.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Tim,
I am glad the Galaxy did well on your maiden. The video comes through well.

beevous,
Congrats on getting your Titan in the air. Sounds like you have nailed the gyro stuff and she is pretty stable. When it comes to nitro......... no thanks for most of the reasons you sited, you carry less out to the runway, no mess, no fuss. For "me" nitro's helis with all of that smoke takes away from any type of scale or in my minds eye of what a helicopter (cops that fly over the house) should look like to the eye as it flies by. When the choppers fly over my home there is no smoke bellowing out of it. On the other hand, planes.. well that is a different story. I enjoy hearing that gas motor buzzing as it flies by.

The 130 with it TT tail, was ordered by my buddy and as soon as I have some info of how well it holds up I'll post it. He already has the MCPX and God knows how many times he has planted that bugger with no damage other than a boom once. He too is concerned about that TT tail and how well it can take a crash.

We just got back from a whirl wind trip to Arizona last Friday and Saturday, 700 miles. Some of you will remember when I went to meet Mr. FastPhil in April. Well he had this thing (vehicle) called a Polaris Razor 800s LE. In short it is a small 4X4 OHV for two. In these 48 states they can only be driven in off road areas, no rubber can meet the pavement EXCEPT in other these 2 states of the 50......Arizona and Utah. So we drove over the border and bought one and then licensed and insured it for minimal dollars so when Phil comes back down from OR. and we go back to AZ we can spend time down there and we too can drive on the hills to the gold mines and such but we will be able to come in on surface streets too. These buggers will do 70 mph and will climb anything you throw at them, just not me. My spirit to push the envelope is long gone.......... putting in a caravan it fun enough for us. The other thing was, last April the wife and I were on our 350cc quads while Phil and others we sitting comfy in their RZRs while we rode the old roads, trails, and rocky roads. We are in are middle 60s now and I thought I'll never be able to de-saddle the bike as we were both beat to crap and stiff when we got back to the RV. Oh! did I mention a stiff back too!! So now we will drive/ride in comfort and enjoy the scenery like the rest of the chaps. Here are a few pics of ours and few of Phil's friend up in OR out on the trails.
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:07 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
John,

Funny you posted these pics today as I was about to PM you. Remembering you bought a side by side awhile ago I wanted to inquire which one. We are also looking at side by sides right now and are considering either the Ranger Crew 800or the Kawasaki Teryx4 4X4 since we would ride as a family. Drop me a PM sometime and let me know what yuou think of the Polaris RZR and the quality thus far.

No RC here as usual
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Jim,

That is funny but again we only brought this home three days ago an only got to drive it 8 miles after picking it up in AZ due to the 118 degree temps there at this time of the year. Then on the way home from AZ back to Calif the wind blew 30-35 mph all of the way. So she is sitting in the garage.

Here is the little I could gleen on my own. I bought this from the referral of FASTPHIL who got his in Feb and has driven his tons of miles all through AZ where we followed him and all of the others that drove RZRs. One guy did have a Kawasaki.
When I was looking I thought Phil had the monster 900 size. It was then I found out his was only the 800cc size. Here is the big insight Jim. The 800XL has a 50" wheel base (wide)! narrow for those tight place but its suspension is poor. When you get the 800S LE then your getting the top of the line suspension, tires and extended wheel base for the best ride in town! Some of Phil's friends only got the 800 and then had to add 2K to bring it up the 800 S LE equivalent so the ride was great.
FASTPHIL is really the guy to talk to . He hasn't posted here in a while but I talk with him daily. I can put you two together if you like, let me know. His friend is the service manager at the RZR dealer where he goes so he has the skinny on everything. Another thing before I forget, the 800 models, and 900 all share the same body and cabin in size! so the leg room is in the same and the shoulder to should is too, that shocked me when started getting into this thing. As the number of the car grew I thought the interior size did too, it does not! But beyond higher lift from the ground and width more monster tires the cabs are the same. But most importantly, here is 64K question for you, your use of the car. We are on "small" mountain trails up through the gold country so small is better! If your areas are not tight then the 4 seater side by side will work well for you. I know you'll want to take the kids with you so that is a given. Just know the turning radius is much larger. Let me know if you want more info and I can call you and or put you with Phil.
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/atv-ranger/Pages/Home.aspx

http://www.rzrforums.net/
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Last edited by JPee; Jun 04, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Nothing going on here. Been looking at the Hyperion Bird Dog 25E, I'm fairly impressed with it. It would be very HARD to pick between the white/intl red or the olive green. With my eyes....I think white because all the GREEN around here. The wind has been very opressive for R/C anything. Been using the Harley for honeydoo's going here and going there. It's easier on gas than the car or truck for short runs to the store or whatever. I think that's where the 883 and 1200 sportsters have it over the large cruisers.....being practical on short trips. I'm HOPING Friday, I'll be talking the three grand kids up to the Harley dealer and show them the BIG (new) bikes. I'm also taking #1 grand daughter out to see if we can nail a 24"+ Nothern Pike tomorrow night. That's about all I got going on here. I wished I could report unrestricted R/C flying, but it's just not happening with the weather.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:18 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Gheez, I finally have something to report. It's just not R/C related. Lol

Liz has been bugging me for 3 or 4 years to get her a SUV, to replace her 1995 Saturn (yep, 17 years old) we've had it for 8 years.

It's not new, but I got her a 2009 Saturn Vue XR. Kind of cool looking and fun to drive.

In one of the pictures you can see her 1995 Saturn at the end of the driveway.
It still runs fantastic, and looks like new. We'll probably give it to Leslie's family, these Saturns seem to run forever.

Needless to say, Liz won the discussion on this purchase.

time
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule