HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Jay,

If your like most folks and have way to much "Stuff", you may consider one of those rental storage units when you put your house on the market. Maybe a friends garage or barn.

Don't forget to spruce up the outside too for street appeal. That and the kitchen are two big selling points. A lot of work for sure, no two ways about it.

Blessings...
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
HEY BOB'S,

ANOTHER SURPRISE FROM ALIGN.

ALIGN APS GYRO VIDEO (3 min 12 sec)

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old May 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
United Kingdom, England, Tedburn St Mary
Joined Apr 2012
225 Posts
Wheres the fun in that ?
vengeance111 is offline Find More Posts by vengeance111
Old May 25, 2012, 03:39 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...I uploaded the latest upgrade for the sim. It has some glitches in the model select animation of the model, but I havent seen any other problems. I flew the supercub with floats....pretty cool.

JPEE...thats an AWSOME gyro. Would be great on my 500 I think.

I'm NOT going anywhere, maybe take the kids fishing and puttering with the bike and hopefullly get a couple flights with the F-16. Other than that.....notta.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm sure a plan will surface and we are looking forward to some "us" time.

JPEE- I had to laugh when you mentioned scrabble! Last year when we were w/o power for 5 days we played a LOT of scrabble, mostly by candel light and it was great fun. Now since we got smart phones we are playing "Words with Friends" on the phones. Same as scrabble and still lots of fun! Great suggestion!

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend and find time for fun, family, and down time.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Holy crap JPEE! What a system that is! Can imagine that running a small fortune but also saving you a small fortune in repair costs too!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 25, 2012, 10:09 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Y'all,
I had a quick flight with the Beast and my wife came out to video. Not as good as Tim's videos, I have no way to edit it so it is no music and raw. I hope you enjoy.

UMX Beast 3D (2 min 36 sec)

Thanks to all of our Military volunteers who are serving, have served, and especially to those who paid the ultimate price and all Families of our service men and women.

God Bless
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 25, 2012, 10:52 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
John,
That is awesome! That has great potential for aerial photography and video. Very cool find and thanks for sharing! My vid tonight was to test the Canon elph100 at 720i that my wife got me for Christmas and it just doesn't look like the vids from the GoPro. Imagine a GoPro slung from your 500 with your camera rig design with this gyro system.

Blessings!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 26, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay.....the beast looks and sounds good.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:21 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Hi BOBs. Been so busy this spring and it is already summer!! WTH happened? LOL. Have not flown much as I have been so busy with the car stuff. Now that it is slowing down, I am finding time to get out. Nica and I got out to the park today and I buddy boxed her on and F-22. This was her very first time flying RC and has had just possibly three times on the simulator. She did great. Eight packs and we came home relatively unscathed.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Hey Y'all,
I had a quick flight with the Beast and my wife came out to video. Not as good as Tim's videos, I have no way to edit it so it is no music and raw. I hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/bDUt5nXB1iw

Thanks to all of our Military volunteers who are serving, have served, and especially to those who paid the ultimate price and all Families of our service men and women.

God Bless
Jay, is that the one with the AS3X? I had the original a while ago. Flew in the dome quite well.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 27, 2012, 12:01 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Chaz's graduation party

Today was Chaz's graduation party and everything went very well. I'm guessing that about 80 people showed up. Family, friends and some of the local farmers (friends). You have to remember that Leslie lives in the country and the funny thing is, at least for a city boy like myself. Some of the folks drove over in their farm trucks, some ATV's and one in an gas powered golf cart. One of their farmer friends looks like Randy Quaid (the actor) with a mustache and beard. Shaking hands with him was like shaking hands with a hunk of steel. Lmao.

Here's a picture of my granddaughters on the neighbors donkey.
That's Kayle (14 yo) in the red sweat shirt and Katy (11 yo) on the back. The girl on the ground is the neighbor kid.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Jay,

You sure haven't lost your touch, excellent flying as usual. I love the T-shirt, I couldn't read it all but it's to cool. "Tree Huggin is okay... As long as your climbing up to ??? Deer Stand.." And the smile on your face at the end, shows you were very pleased with your flight.

Blessings.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:12 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
JPee,
Cool video on the Align gizmo, if the price is right I could see alot of people getting one. It would be an excellent platform for FPV, photo and movie shots. It may have help your buddy that recently crashed his 700 too. Just flip the switch and it self stabilizes (right side up too). Hah! It also, seems like it's much more stable than some of the earlier models from other vendors.

Vic,

Been busy around the house and helping Leslie set things up with the graduation. I'm pretty much free starting Monday, I'll download the lastest Phoenix and see what's up.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Ivan...very cool she's flying. I got my grand daughter (11yo) flying the gasser cub on the simulator. Trying to teach her NOT to be heavy handed on the controls and do a smooth scale like flight. ONCE I get her to land the cub on the sim every time with no problems....I'm buying her an electric cub....that will be a done deal. As far as spring goes...it's been a fairly crappy spring up here and I'm glad we'll be hitting summer temps soon.

Dave...looks like the kids had a BALL and that's cool. I think I've rode a donkey a couple times when I was their age. I know the donkey was more cool about riding than the HORSES were. I even rode a flipp'in cow when I was young. Farm life has it's good points but it's labor intensive keeping all the animals happy, clean, and fed. Lets put it this way....I've shoveled enough manure in my day to be sure.

Took the grandson out fishing on the 25th which is the day before bass season opens. Thought I'd be getting into some bluegill...yeah right. I caught a HUGE large mouth bass, and a really good sized rock bass and had to immediately release them (out of season). Both fish were monsters and legal in size by a long shot, just a day early. After the weather settles a bit here, it's #2 grand daughters turn to go out fishing with me. I'm taking her to the place where I caught that 33" pike a couple years ago. Pike is white and flakey and if you dress it right, minimal bones to contend with.