HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Ivan....that's facinating...never heard of it. I havent followed any type of racing since the early 1970's anyway though. Speed scares the poo out of me anyway unless I'm in a jet or other type aircraft. Loved taking off in a C-130 with JATO rockets. You go from zero to cruising altitude in nothing flat....that's a rush being pinned in your seat going vertical to clear mountains.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

Now that's some ass kickin' speed right there. Congratulations on another milestone.
JPee said it all "SPECTACULAR".

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Hi Dave.........
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Hey Vic,

I'm not posting much, because there's nothing to post about from my end. Zip R/C. And I'm sure nobody wants to here what I had for dinner and such. Lmao.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Same here....just the simulator. Today is less wind but it's only 40deg, I'm staying IN till it warms up. Doing nothing with the 500, just sitting till I get a good charger and the right battery for it. I'm in no hurry because technically, it's still winter up here. It's officially spring here when the overnight temps dont drop below 50 deg.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:19 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
+3 for "SPECTACULAR!"
That was great on board footage. I noticed in one shot the mirror blows in from the speed. That is FAST! Great driving BTW, she looked a little light on the first record breaker. Wow
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:32 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,205 Posts
Got home from Mexico Wednesday night then spent all day Thursday mowing grass and cleaning the yard! We had perfect weather, at home is projected to rain thru Wed of next week so it give me time to get helis ready to fly.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle...glad you got back OK. I hate Mexico, it's as dangerous to US citizens as any 3rd world country like Pakistan or Turkey for example.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:24 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
uuuuhhh

not BRAZIL I hope !

BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Like Chopper wrote, there is not much going on to write about. I went to the field yesterday when I thought I saw a break in the gray overcast skies and thought flying might be possible. I struggled through two packs and called it.
However, a friend was there with a 500 equipped with a 3GX which he had just upgraded to the newly released software from Align, like a version. The short of it is.......... he took her up flew a bit left to right and then did a slow piro. At that point the 3GX got confused and flipped the heli over and she came down in a $125.00 crash. Now he reads on HF that this upgrade is suicide! and is flawed YIKES. And that many have had the same thing happen. He put the 3GX in the trash and bought another VBAR like he has on his 600-700 heli and called it a day. A tough lesson I am afraid.

We are expecting todays temp to hit 75 but we still have clouds, so I don't know if it will be flyable, but we are hoping

IVAN: Thank you for replying and explaining the governor questions I submitted. Now I understand how that system works.
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Last edited by JPee; Mar 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
"He put the 3GX in the trash "......LMAO.....like E-Flite stuff:

I do feel bad for him but I couldn't RESIST the E-Flite compairison. We all go down that road of getting sucked in by promises of greatness only to be crushed like a bug.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:18 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Vic,
Your a PIP with a great sense of humor

I ran up to to filed today set to fly the 700 three times and the 500 four times. I got in the 700 flights but only one 500 as guys starting coming in and it got to where there was a line of 5 people to fly. When you figure how long it takes for a guy to walk out, fly, come in and land and walk back to the tables, well................. lets just say that's all gonna take longer than I want to sit around, so headed home.
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE...really, no malice intended. We all get it handed to us once in a while.
Went out today and grabbed the finishing part of the "Hitch 'N Plow....the plow it's self. Yes....ge got some SNOW today, along with rain, sleet, whatever. I ended up buying a $31 lock set so nobody can stal it off th back of my truck. Lt it SNOW baby....I'm ready with a 6ft back plow.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:20 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Tough lesson to learn Jpee but we've all invested poorly at some point.

Vic- Looks like you have it ready to go now that spring is here! Just betting a blizzard will come your way now!

Ivan- My jaw can not be scrapped up off the floor. It fell that hard watcing your latest video. Well done!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim....that plow also works in dirt. I already got a couple of driveway jobs comming, and the private road where my son lives needs done REAL BAD as soon as it drys out a bit here.

Add: 03/31

Did some drive way dragging with the plow.....VERY NICE.

You guys will LOVE this. Not in english but it needs NO interpetation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jU9VhE_rDYw
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Mar 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM.