SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:43 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Kyle- Great shots! Hope you have more to come.

Rick- Excellent compilation. Thanks for sharing.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Hey Fellas.... Just checking in.. Zip going on here, STILL. Lol!

Jay

Sorry to hear that Brendan took a good one to the noggin'. It sounds like he's doing okay, but it something you need to watch for awhile. Here's a site from Mayo Clinic for things to watch, it's a lot more than you would think.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/con...CTION=symptoms

I like the video you posted, excellent photography and the ending was a hoot. Looks like his TX took a swim too. Lol

Rick

The IMAA video is great, lots of nose overs at the end and some wing scrapping going on.

Kyle

Great pictures from the Efest. Hope you and Holly had a grand time. You've been at your new job for sometime now, I'm betting you're a well oiled machine by now.

Vic

The cap for your truck looks like just what you need for hauling things. Taking it to a body shop and having it done it the easiest and best way to get it done. Besides, most body shops guarantee their work from chiping and peeling.

Don't know what to tell you about the charger and battery situation, but sure sounds like a predicament.

Sounds like your wife's brother ship came in hitting the lottery. I wish him well with it and hope he doesn't capsize the ship.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:34 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay...kids get hurt, it's what they do. Just glad it wasn't REAL serious.

Dave...wife having a bum leg, I'm pretty much "Mr. Mom". Been busier than I care to be, haven't touched a heli since last Friday. Yeah....I hope my BIL doesnt "blow it". He needed a good break, and finally got it and he better use it wisely. I looked up the Keno payouts, the largest was $2500.00, but his 401K finally got released from arbatration, so he finally gets that as well. It'll give him some breathing room no doubt.

I got that external CDRW/DVDRW in today, and I loaded the Pheonix onto the net book and it works fine. It took about 6 hours of fussing to get everything working right, but I got it...persistance pays off.

I didn't get the truck top to the body shop today......too much "Mr. Mom" stuff going on, I had to get some food into this house so my daughter and I went grocery shopping....man I hate doing that. I should be good for a month though...filled the freezer down stairs, lots of stuff.

RICHARD....gald to see you jump in!!!

Hello to every one, hope ALL is going well for everyone.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Tim / Wnuk

Here's the settings that you posted.
Swash Mix: 3 servo, 120*, Exp Act, Aile +60%, Elev +60%, Pit. -60%.

I think we all agree that the rear / elevator servo is going in the wrong direction.

However, I have to disagree with Jim/Wnuk saying to adjust the swash setting for the "pitch" from a negitive to a postive number. I believe it should be the "elevator" setting, from a postive to a negitive number.

Before changing any swash setting, be sure that all your sevos move in the same direction when you apply full throttle. If not, change the direction of the one sevo that isn't moving in the same direction with your "sevo reverse" menu.
Once they are all moving in the same direction, then adjust swash setting if needed.

Swash values: You asked if the 60% numbers are to agressive. Those are good starting points, but it's really your personal preferrence on how responsive you want your heli. The closer those numbers get to zero, the less responsive the heli will be. Example: If your aileron is set to 60% and that gives you an eight degree movement of the swashplate, a lesser number will decrease the movement to say 6 or 7 degrees for aileron input.

Hope this gets things going for you
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Vic

With Liz and I both retired now, we somewhat share the load. Lol. But I'll fess up, she does most of it. I do a lot of the laundry though, she's always had a bad hip and she's having more and more trouble going up and down stairs to the basement.

Liz and I always go to the grocery store together, I always end up laughing at all the prices of groceries these days. The cheap hamburger meat is $3.29 a pound, so we started eating a lot more chicken and pork chops. Chops are cheaper, $2.69 a pound.

Gas here has been running between 3.21 and 3.40 a gallon, for a month or so, regular unleaded.

I don't have an external CDRW/DVDRW, I just don't have the need right now. But I do have two external hard drive for backing up files and such.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:03 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Off Topic News

Year end statistics on airport pat-down screening from the Atlanta Airport TSA office.....!

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0
Transvestites 133
Hernias 1,485
Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172
Incontinence 6,418
Enlarged Prostates 8,249
Breast Implants 59,350
Natural Blondes 3
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:07 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Omg that is hilarious Dave
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Too funny Dave!

You may be correct about the elevator servo compared to the pitch. My memory from programming is a bit foggy, it's been awhile!

Tim- the end result should be all three servos moving in the same direction as you increase/decrease your throttle (pitch).
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...I had to get an external CDRW/DVDRW to accomidate this net book. It has NO internal drives other than the hard drive which is pre-loaded with OS and drivers. If it ever crashes and you have to restore it, you need an external to load the OS, etc. I can now run my Pheonix FS off this netbook while it's hooked to the 50" TV in the livingroom....it's awsome.

Just spent the last 4.5 hours cleaning the front large bedroom and I ran myself OUT of 33gal trash bags. The trash service ISN"T gonna be happy with me next Monday because this is the second time I'm gonna exceed my 6 bag limit. I think I got a plan thought. Most of the trash belongs to the daughter, she can take it home and have her service dispose of it.

Those TSA stats are the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Vic..
I never had a lap top before, never had the need. But playing on the big screen may be a good excuse. Lol.

Garbage: Been there done that tooooo many times. Same here, 6 bag limit. However, the last pick-up day of each month is unlimited. They call it "Big Garbage Day". Lol.. But the neat thing about it is, you can put out big appliances too, refrigerators, dryers, washers, etc.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Dave, All, here is what is happening now. Elevator pushes the swash forward, goes up, with increased throttle. Aileron and Pitch both go down, pulling the swash down at the same time. If I understand what you are telling me I need to switch my servos so that that move in the same direction with throttle application. It is a fairly simple fix, but because once throw the reverse switch I will have some simple mechanical adjusting to do, I want to be sure I have it correct.

Out here refrigerators etc cost good money to get rid of, I think it's around $25 to get rid of a major appliance. And folks wonder why people dump them.

Thanks
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Efest was kinda disappointing this year no more pics sry. There were only about half the vendors that there normally are. Very few helis at the event this year it gets less and less heli friendly every year. I do have a video of the combat i will try and get uploaded.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes with Brendan. He's doing great

Dave,
That was great Good to hear ya. I hope all is well with You and the Family!

Vic,
50" Plamsa

God Bless All!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I know that this is a double post, in a short period of time. But I think I need to make this very clear. I pulled out the mCPX manual to verify my servo names. Then I thought, you know, my minor triumphs only work if everything was backwards, then I thought, well super genius, what does the swash on the CP heli you can fly, do, and compare it to the 450. Can you say DUH moment. Clearly the entire swash lifts. I hate it when I overlook an obvious resource I will be resolving this issue this evening. But I would not have even gotten to this point without you guys.

Thanks for your help guys, I truly do not think I would have made it this far without your patient assistance and guidance. Maybe a hovering video manana.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Tim,

You may or may not have to adjust mechanically if you have to reverse a servo.

Here's an easy way to check servo movement. But I think you already have this right.

Throttle stick only:
From throttle off position, move the stick to full throttle. All servos should push the swashplate up. If any servo moves downwards, go into the TX and reverse that servo. That's it for this step.

Right Stick only:
Move the stick forward and the swashplate should tilt towards the nose of the heli. Move the stick backwards / towards you and the swashplate should tilt to the tail of the heli... If not, change the value of the "elevator" setting in the swash mix, opposite of what it is. + to - or - to +

Move the stick to the left, the swashplate should tilt to the left, viewing from the tail. If not, change the value of the "aileron" setting in the swash mix, opposite of what it is. +to- or -to+. That's it. Now it's time for a test hover.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
Appliance pick up: They only charge us a $10 fee, if it has a cooling system, like a refrigerator or window air conditioner. Not for washers or dryers.