SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:04 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
What a road trip....I'm beat. I did buy the topper and the guy threw on a new rear door seal, new gas rods, and gave me four clamps, and installed it on the truck for me to drive it home so I didn't have to trailer it (I took my trailer just in case). Now I'm deciding on having a body shop paint it or do it myself. Either way, it's gonna wait. I'll get an estiment from the body shop and then make a decision from there. For the time being, it stays on the truck because of weather.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:06 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Excellent!!

I am hanging my head in shame. I found the problem with the heli's reversing issue. It seems that when I replaced some head parts last time around I for got to do so at 50% pitch. I just set it up like an airplane Aren't learning experiences wonderful

Tim

Second to last video from last weekend

SSX 5 Feb 12 Roller Coaster series.wmv (5 min 15 sec)
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Feb 07, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:32 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Busy but lurking!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Tim,

Well at least you found out the issue. There is some satisfaction in figuring out your own mistakes. Well done son!
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:30 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Hey guys, I am suddenly getting this heli thing. Here is a livetrim session. But I set my swash with a different pitch curve I do think I have my ailerons set now in the sub trims. It is a bit long but in real time it was 30 + minutes. I followed with a few great profile 3D flights.

Please tell me what I missed.

Tim

TRExi 450 Dx and Trim session 8 Feb 12.wmv (7 min 26 sec)
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:26 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
You are getting closer Tim! One thing that may help; in this video you can see your blades tilting forward as you get close to lift off. I don't know if it's your thumbs doing that or your setup. That is the reason the heli wants to scoot forward and not lift straight up.

Check to see that your swash is level at mid throttle position. Disconnect the main motor from the ESC and arm your heli. Bring the throttle up to mid stick and look at your swash from the side and back of the heli/ It should be near perfectly level front to back (elevator), and side to side (aileron).
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
At least someone is making progress. Seems of late, I hit wall after wall. I bought a 5S battery for my 500, my charger Thunder AC6 keeps giving errors on the connections. It also did it on the 6S battery, so I am thinking my brand new charger which charges 3S just fine may be BAD. Dunno....this is getting OLD. I do fly the beans out of the simulator though.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:41 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Thanks guys. It was something I did. And I guess it necessary for me to do it to get the error. I zero'd my swash with a pitch curve of 40-67-100. Then, a couple of days later(yesterday) I went back to Ivan's recommended pitch curve 40-50-100. And no amount of sub trim could solve this problem.

I think I am beginning to think in helicopter, just beginning, as far as setups go. Instead of running into walls in the dark, I think I am seeing, dimly, what is going on. For planes I get the basics set once and I'm done. For a Heli, every change requires both TX and Mechanical adjustments. It's easy to read or hear that, but you have to, I have to, really wrap my head around it. I do not know that I have read that though. I think it is "understood".

Vic, my Triton Jr has decided to stop charging anything over 3s1300mah. It also gives connection errors. In other words I feel your annoyance
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I'll be on the search for a NEW charger, and buying it from someone besides where I bought this one. Yep....fairly annoying.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Been in court Depo for two days now as a wit for the State of Calif...CRAP! What an experience, they are no fun. Yesterday I was in the chair for 8 hours with a 30 min lunch. I got hit by 10 Attorney's. Because it is a class action suite I get hammered by everyone's Lawyer that had a product on site at the time 1983-2005. This all stems form a one of my crew passing away years after his retirement. Today I get hit by 20 more attorneys that had their products on site.

But on the brighter side here is a some you guys will enjoy. A testiment to our armed forces and most of you here.
WW II : RARE COLOR FILM : AIRCRAFT CARRIER IN THE PACIFIC (8 min 53 sec)
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Doesn't sound like to much fun, John. But the video was great to watch!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:15 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html

Vic, here's your charger!! I have one and it has worked perfectly for several years. I am about to order a second one.

Tim
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Actually....I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a Hyperion that uses 110v or 12v as a power source. I haven't read ANYTHING bad about the Hyperon, but it is a little pricy.

Here's the trck cap waiting to go to the body shop Monday to get painted the same color as my truck.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Looks real nice, Vic. Will be useful in carrying that bipe this spring too!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I just ordered another one. I'm off to work on the 450.