Amazing never ends !

I remain speechless :
consider this one my GIFT for the Bros. for today

I'm not surprised to learn that such technology exists. It uses your IP
> address and finds the exact location of any Internet user in seconds. It
> uses a sophisticated time-based algorithm to do so. Try it and find your
> PRECISE location on the earth, then watch your screen as the system
> briefly analyzes your data... then displays your PRECISE location... Your
> location will pop up in a new window in about 10 seconds or so.
>
> Click on the link below......
>
> http://www.darnay.com/iec/features/locator/index.html

As mentioned before, many times : Why does RICK even still exist ?????

BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Hi GuysNot a lot going on. I have to go shopping and then maybe some flight. I looked at the mCPX2, they just did a factory version if the grommet mod, and the new tail as been in the replacement parts chain for a while. And they are saying they updated the electronics some.

Here is a non RC video,
2011 Ferndale Lighted Tractor Parade Pt1.wmv (5 min 47 sec)
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...the reason you're still here is simple. As useless as you MAY feel sometimes (especially when the holidays arrive and you're mostly alone), you HAVE NOT completed the mission in your life that God wants done, and obviously your daughter and grand daughter STILL need you around....not to mention your own mother. My father in law feels EXACTLY the same way as you sometimes. Well....apparently he's not completed his life mission either. Find yourself, find your peace, and enjoy the years you have left in this world....BUILD YOUR 450 PRO!!!

Here's a short vid of the bike breathing air in the front yard. I had to lock the choke on because it's fairly cold, she didn't want to stay running because it hadnt warmed up yet:

2001 Harley 883XL red bobber (1 min 12 sec)
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Dec 19, 2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add vid
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:01 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,279 Posts
ya know rick,10 yrs ago when i got sick and they told me i would never walk again and that this virus was going to kill me sooner or later i started wondering the same thing,why am i still here when i feel so useless.well 10 yrs later,my hobbies help and i have met quite a few gtreat folks that i would not have met had i not got sick and needed a hobby to keep me busy.then i started talking to my son and daughter again and realized they still need a dad,and of course i look at my pup and know he needs me everyday and always loves me also.seems i always find more reasons to stay than to leave all the time.now i give lectures at the u of w 4 time a yrs to med students about this and realise i am needed,and so are you.one day you'll find out why and realise that it's worth sticking around
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:17 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Sometimes as bad as I feel which is most of the time, I too wonder "why?". I know I cant leave until the wife, kids, and grand kids are gonna be alright. What do I do? I get up every morning, and go through the day, and then go to bed. Like oly, I work on my hobbies to keep me focused and having goals to work for, not to mention working on the house or whatever needs attention. Having my dog follow me all over the house and checking on me, it's a good feeling too. My dog is like my child, I gotta watch that little trouble maker/food stealer....LOL
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
The silence is deafening.......
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Extraordinary misunderstanding !

I quote myself here ! : " As mentioned before, many times : Why does RICK even still exist ????? "
================================================== ==========
and I stand incredulous about how this simple statement was interpreted by VIC and OLY .....!
================================================== =======
MY INTENT IN SAYING THIS WAS TO MOCK AND RIDICULE MYSELF AND MAYBE EVEN TO APPLY SOME SARCASM to the fact that I had just posted another silly and maybe not so funny piece of nonsense.... ( it makes me sad to see how the thread gets abandoned, so I keep on trying! )
But I DO SEE how it's easy to read it the way they did !!!!
================================================== =======
I am here to say that I am far from being a pessimist, a depressive maniac or even being constantly sad and forlorn about anything. In fact I am VERY satisfied with the way my life is going on, with my job, my animals, MY HOBBY and my friends in the thread not to mention the greatest happiness of all : ( no females around to mess up my happy life !!! ) NO REASON AT ALL FOR DEPRESSION.
And I do appreciate y'alls concerns and remarks about it. the Dr.'s test result that show me at the 40 y/o level is really true !

10 pm....... 2 Cocker Spaniels and 1 Feline are in bed.
My turn now

G'nite DINK OOOPPSSSS and I thought it is already 10pm and it's only 9 pm......WINTER BEGINS TOMORROW !!! eeuuuwww
I will now read the AMA Magazine for an hour , instead :-)
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Dec 20, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I couldn't help myself and got a V2 mCP X. I got one flight in so far and noticed right away that I actually have a throttle curve now. There is no difference between all the throttle curves on my V1 but the V2 has noticeable differences in head speed. More to come.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:06 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick.....I NOW understand with explanation but it was EASY to mis-interpet what you said. We know you're not psyco..... But we keep an eye on your moods because WE CARE.....all of us.

We had a LOVELY day here, barely cracking 32deg, wind was 5-7mph. Felt like GARBAGE all day, just cant shake it today even though my O2 reads 97% and pulse rate is at 87 which is good (yes, I have one of those finger readers here and I use it daily). Somehow, I ended up with a hole in the dog kennel big enough for the Taco Bell dog to get out. I cut some metal coat hangers, grabbed some fence pliers and went out there in the cold and now it's fixed. It's fixed good enough to get me through the winter. I'll re-fix it in the spring when I can make it look prettier. I was intrested in fixed, not pretty. Didn't TOUCH the biplane today. I was busy putting out other fires and HOPEFULLY, everything is under control now. Maybe I can get to the point of covering the bottom wings tomorrow, but I'm still doing small stuff on the fuselage.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
I couldn't help myself and got a V2 mCP X. I got one flight in so far and noticed right away that I actually have a throttle curve now. There is no difference between all the throttle curves on my V1 but the V2 has noticeable differences in head speed. More to come.
Yeah...keep us clued in. I still think a total brushless motor system would be good.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:16 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Vic

The bike looks awesome! Sure will be fun to ride come spring.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Vic

The bike looks awesome! Sure will be fun to ride come spring.
Thanks. We got a BUNCH of harley riders in this area, they all park at the resturant in town (I dont go there). I gotta feeling mine will turn some heads when I go by.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
OFF TOPIC

But need I say more................yes I do, THANK YOU to our troops!

2011 West Virginia University Marching Band Armed Forces Salute (5 min 31 sec)
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:08 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
OFF TOPIC

But need I say more................yes I do, THANK YOU to our troops!
very cool vid man...that took some practice !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:17 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Not off topic.......