SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:15 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Dave, the instructions are not too clear... The top main bearing block goes writing up and the bottom block goes writing down. I think we discussed this once before but for the 600.... I am sure you have them in correctly but I figured it would be worth mentioning.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:27 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Stamper Guy

Hey Stamp/Jim,

I know it can be frustrating for you, each and everyone of us on the thread has been there, so don't feel along by any means.

I'll be quick here, I'm tired as heck.

Anywho, there is a ton of information on the internet and forums to get you started. For me, it was a long time to hover and get my orientations straight in my head. About 6 months or more. Some learn quickly some don't. That's just part of the hobby.

Don't pass up on Ivan's / 9sec240 offer to help you. Take the time to do that.
He'll get you straight, I know that for sure.

Almost sleeping here,
Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:37 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...looking good there. I think you'll love it.

John (JPEE)...I watched the whole video guy, I gotta agree with the others here. It didn't look like it had the nuts on the recovery punchout it should have had. Could have been the broken mount, pitch/throt curves, or battery. One thing about helicopters, one thing could look like several other things...that's what makes this an amazing hobby. To make one fly, and make it fly right....that's an accomplishment of beating a lot of odds that are against you...mechanically, electrically, and pilot wise.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Dave, the instructions are not too clear... The top main bearing block goes writing up and the bottom block goes writing down. I think we discussed this once before but for the 600.... I am sure you have them in correctly but I figured it would be worth mentioning.
Ivan,

With my eyes, nothing is to clear. LMAO! Yep, I remember the discussion with the 600.. Damn, your right again. I appreciate it for sure. I did srew up, I already made the change to the lower bearing block. Oh, I'll clean up the grease too.

See Pic....

Thanks again,

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:34 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Jim, I can help you with it. When are you available? I live in Carol Stream and can meet you some place convenient for both of us. I will probably be flying at Checkerboard in Maywood tomorrow. It is on 1st just south of 290 across from Loyola Hospital. I will probably be flying at Busse in Schaumburg on Sunday.
Ivan,

I'm in Prospect Heights.
I'll take you up on that offer. Just a matter of when.
This weekend...no go. Little league, B Day party, Great America (maybe I'll get some pov riding the roller coaster).
Next weekend I have no clue what the plans are.
If you don't mind I'll keep in touch via pm and we can work something out.
Thank you for the offer...very nice of you.
Oh...not to mention, I need a haircut lol. Too many things to do.

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
Dave

Lookin good but dont forget to sleep or all your bearings will be backwards

Stamp

If you get a chance take a video of the Belt-cp and meet up with Ivan he'll check iy over good.

Ivan
Way to go keepin Dave on track , he's like a little kid when he gets excited with a new heli.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:23 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
Jim
Good idea to amp ckeck the new motor that could a been flying fireball. I sure was smilin this heli is fun a very stable but very capable. Im gonna try to get some air time today after I finish yard work.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:25 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
JPEE

That looks like it went down hard I don't got 2cents to give I'm broke
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:41 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
Trex 700e release is May

http://rchelimag.com/pages/newsarchi...e=042010#62324
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Dave That looks real sweet! We all KNEW you'd be busy this weekend!

Vic- Good to hear Rick is well. Tell him to share whatever is on his mind here, not jusr RC stuff!

Ivan- Great of you to offer Stamp some help. Wish more of us lived closer together to do some flying!

Stamp- make some time to get with Ivan real soon. Having someone experienced go over your heli with you is priceless. Don't go by youtube videos either. Those people didn't learn that stuff overnite, takes much time and patience. As for me, I still get nervous when flying the heli, its a full focus for me. Planks on the other hand are more relaxing cuz I've been doing them longer.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Last edited by Wnuk; Apr 17, 2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: I can't spell......... :)
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:42 AM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Stamp/Jim,
POV on the roller coaster... Yeah!!! That would be awesome

Wunk/Jim
I can't believe the Red Wings pulled it out 7-4. I hate these late games, I fell asleep @ the beginning of the second
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Apr 17, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
"I fell asleep @ the beginning of the second "

Oh yeah...there's a nail biter for ya. You fell asleep, what's that tell you?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:39 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Jay, now your cooking with gas arr arr arr 20 amps! Boy oh boy that BOT900 is really something! Like you said the cost would scare the crap and beans out of ya. I'll check my head speed that you pointed out but you clearly heard my hit idle-up and my RPMs go high. Without looking I think my curve is 95-98-100, I'll giver a look today.

Kyle, how cool you have that wonderful field across the highway to fly. The driveway shots are great too!

9sec240, Ivan I am running two 3S 2250 25C packs in series. Been running them for over year and never had an issue. But as now you say and Jay says, you all hear RPMS dropping I visit that today.

Thanks Jim for your blessings, and good luck on the gryo problem you have been dealing too.

Stamp-Jim, I hope my crash won't sendya to the Dentist with that jay issue LOL.

Yes I hear ya Vic, gonna review everything today. I can't say it's not possible that my packs may have lost some of their amperage. I'll be doing some test flying today and Sunday in idle-up but just sport flying and throwing some spikes at her to see how she responds.
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:39 AM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
I am SOOOOO excited!!!!!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE...You'll get 'er, I know you. It's a shame it had to crash to discover a problem though.