HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:09 AM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
I have been looking for others in the area that might be able to help me finish setting up my up dated E Sky Belt CP (have a lot of money in this helicopter and have not flown it yet) and when I get it built my T-Rex 500 ESP as well as give me some hands on help. What I am going to do is set it up my self and hopefully get some one to check it before I try and fly. May be getting some one to buddy box for my first flight. I have all the special tools and most of it is fairly straightforward just take a LOT of work to set up a CP properly!!!!!! Last night I attended one of the local club meetings and meet some very good people. Was invited to there flying field this Saturday. Then on March 27th I am going to attend the other local clubs meeting, fly in and picnic.
46u is offline Find More Posts by 46u
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 01:19 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
I did like one of the fine members here recommended and called Horizon Hobby about my battery problem and SR swash plate problem. I am happy to say they are sending me 2 batteries and when they get the swash palate in stock will be sending me one of those as well. I am sorry to say they are not going to replace the main blades that all so got messed up do to the swash plate separating.

Another question I was told by Scott the representative at HH I talked to say that E-flite and Align are the same company. Is this true?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Woooohoooo...A break in weather! I spent the last couple days going over my GWS Corsair, and I finally finished up last night. Equipages are:

*TR 28-30B 14A 1050Kv Brushless Outrunner
*MasterAirscrew 9-4 electric series prop
*Pheonix 25a ESC
*Zippy 1500mAh 20c 3S
* x4 HXT900 servos

Maiden of the season went exceptionally well. A slight 3-5mph NNE wind, about 55deg, bright and sunny. I put 'er up, only had to trim a little right aileron, and some down elevator, flew for 8 minuets, doing lazy circuits some loops and rolls. D/R's are 60ail/60ele/with 60%expo. I need to make the ailerons a little more snappy, I'll bump them up to 80 on the D/R. A decient flight. I do need to go up about two sizes on the motor. It flys about as it was designed....a park flyer. I'd like more speed and vertical authority. It's a belly flopper and it was a perfect 3 pt landing....dirt on both leading edges of the main wing...and the skid I installed in the center of the fuse.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:40 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
NOW THAT WAS GREAT TO READ :

MAIDEN OF THE SEASON ! and successful too

GREAT : what follows ?
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:13 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
NOW THAT WAS GREAT TO READ :

MAIDEN OF THE SEASON ! and successful too

GREAT : what follows ?
Then I took it out and stuffed it, 5 minuets to repair. Then I took it back out and flew it again....LMAO.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:48 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
DX7 settings for SR

Rick

Here ya go on DX settings for the SR, I found this on Runryder. It's a starting point for you, you may have to change the throttle curve and or your pitch curves to your liking.

Dave
================================================== =========

go into the DX7 setup mode

start with a new model memory

select 120 degree swash

( if you want to use the remote gain plug and be able to select
between HH and RATE )

set the input select to

AUX2............GEAR
AUX2............GYRO

go into the main menu

reverse switches

set aile to reverse

set rudder to reverse

all other reverse switches set to normal

throttle hold to

-14 percent

and select AUX2 as the throttle hold switch

and in the swash screen

AILE -50%
ELEV -50%
pitch -30%

( if you are using the remote gain plug )

in the gyro screen

RATE
0: = 75
1: = 25

these settings will have the swash working correctly , but are just a starting point

a couple of things i noticed , they have the gyro gain plug zip tied off and not plugged into the RX ( so gain is controlled with the pot located on the GYRO ) , and the heads setup to increase pitch as the swash lowers
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:51 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Vic,

Glad to hear the weather is breaking for you and you got the Cosair out and running.

Me, I'm in a holding pattern right now, I decided to wait until the Align main gear comes in, before flying the HK 450 Pro again. The original gear is out of round, causing some noise and a small vibration.

Dave
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Glad someone was able to fly. Hopefully the oddballs here in Indiana will join in soon
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:19 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u View Post
I have been looking for others in the area that might be able to help me finish setting up my up dated E Sky Belt CP (have a lot of money in this helicopter and have not flown it yet) and when I get it built my T-Rex 500 ESP as well as give me some hands on help. What I am going to do is set it up my self and hopefully get some one to check it before I try and fly. May be getting some one to buddy box for my first flight. I have all the special tools and most of it is fairly straightforward just take a LOT of work to set up a CP properly!!!!!! Last night I attended one of the local club meetings and meet some very good people. Was invited to there flying field this Saturday. Then on March 27th I am going to attend the other local clubs meeting, fly in and picnic.
the worst about the belt-cp is the stock head design it just difficult to get right and has too much slop
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
the worst about the belt-cp is the stock head design it just difficult to get right and has too much slop
This is what I have on my Belt CP as far as a head and tail. Like I said I have mine HIGHLY modified. If I new what I know now I would not have bought it but have to much in it not to finish it.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:41 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Glad someone was able to fly. Hopefully the oddballs here in Indiana will join in soon
Oh, so now you're saying I'm an Oddball. I'm afraid, I'd have to agree with you though. Brrrrr, I'm chilled to the bone. Just sitting around.

Last edited by choppersrule; Mar 16, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:46 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
My problem is not the temperature it is the wind. Have not had a calm day in all most 3 months.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:22 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
looks similar to my copterX head and tail
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:35 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
Made of 7075 not the cheaper stuff many are made of.
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-CP-CNC/Detail

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...Belt-CP/Detail
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:00 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Looks nice! Do you use the stock main shaft with those?