HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:50 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Rick,

Very nice on the canopy! Your like the little the engine (train) that climbed the big hill saying "I think I can" " I think I can" "I think I can in a childs book we had in school. You stuck with it there all alone and gotter-done. You should be proud of those two ships pictured.

Dave,

What neat and tidy job on the wheelchair ramp OOPS..........
I mean wheel-barrow, snow blower, lawn mower, ramp lol. You should split your property lot and sell that part off and list as a single family dwelling LMAO. That's great Jeffery Michael got back in touch with ya. We all miss him that's for sure!

Vic,

Sorry for your problem with the mcpx part loss. I can't tell you times I have dropped something on the floor of the shop (which I sweep before I start) so then the wife and I lay on the floor cheek down to the concrete looking for the little something sticking up. They are impossible to see walking around so that method works well for me.

Hot and very humid here for Southern Cal. We flew last night but it was very uncomfortable.

A good weekend to and safe flying.

John
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:55 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Way to go Rick!!!!

I am still working to diagnose my mCPX's issue. I have taken the TX off of the list, I have taken the Hyperion batteries off of the list, I have taken both throttle and pitch curves off of the list.

Which leaves the motor. I have the original motor, freshly cleaned and oiled ready to go. And I will clean the new motor out, I am somewhat afraid that I picked up some dirt in the motor.

More to follow....

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:04 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Bobs,

I received two quick blurps from Jeff Michael, I asked him to pop in and say Hi.

Here's from Jeff:
================================================== ============

Jeff wrote: "Yes sir, I will have to do that soon ! Thanks Dave In time, I'll get another heli... You know I love the adrenalin rushes to much to let that go =) Take care Chief !"

Jeff wrote: "Oh...! Tell everyone I said hi for me, and to be safe Tell Vic to stay outta mischief also !! "
================================================== =====

I'll try to catch up, but you've guys have been pretty busy.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:06 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Two hours?

2 HOURS SINCE I POSTED LAST...wow

ANYWAY been busy with partially good results:
First, disassembled the 120 SR and exchanged the 5 n 1 that just now came from the UPS truck.
Partial Ok because the re-assembly went well, BUT, the SAME PROBLEM still persists; after 30 or 40 seconds the red light begins to flash and the heli drops on the ground. Since the 5 n 1 is everything there is; the ONLY remaining item is the motor which probably is going bad. So I shall send off for one or go to the LHS tomorrow. The newly arrived SECOND mCP-X is another resounding succes story. Took it out of the box, plugged in a fresh battery ( there are 12 now ! )
BINDED to the DX-7 and of course the program is already there so it took off and I got ONE MORE FBL PERFECT FLYER !!!

Now going to work on the UpGrading batteries LiPo systems and get the additional INNOVATOR going again, finally.....
I AM GETTING QUITE A FLEET BY NOW .... now that October is coming in there will be a whole bunch of flying for me since this is the most perfect of the months of the year for us here in Houston......Temps usually in the mid 70s...winds calm.....should be a good one.

Doing all this RC stuff, I forgot to eat.................
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Vic,
I went with a ramp instead of concrete blocks, I've got to many heavy things with wheels that I wouldn't like picking up all the time. When the snow comes, the snow thrower stays in the garage anyway.

You've been having your share of problems with the scale build, but we all know you'll make 'er work. A metal detector should find that small bearing for ya. Lmao!

Kyle,
Thanks on the shed, it was a while getting there, but she's all done now. Hope the new job is going as planned. Give'r time of course. It can be mind boogling at times stepping into a new position.

Wnuk,
I've got the Jazzy chair on charge now, should be ready to go shortly. Medicare picked up the tab on that one. LMAO! Yes, I've got your Weeeeeeeeeeeee Hockey, hanging right here. (I just cracked myself up_Ha,ha,ha, ha, ha) Just kidding of course, however, get the video of those boys playing for us though. The kids I do enjoy.

PS.. Thanks for letting me know how long the Hockey season is. Holy crap.... So much not to remember. Lol!

Tim,
Some great flying with the planks as usual, love to watch them. Hope you get your battery dilemma resolved on the TX... Ever think of going with a Lipo pack???

Ivan,

The great drag race video was pretty neat, thanks for sharing that one. I did tell Jeff Michael to check in on RCU also. He's been a great friend of mine over the years.

Rick,
YIKES! Those down hill snow guys are nut cases. I'm glad to see your BACK, "Eyes and All" with the canopy.. You're like the little engine that could, I think I can, I think I can. And by Jimminie you did it... Never underestimate yourself Rick, if it's broke you Can fix it.

Barry,
That CA glue explosion had me rollin' man. All over everything, that had to be a trip. Tell Tee I said Hi.

JPEE,
My job on the wheel chair ramp, was magnificent if I don't mind to tell ya. Smooth as silk, no bumps or slumps. Dead on my friend. J/K again. You're the best, Jpee.
Hopefully, Jeff Michael will check in with us... I'll bug him once in awhile.
Any word on the Trex 700e yet, just being nosey???

Jay,
What's the latest with you, and the engine pull? Give Rhonda our best..

Later guys and blessings to all,
Dave
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:15 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

Sorry the 5 in 1 board didn't fix your problem. With todays technology, it's rare that a board will go out. Usually, point to another component, and with these brushed motors, that's where my finger would point to first. Or maybe a servo. Depends on the problem of course.

Go get ya some KFC, finger pointing good. Lol!

Love ya Rick,
Dave
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Rick......nice scalers Bud.....any flying vids? Man, I know that intermittant glitch has got to be a bear. Almost seems like it's loosing signal from the TX or Rx for a split second.....but I don't profess to know crap about that stuff.

Dave......that experience left scars my friend....lol Hug Liz and relax and much on some yard bird.

Man, I still feel like I'm tumbling down that mountain .......lol........guess it's flashbacks from my old dirt bike days when a Yamaha 175 chased me into a clump of sand spurs.....LOL....but nothing as spectacular as that vid..!!
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Sep 23, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
What neat and tidy job on the wheelchair ramp OOPS..........

Baughhhhhh...haaaauuuuuuggggghhhhh! You went from a wheeled walker to a wheel chair in a matter of a couple weeks Dave, that's funny stuff there. As far as wheels go, My motorcycle, I drive it into the shed with no problems, my tractor...same. I also have a generator in there that's on wheels as well as the snow blower. I made the steps in such a manner that moving wheeled items is NO problem, but do offer anti-slip in rain or snow.

Looks like I'll order another 4 blade tail rotor, keep this one in a bag for spare parts. I made GOOD progress today on settings and actually hovered this thing out of my hand and it demonstrates decient stability with 4 blades on the main. I dialed the rate down to 50% and put the expo at +50%, it made all the difference in the world in handling. I may back off the rate to 40% and raise the expo to +70%....that might nail it right there.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:30 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Congrats Vic.......yeah I do better even with 2 blades using a "soft" center.....well done Amigo.

I figured Dave might have bought one of Ivan's hot engines for that chair....wheelies would be awesome.........LOL
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Barry,

Speaking of Scars... A few years ago, for some dumb reason I thought I'd count how many scars I have.. Of course, I can't post each incident, that would take pages. But, I stopped at 25 scars... Mostly stupid mistakes... Stupid is as stupid does. LMAO! The big one was from a 7 1/4 inch circular saw. Ouch!
Hugs to Tee..

Vic,
I think were done with the ramp... it's getting old already.. LOL! But fun for a bit. Lol!

Best to ya on the scaler, just chip at it, one problem at a time.

Dave
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:46 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
I must be getting old... can't keep up with all that's happening here!

Rick- 2 MCP's should keep you going for quitwe awhile. The winshield turned out great too! Wish I could offer some insight on the MSR but have no clue.

Vic- That sucks needing a second tail rotor. Spare parts or not that just would drag me down. Stay with it.

Barry- Being chased by a Yamaha sounds like you had an evening you don't want to forget! Sand spurs sound as painful as the hangover must have been! LMAO just kidding you.

Dave- That Jazzy fits you perfect! Medicare IS good for something, eh?! Tell that Jeff Michael to get himself an MCP and hop over here pronto! Where's he living now BTW? Videos of the kids will be coming once soccer season ends. Late October to finish the season and complete the edits. Both boys are having exceptional seasons. Got to order the rink liner soon too... hoping for another cold winter here in the northeast.

Tim- Think the motor is your last option. Either that or you got a bearing binding you up.

Rain is forecast for the next few days so can't really test the new tail out on the MCP. With a larger tail blade I'd expect it to be more solid than the original.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Dave......ouch is right......man, sure wish I would have taken better care of this ol carcus too Buddy.....LOL

Jim.......LOL.......couldn't blame it on a beer or 5 or I would..........just plain lost it....but the worst part was, the kid that was riding with me....just left.....lol.......I hunted for that lil' turdling for a week.....never did find him.........LOL
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Barry,

Yep,,, but we had a lot of fun getting here... and we're still here and going "somewhat strong". LMAO!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Barry- The biggest reason I don't ride; As a kid I was quite accident prone cause nothing scared me. When my parents finally let me get a 50 cc mini bike you just KNEW I'd dump it hard somewhere. It happened more than once, baged up pretty bad sometimes too. From that point on anything bigger was NOT allowed so I staryed away from bikes. Good thing too..... likely be dead by now if I kept riding. Accidents just seemed to find me. Same went for snowmobiles too. Though if we got decent snow amounts here I'd still own one of those.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:35 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I have moved away from the HH throttle and pitch curves for hovering and general flight. And I made up the parameters. The difference is a heli I am confident that will not dump throttle and crash. I am not 100% sold on my new settings, but the heli was far more predictable. And easier to move around in space, if that makes sense

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR