HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:03 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Well my tail problem on the 450 is still there. The tail holds well in rate mode with normal throttle. It holds well in heading hold mode until I go into idle up (90% throttle). The tail seems to "shake" without any logic, meaning it will do it randomly without any stick inputs or with stick inputs. I need to diagnose it but am not looking forward to it.

Jim
As head and tail speed increase, gain usually needs to go down. As head ans tail speed increase, vibrations usually present themselves. Check that you have a smooth tail. Any biding especially in the tail pushrod will cause issues. Try tightening or loosening the tail blades. Check for excessive slop. Check your gyro tape.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:04 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE...I've had that happen a couple times....had to switch to a different model number because of being corrupt. You can clear that model by switching to acro, then back to heli, then re-enter all the parameters...it should take.

9sec240...no applause...just throw money....LMAO. Thanks guy.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:18 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
A flight from today in some serious wind!!!

Part 1

450 Pro Big Loop Practice (3 min 39 sec)

Part 2

450 Pro in heavy wind (1 min 9 sec)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:26 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
You make that look easy.......
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:30 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Hey you really do make that look easy 9sec
That wind was pretty heavy...you could hear it.
I liked the flag shot at the end of part 2.
Jim
Stamp is online now Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:37 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I really enjoy flying in the wind. Now that I am working on big loops, I like it even more. When learning to hover, I used to have epic battles against the wind with my CPP2. I won most of the time. LOL...

Thanks guys...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:27 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
As head and tail speed increase, gain usually needs to go down. As head ans tail speed increase, vibrations usually present themselves. Check that you have a smooth tail. Any biding especially in the tail pushrod will cause issues. Try tightening or loosening the tail blades. Check for excessive slop. Check your gyro tape.
Thanks for the suggestions Ivan, wil get to it on the weekend I think. Funny thing is the first 2 flights this season were good, then without any changes, this came up. It's always something with these helis

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:32 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
Great flying in that wind. Those loops look better than I can do with my planes, nice and smooth.

Jim,
As JPEE said I once had corrupted programming in my 7C. I have no idea how it happened but my percentages were completely wrong so when I hit the idle up switch my gyro would go to rate mode. I found it while checking everything with the motor unpluged I hit the switch and my gyro LED started blinking. I hope it's an easy and quick fix

Hey Vic....
I look pretty dumb so I guess I am smarter than I look

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:33 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
I'm a Chopper pilot, too

I'm sure I had some of you guys guessing as much as I've been flying planes but I just got back from running 3 packs through the T-RexSA. It's like riding a bike Plus the fact I've been playing on the sim as well. It looks as though my batteries are good so now I get to try out the new power supply.
I did a few loops and a few rolls but they didn't look to coordinated

It sure was fun getting some stick time on the Rex, I need to do that more often

I have to post a pic of my new charging set-up Thanks again guys for all of the help, especially Wunk/Jim!

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

Blessings All!

Jay
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Apr 14, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Ivan,
Great flying in that wind. Those loops look better than I can do with my planes, nice and smooth.

Jim,
As JPEE said I once had corrupted programming in my 7C. I have no idea how it happened but my percentages were completely wrong so when I hit the idle up switch my gyro would go to rate mode. I found it while checking everything with the motor unpluged I hit the switch and my gyro LED started blinking. I hope it's an easy and quick fix

Hey Vic....
I look pretty dumb so I guess I am smarter than I look

Blessings,

Jay
Jim, after I saw Jays note, I found alos with his corrupt program, the rate and HH modes were reversed! The dag-gone gyro was working backwards to my toggles and rate inputted!

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:37 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
The programming looks right for my setup for the gyro though things could be messed up for sure. I know it needs more throw in the swash mix as the loop I did the other day was too big for full elevator input! My fear is a problem with the gyro or tail servo. Don't want to dump a bunch of money into it. Guess I'm just dreading the troubleshooting part, just need to motivate myself Thanks for all the suggestions, I got them written down so I have a starting point!

On a brighter note, mounted the power 15 up to the BF 109 this evening. Still need to get a bigger ESC but she fit real nice. Used 2 mounting plates to get good cowl clearance. Looking forward to flying her again.

Jay- Your setup looks great! Job well done! When I first did mine, I powered it up on my electric stove top in case anything burned up! Just knew the top would handle the heat! My bride didn't think it was a good idea at all but there is confidence in my soldering and electronic skills!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:39 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ya bunch of Chatty Kathies... Jeebus..

Jay,

Love the picture of you charging a 3s battery. And you're using the bag of sand over the battery. I remember those different posts. Great safety there pal. Looks are deceiving,, you're a smart cookie, don't under estimate yourself, I keep telling ya that.

JPEE,

YIKES! On the gryo setting getting reversed in the menus, but you know what, that happened to me about 2 months ago or so with my Futaba 7C.
I'm wondering if the save program has a glitch in it, when you power off the TX. I was lucky to say the least to catch it.

Ivan,

In a word, YIKES! That wind would have blown me away. LMAO! Extremely impressive with a 450 in that wind. I'm quessing about 15 to 20 MPH. The flags are a good indicator.

Vic,

That 206 does look good, it doesn't look like you needed any pitch changes, maybe pop the head speed up a tad. 1 or 2 on the pinion. Remember Kip was using a 15T. Wow on that for sure. I'm gonna put a 14T on the 600 tonight.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:49 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jpee,

Forgot to mention... It's a a real PITA when a servo needs changing on the HK 450Pro TT isn't it. You have to tear the whole main frame apart. Not a real great design by any means.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:00 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Jim, after I saw Jays note, I found alos with his corrupt program, the rate and HH modes were reversed! The dag-gone gyro was working backwards to my toggles and rate inputted!

JPEE
JPEE

Thats crazy that it changed by itself, nice that you got it fixed
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Dave, JPEE, and Kyle,
That is what happened on my 7C, all of my numbers had changed from "A" to "N" and I didn't recall doing that, in fact I'm 90% positive I didn't. Through emails with Vic I found the program mess up and changed it and it flew perfectly after that. I wonder if there is a hidden glitch. I messed with my Gyro today and all were "A" so things haven't changed in a year

I think I also had a minor issue with temp change on the gyro. Do temps effect the Fut GY401?

Blessings,

Jay