Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:26 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Barry- Tell Tee congrats on the radio gig. Is it talk or music? Can we listen to her program on line by chance? 3:30 isn't that bad, something to get used to. No wonder some recent posts of yours have been in the early morning!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:31 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Yeah Jim ...thanks, we appreciate that....it's been early alright...LOL.....it's like the old days when we worked at Airevac or when I was driving tractor & dump tailer haulin' coal in TN.........lol,

I'll let ya know when they get the info for streaming live internet......much fun for sure. It's a "new concept" in talk radio....cant' say much right now, but it's pretty cool.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Aug 24, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post

Ivan- Any more runs with the car lately?

Flying the MCP usually 4 batteries a day and having fun. Waiting on the nanotechs to try them out. Think they are on a boat somewhere in the pacific.

Jim
Jim, we are working on sorting out some issues with the car. We did take our Time Attack Evo X out to the drag strip last Thursday. It has been sitting around collecting dust since the end of 2009. I pulled the wing and splitters off off the car, swapped the brakes out for smaller diameter ones that would fit a 15" wheel and put on a set of drag slicks on it. I did not have a two step to launch with and the transmission / clutch did not like high RPM quick shifting. We were hoping to get in the 9s but the shifting and launch issues prevented that. I managed a 10.7 @ 146 MPH.

I have only been flying my mCP X since getting back from IRCHA. I still have some bigger batteries I need to fly down though.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:59 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...I've been trying to think of an analogy for the Innovator. I finally did....."All that glitters is not gold". I'm a little slow, but I did finally nailed what I was looking for in the best way to discribe that thing.

Took the two grand daughters out for lunch today, personal pan pizzia at Pizzia Hut. It was FUN.

Also took the snow blower to the shop. He says he's buried in MOWER work and it'll be a while. LMAO, He could take over a month on it and I wouldn't care as long as it gets fixed right.

Barry...I ordered a "passing light" kit and a police style windshield for the Harley yesterday. I found out after a 40 mile round trip at 55mph, a windshield is not optional, it's mandantory. The passing light kit (or light bar), didn't need it but they make the bike look more cool in my book. Maybe next month saddle bags? When daytime highs dont break 45deg, I'm pulling the fenders, oil and gas tanks, and getting a new paint job. By next spring, it'll look like a show bike.

Windy and stormy....no R/C today I think. Haven't even opened the shed today, no point to that.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:57 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
She'll be awesome Vic......yep, pulling youself into 70 mph wind is no fun Bro....windshield's are a must.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:22 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
To VIC - with a smile !

it actually goes like this :

ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD

said the Monkey

as he was peeing in the moonlight

Jimmy Durante said: EVERYBODY wants to get into the act !
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:25 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Innovator r.i.p.

Hobbico sent me a note the INNOVATOR is not repairable and they offered to replace it with the MINI TITAN scale w / 2.4 in desert colors

I accepted

I will report when it arrives.

I am confused and not sure it I moved ahead or backwards
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
it actually goes like this :

ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD

said the Monkey

as he was peeing in the moonlight

Jimmy Durante said: EVERYBODY wants to get into the act !
LMAO.....I never heard the monkey version.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:56 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Guys,
I finally got a chance to call Horizon today about the mCP x and the servo issue. I explained the issue and asked if he'd ship me a new servo and he said he'd get one out right away. Talk about awesome customer service!

Jim,
There is a early doe season with gun but I don't do that. Archery opens Oct. 1st. I've enjoyed the trail cam photos and even have a 6 point that hangs out in my area and get's his picture taken regularly.

Barry,
Congrats to Tee!

Vic,
Great you had a wonderful time with your Granddaughters!

Rick,
That's great customer service for them to offer you a mini Titan!

I've been on 12hr days since Saturday and I'm pooped! This won't stop for another 2 weeks. The safety representatives mandate one day off after 14 days so there is a break eventually.

Blessings Y'all!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Aug 24, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:33 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Rick- That's super about the mini titan. You should really enjoy it.

Jay- Working in this climate is a good thing! I know you appreciate it while you have it. HH sure knows how to take care of its customers. Glad they did you right.

Vic- The additions to the bike should make it really stand out.

Barry- I'm intrigued now. A big talk show junkie here, from local talk to national.

Ivan- Sorry the last runs didn't go so well. You are meticulous with your work so its just a matter of time till ya get it right.

Had to put getting Phoenix on hold for now. Cracked a tooth last Thursday. Seen the dentist today... needs a crown. 3 visits and $800 Got a temporary crown on it today. Go back on Monday for a mold.

Jim
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:20 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Oh man Jim,
I feel your pain... not exactly... but I dread the dentist more than a doctor. Sorry to hear about the tooth and the bill

God Bless Ya,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:01 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Jay.....thanks Bro.....she is so tickled......shoot, so am I....LOL

Jim.....yes Sir, she told me they will be broadcasting live via internet at the same time as local. When I find out all the info I'll sure let ya know. It supposed to start in a couple of weeks.. Oh man....sorry to hear that.......teeth are no fun when busted.....I've had a mouth full of pain over the years.
I believe Dave said Liz just when through some NO2 last week.

Vic.......enjoy them babies while ya can Partner......man, they just grow up too fast. Yeah, you'll have the Putt looking awesome soon.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I am confused and not sure it I moved ahead or backwards.

Rick...I checked it out and I think you come out ahead of the game....pretty awsome...pricey too.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:26 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
more more MORE !

Still not sure what is coming :

this is it: AH - 1W BLUE 2.4 DESERT

it looks to me to be some kind of coax TOY that looks ridiculous
but I have accepted it, so I will post when it arrives
The Hobbico people are VERY difficult to deal with, the exact
opposite of the Horizon crowd

now ENJOY this very off-topic movie : ( still about flight ! )

Volando entre buitres III/ Soaring with vultures III (12 min 48 sec)

from RICK

will probably go out of site since my daughter and G.baby ( 5 y/o) arrive today for a 3 week stay
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:52 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Oh man Jim,
I feel your pain... not exactly... but I dread the dentist more than a doctor. Sorry to hear about the tooth and the bill

God Bless Ya,

Jay
The dentist visits are no big deal for me. Guess its because I've had so much work done over the years. Heck, I can let him drill without the novacane and it wouldn't bother me. The only part I don't care for is when they shock your roots to see if they are still alive

Barry- Looking forward to hearing Tee when she gets on air. Keep us updated.

Rick- Enjoy the time with the family while they are in. Thanks for sharing the video too.