HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:25 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Tim- On your T-rex. You need to level your swash plate better to get rid of the aielron and elevator trim issues. Set all your control stick to neutral trim and center stick. Arm your heli and look at your swash from the rear. It should be level left to right and front to back. If it's not, adjust your linkages to get it as close as you can be eye.

For your tail issue- I'd bet the tail servo needs to be slid up or down the boom to get your tail blades centered at neutral stick.

Ivan- Will watch the video tonite.

Rick- Thanks for the update on Jer, I even forgot his nick name here.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:35 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim...good thing I bought a spare main motor for the MCX, mine is squalling and has lost a LOT of power....time to change it. I expect it because I've crashed it a LOT, and today it was in wet grass. It's not like I didn't ABUSE it or nuth'in. Rule of thumb...keep it out of wet environments....it cant handle it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:51 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
LOL- to funny Vic. I just busted the skids on mine. Right where the pin goes into the rear frame. Took a soldering iron and an arm from a servo, cut a small piece of the servo arm and melted it around the skid and pin for the frame. That ought to last me for a few more crashes at least

I do put this thing in while trying new things. Haven't had a main motor go but did tear the tail motor wires out of the motor housing. Haven't tried opening it up yet to see if its repairable or not. Contemplating getting a boom/tail motor from the SR120 and see if the bigger tail motor can be fit to the MCP.

Keep having fun boys.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:11 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
All Castle HV ESCs have been recalled. Not just the 120 HV that has gotten so much bad press lately.

RECALL HERE
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:21 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Thanks Jim!! I figured if I said what I was doing I would get a good answer. Of course if I had not figured out how to fly the mCPX I would still be clueless. Just ascared of the 450

I will hold off on the video for now as well.

Tim

Jim, the mod to keep from tearing up the tail motor is to add a bit of shrink tube to it, and then shrink it so that it locks the end cap in place. I can shoot pics if you want. I use this mod for both the mCPX and mSR
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Aug 20, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:56 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Jim,

About LookyJ / Jeremy, I e-mailed him and sent a message via Facebook about a year ago, a couple others have to, and none of got a reply from him. Hope he's doing okay.

Yep, still have the picture of the 19 story drop and a picture of LookyJ at work.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:58 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Great Vid Ivan. That gets your heart racing

I love that chair

Yesterday was my last day of normal hours at work so I took advantage of zero wind. I flew the snot out of my F-16 and even my resurrected 40"Edge 540. I was going to fly the mCP X but I was pooped

Side note~ I flew the Gens Ace 3s 2200 25c's in the F-16 and the power was outstanding compared to my older Thunder Power V2's and Zippy H's. I'm very happy with these batts.

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:59 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Tim,

+1 with what Jim mentioned about the swashplate. By your description, the best thing to do is start all over again, from scratch.. Centering servo arms, the whole shot. Same with tail servo.

Dave
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Ivan,

Great video, it sure gives a great overview of what IRCHA is all about... I recognized the big azz red chair immediately, and LMAO. You were definately kickin' back.

Thanks for sharing the video,
Dave
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:05 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
A couple pictures of progress on our 3 season room. Still a bit to go.. Should be done by Christmas..
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:06 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Looks great Dave!

Blessings!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:20 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Got some flying in before the storm rolled in. Have to pick up some more owens for a few more builds. The little ufo is coming along.. have to pick up some carbon to finish it when i can but it should turn out ok for a flying disc. The 3d foamies seem to work for me with the 46'' wingspan pretty well,not to floaty or to heavy.. enough weight to carry through moves etc pretty good. Probably make some more in that size of different style planes when i can.

GRX 46'' Yakzilla Scratch Built 3D Foamie Trying A Couple Props! (4 min 36 sec)

GRX Park Jet Fun Flying! (3 min 23 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Carbon-Z Scimitar

This looks interesting,like the concept but i'll stick with the owens. Was posted yesterday,looks neat but its not a pattern plane and its not quite what i was looking for in a 3d prop jet. Looking forward to seeing one in person at ihobby though.

Carbon-Z Scimitar BNF & PNP by E-flite (1 min 37 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:53 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Ivan- Great video. Looks like great weather while you were there too. That chair is just too damn funny!

Tim- Glad I could get you started in the right dierction. You'll get it setup right. Just keep asking questions.

Dave- I Knew you'd still have that pictuer of Jeremy. I do hope he is is doing well. Sunroom came out great. Hope you get some use of it before the snow flies.

Real- That Yak is outstanding!

Jay- Hope you still continue to get work now that fall is approaching. But I bet you're already scouting for archery season!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
I'll have to check all the stuff out later guys.......got some bad T Storms on us now. Later
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77