HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Vic,

Your shed is a real winner in my book. Now if I read ya right you have 120vt inside the baby right? And a Sears garage door opener so when you ride the tractor mower up the there, the door just rolls up right? Just kidding ya,
It looks so good I am thinking some Quakers or Mennonites gave you a hand as they are top Craftsmen you know.

Rick,
Glad you your baby squared away. After the heat dies down you out and have some fun.

MEK, Acetone, Toluene, Lacquer Thinner, and the old Testers model glue back in the day makes me wonder how we lived to this age besides as mentioned......... Rock and Roll.

On a helicopter note, I borrowed a 600 Turnigy 6S motor today and flew it my 600 that has the frame mode cut away to fit a monster motor. I have been running a Steve NEU 24 volt motor with pretty go power but it was really heating up my 5000 mAh packs. So after the swap today I found "unbound power" that my 600 has never ever seen. I could do back flip after back flip, three and four in a row, the power is matched to anything "I" have evert flown. After landing we hit everything with the laser temp gun we found the battery and motor at 125 degrees, ESC and it lead wires ambient air 87, it is HOT ovver here in Cali. Then I chill my packs in and ice chest to bring them down for recharging. I was flying 6 minuites in idle-up at 80-100 bothsides of the curve. This motor is really worth 60.00 without a blink.

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Last edited by JPee; Aug 18, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:26 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Oh Buddy....LOL......my downfall was MEK.......I was washing baffling and other parts for years...no gloves, no masks, nobody told us or did anything....LOL...then one day OSHA came boppin in...the boss split and we just stood around looking goofy as he said "..if you even smell it..it's too late..it's in your system.........well hell......no wonder I'm running on one brain cell....lol. I thought the music scene was to blame...LOL

Was that one of your ships Vic???
Same bird, just not from my squadron. This is someones drawing depicting my squadrons markings....
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE....LOL.....the guy who helped me build it looks like a mennonite. No power running to ther shed yet, the painter starts tomorrow. It's a manual door on a spring loaded drum, works good too. I may run power next month and hopefully, the ground will be SOFT. Right now, it's rock hard due to lack of rain. I cant see me trenching through ROCK.

Barry...that MEK/MEKP was some NASTY stuff, lots of hours using the MEKP as an accelerator for the boatmans resin.

Wind is up, it's HOT in the sun but nice in the shade.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
JPee ...you got it Bro...lol

Vic.......awesome bird Buddy....does the AWAC on this ship rotate? God I'm gettin' old. :O)

yeah, that and mercury from high school.....it's wonderful to be fried...LOL

Rick........way to go Partner............I know you can stay in the saddle for a full clock. :O) Feels good, huh.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:24 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Shed looks super Vic! Lots of hard work went into that effort.

Rick- Whoo Hooo finally a good flight for the mcp and you. Hope you kept smiling while flying it.

Tim- you keep getting better and better. Like Barry mentioned, I use a neck stap when flying. I don't really need to hold the TX that way and lets my fingers free for flippping those switches.

Jpee- I can just imagine how big the 600 must be after flying just my mcp for a while. Good you found the right power combo for it.

Barry- Your euphamisims (sp?) crack me up!

Dave-Batteries finally shipped from HK to me. Took a whole week for them to process the order. That is very unlike the last time I ordered from there. Now we will see how long they take to get to me.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
JPee ...you got it Bro...lol

Vic.......awesome bird Buddy....does the AWAC on this ship rotate? God I'm gettin' old. :O)

yeah, that and mercury from high school.....it's wonderful to be fried...LOL

Rick........way to go Partner............I know you can stay in the saddle for a full clock. :O) Feels good, huh.
Barry.....Yep...it rotates and radiates. You dont want to be to close if that thing is turning.

I did the final tuning on the door, I'm fairly pleased with the operation. Tomorrow, it's a little more wood work around the door and getting all the tools out of there.....big clean up. Only three things belong in there:

* riding mower
* snow blower
* Harley Davidson motorcycle
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:54 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Vic.....Oh yes, I heard it could leave one ....numb so to speak....lol That had to be hoot being around.

I'm sure your ready to be done my friend...but it sure looks like it was worth the effort my friend.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim,

Funny on the battery shipments.. I ordered 5 of them, on 8/10/2011, and now shipped on 8/18/2011. I think with them, it's pretty much a crap shoot at best... Maybe timing too, when the boat leaves the docks. Lmao! But the price you can't beat....

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:53 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
General Update:

Didn't do crap today, just wasn't in the mood for the shed, house or 3 season room. Tomorrow is always another day... Oh, didn't get my mCP X parts yet either, bummer.. Hopefully, tomorrow. One just never knows...

Dave
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I tried out my neck strap and put it back in storage Too Short. My internet crashed so I pondered the grommet mod. If I figured it out correctly. here is what I did, full body grommets on the swash and a hlf grommet on the elevator. I have not looked this up. This is from Rick's post. If I got it wrong it is my fault

Did I get it right?

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Dave......How's Liz doing? Stay out of her meds now....LOL

Sorry the strap didn't work Tim.......maybe you can try one that fits better.....it sure helped me a ton.....even carried over into my fixwing flying. Much more relaxed ( if I can..lol) but smoother on the controls which what I strive for. That probably stems from my full scale flying times.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:19 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Tim,

Get a longer neck strap... Hah! The grommet mod is great the way you did it. But, the elevator could be a full gromment.. Either way works great..

Dave
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:24 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Dave......How's Liz doing? Stay out of her meds now....LOL
Liz is doing fine now, after all that drilling at the dentist, for her Crown. I hate going to the dentist, never is a good thing. Mighty prices too.. Lmao! No insurance on this stuff. Yikes! So far, about $1,200. And climbing... Rotf!!!!

Dave
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:32 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Sheesh Dave.....man, have they gone up since I had to go to a dentist. Glad she' doin' better.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:48 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
searching

been looking for answers
but somehow they elude me.

OF THE 2 TYPES OF BLADES ( flat - bullets) WHICH IS THE BEST TO USE ?

remember, I may be considered a low experience / intermediate pilot of this type of heli just at the point of beginning experiments with flips etc etc

if you know, also explain what each type does what ?

thanks RICK

ps been called in to work to reinforce, so will read in the afternoon

RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK