HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Shed Update:

Got the door built for the shed.. Been bouncing between the shed, the house and what Liz calls, the "3 season room". Still waiting for the vinyl fascia and soffit for the house. I had to remove about 240 feet of trim board on the house in preparation for the new soffits. Whew! Gettin' closer...

Couple pics...
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I have the T-Rex out for a PMCS prior to trying it out again. The battery just went ding on the charger. I will try to fly a few packs/batteries through the mCPX, ans I have a Friday or Saturday test for the T-Rex in mind.

I assume one of you guys has tried the "speed" blades on the mCPX. What do they do better?

Rick, when I changed the pushrods on my mSR it felt instantly more stable.

The gears are whirring in my head, I love 1:1 on the mSR, could I switch to 1:1 on the mCPX? Nope, it measures out to be the same, as best as I could get in there.
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:08 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Tim- Forgot to mention you did a great job hovering you mcp. Well done!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:27 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
I haven't tried the bullet blades yet so I can't compare them. I think Vic and Ivan have though. Sure they will chime in soon.

Dave-shed looks great! You'll be wraping up all those outdoor projects just as the snow begins to fly!

Vic- Lucky someone turned in those keys for you. Glad they are back where they belong.

So my other hobby is golf. Not any good at it yet but I sure do enjoy trying. Told the wife I was going golfing today just to play a quick nine hole. She gave me that look as if to say "No you arent buddy ". So I gave her a choice; either I head out to the cousre to play nine holes or I can stay home and play just one.... The sunshine and the walk was rather relaxing And i didn't play too badly either
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:46 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Tim,

The speed blades are much better, more stable and better performance, compared to the bullet blades. You lost me on the 1:1 deal.. 1:1 what?

Jim,

Thanks on the shed. This is turning out to be a much bigger project than I ever thought. But, Hey, whatelse does a retired guy have to do. LMAO! Heck, in Indiana it could snow tomorrow. Years ago, we saw rain, sleet and snow all in one day. One year, it was 65 degrees on Christmas day.

I played golf for about 12 years, never was any good at it. But it was a good time with friends, and the 19th hole. ( I guess you told her, 9 holes or one, does the couch sleep nice?)
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:54 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Couch IS rather comfy

I hit some good shots and some bad shots. Don't take it seriously, just a way to get some "me"time. Only have one friend that golfs and he has a young child too. We are lucky if we get out twice a year together. Usually play alone or sometimes hook up with someone else just heading out on the course.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim,

Liz picked out "my" couch. I really don't get to much "me" time anymore.
The youngest daughter and grandson are living with us. (She's divorced, stuff happens)

Is it Phoenex yet? Or was it a golf day?

Oh, I'm great with my iron shots, and pretty good at putting.. My down fall is the drivers off the tee. I totally suck at it.. I just had to guess where it's going, slice or hook, never knew.

Dave
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:15 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
It was a golf day. Maybe Friday for Phoenix.

I'll bet you enjoy having your duaghter and grandson home with ya. May not be under the best of circumstances but family does come first.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:15 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim,

You know me to well, family is always first. It's been 4 years now, since the daughter and the grandson moved in. He's got ADHD, and on medication.. Not always the best to be around.
The daughter is currently taking college courses, and should be completed in the next year or so. Then it's time for her to move on...

My mCP X parts didn't arrive today, so that's a bummer. I did do, a couple packs with the 450 out side in the back yard to keep the fingers moving though. Just orientation, backyard is to small for anything else.

Dave
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:39 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Just saw this on another thread:

Long story short, those Japanese phillips head screws / srews , are a different standard than the USA screws / srews. See attached thingie.. That's why they strip out so easily.. Guess we need to buy JIS srew drivers.. Similar to years ago, when they tried to go all metric in this country.. Now everyone needs 2 sets of tools, metric and SAE. Ooops! Now JSI srew drivers.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:46 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
^^^
Yeah, go figure.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:53 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
First class Dave...........looking real good Bud. I'll bet you got one happy woman there...lol

Thanks for the info on the different bits too....yep, guess I'll be scrounging some up as well.

LOL.....so you gotta little slice too......Teena said if I could ever straighten out the drive...it'd go a few hundred yards....lol....sure scared many a perched bird in the trees...!!
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
^^^
Yeah, go figure.
Stamper,

I just knew you were snoopin'... Been grillin' out lately?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:28 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
First class Dave...........looking real good Bud. I'll bet you got one happy woman there...lol

Thanks for the info on the different bits too....yep, guess I'll be scrounging some up as well.

LOL.....so you gotta little slice too......Teena said if I could ever straighten out the drive...it'd go a few hundred yards....lol....sure scared many a perched bird in the trees...!!
Barry,

Thanks and thanks again. The woman (Liz) isn't a happy camper tonight at all, she's in process of getting a crown on one of her teeth.. Lots O drilling and all today. Couch for me tonight, Ha!

Here ya go on the JIS (Japanese Industrial standard) screw drivers. I just may have to get some of these puppies. Who would have thought?
http://centralhobbies.com/tools/jis.html

Oh yeah, slices, hooks and all. I think I may have damaged many trees in my short career. Lol!

Almost time, gotta take out the garbage first.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Dave...been on vaca/ honeymoon.
Reality is sooo far away...still
Greece is great
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp