HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:29 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Nasa racing has decided to bring the Championships back to Mid-Ohio this year. Unfortunately I cant go this year I will be in Connecticut for training. But if any racing fans want to see some good competitive semi-pro and amateur racing its a great time.
http://nasachampionships.com/home.html
From the website you linked.

That is one of the cars we sponsor.

We also have racers in SCCA. Marty Grand won SCCA T2 National Championship last year.

9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Dave.......LOL.......don't drop any popcorn in that rack.....Liz will have a fit Bro.....LOL
Ya'll have a large evening.

Ivan......that's too cool being a sponsors.......sweet pics huh......man I loved sport car racing. We got to do Daytona, Sebring, and Road Atlanta.......great memories.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:37 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Apparently I dropped my keys in the Wal-Mart parking lot. My wife and I thought MAYBE, so we called. Yup, my keys were there and I just got them home. Well, when the new ones I ordered come in, I'll have 3 keys for the bike. But for now, I'm back in the bike business.....yeeeeeehawwwwwww.

Barry....I'd like to drop one of those big MO whitetails on a hunting trip...LOL. You should see the whitetail deer in the Shelby county area near the former Naval Air Station Memphis......I think my dog is bigger than their deer.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:15 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Vic.....man, glad ya found the keys....that's a pain.

LOL.....Oh yeah, when I lived in FL the deer were tiny......but you could come over and stand in my back yard and probably take all the Large Bambi's ya need. We have some nice , big , deer Buddy.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:31 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
todays aganda....more work than hours in a day. Finish mowing the back yard, MABYE get the trailer light wiring done, hang a roll up door in my shed.....definately fire the bike up today since I have the keys. R/C.....not today, wind is really up right now.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:41 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
MAINTENANCE CP X question

Now that I have figured out just how to improve the mCP X I've sent off for some of the basic supplies like grommets, blades. extra white gear etc which should be here before the week ends.
I understood how to do the grommet improvement and will do it.
My question : (probably for IVAN) just how important is the "longer boom" improvement necessary ?... I know that it helps in not losing the tail effect in a blowout.....
how hard is that change to do ?
I went looking in Ebay and there was one place that actually sells the longer rod for the mCP X, but recently the ad has dissapeared.
Is it enough to have the grommet mod without the longer boom? and STILL get the mCPX to fly as it should?

after all I will never be able to do VERY complicated stunts with it

RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Rick- with proper collective management, the tail mod is not necessary IMO except under extreme 3D. Ihave finally learned to "time" pitch changes and haven't lost the tail in a flip or roll in quite some time.

That said, if you still wish to do the mod it is pretty straight forward. All you need is 2mm CF rod and a good cutting tool like a dremel. Cut the rod to length desired (5 3/8" is what I'm using). Then sand a small "flat" on both ends (parallel to each other) to accept the tail motor holder and to be able to insert it into the frame. When you remove the old boom (it pulls out from the frame and holder with a little effort) you will see the "flats" on it and can mimic that on the new boom. Wrap the tail motor wired around the new boom and you are set to go.

Hope the explination without pictures makes sense.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:19 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
Good response

AND i THANK YOU FOR IT J.W.
I was beginning to think that way on my own.
When the HH parts arrive I will apply the grommet fix (which from my experiences in the past flights) is quite necessary.
I think I have discovered a BIG ERROR in the manual of the 120SR....check me out and say if you agree with me:
quoting from the manual :
" to achieve a more aggressive setup, pop off the lower rotor head links and move them onto the longer set of inner swashplate control balls "
unquote

It is my opinion that this expresses the OPPOSITE of what actually happens. Isn't it a fact that if the attachment gets closer to the center of movement the sensitivity actually INCREASES ? ... [ therefore reversing THEIR advise ? ]
or am I getting really senile ?

RICK
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,
Here's a video of the advance swashplate settings.. The longer set of control balls are in direct line with the grips, where as the shorter set of control balls are at an angle. So, it must be the "angle of the dangle" effect.

Dave
Blade 120 SR Heli Advanced Swash Plate Setup and Maiden Flight (9 min 1 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:55 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
LOL...........roger on the angle of the dangle...!!!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
LOL...........roger on the angle of the dangle...!!!
I like to use Technical terms.. Lol
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
LOL....like.... muffler bearing, a frabits, or rotor wash.....all technical heli stuff....lol
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
The longer pegs cerrtainly make the mSR handle more aggressively. The only mods I have on my mCPX are a piece of shrink tube on the tail rotor mootor, to keep the motor from breaking on impact and a small zip tie on the tail wing for the same problem. I don't have an LHS anymore, so parts have to come from AMain in Chico.
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
followed suite

going against my grain of thought, moved to the outers and the 120 flies consistently well.
I still think that the INNER conex should yield MORE movement. Go figure ? !

anyway, it is 106F outside and just stepping out into the yard is like being BOILED alive !
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:36 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

In the video I posted.. If you look at time frame 4:14, you'll see the link on the shorter ball, at time frame 5:05, the link is on the longer ball. (You have to think in miniature now.)

When the link is on the shorter ball, the link is at an angle like this "\", when on the longer ball it's vertical like this "|". By moving it to the longer ball, in essence, what's happening are that the links just got longer and giving more pitch to the blades, hence, making it a bit more aggressive.

"| \" They're both the same length, but the angled one looks shorter. Try it with a couple of toothpicks.