SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:06 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Kyle...your truck is a FORD, just re-branded...LOL.
That's just wrong!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:08 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Ivan

I am thinking of trying to go to IRCHA next year. Won't know for sure till its closer. Also thinking of getting my AMA for it.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:10 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
That's just wrong!

I had to go there...........
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:14 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Nasa racing has decided to bring the Championships back to Mid-Ohio this year. Unfortunately I cant go this year I will be in Connecticut for training. But if any racing fans want to see some good competitive semi-pro and amateur racing its a great time.
http://nasachampionships.com/home.html
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:21 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Jim and Ivan,

Thanks for the tips for cleaning the servo. I'll be using contact cleaner, which I have. The only alchy I have is in a box of "Wine". Lol!

Tim,

Great job with the mCP X, I like your back yard too. You dog, looks like our dogs brother. Lol! She tips in, at about 110 pounds.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Sweet Vic........my ol' Browning is like a favorite pair of jeans..........been around awhile....shoot I could knock a gnat off a plate of grits at 30 yds with her........lol.....and Tee's a better shot than I am. :O0

Dave......the ol Box O Wine....lol.....man, it's good stuff I dont care what anybody says....LOL Are you sure that's your dog....sure looks a lot like Tim's....lol
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:26 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
The way I trained myself with the mCPX was to get my trims to an expo rate of 8 and I used training gear. I did that for awhile and then pulled it out and brought my expo to 20 and discovered I had rewired my hand eye coordination.

I have the bigger battery for the Rex, I have more confidence as well. I set my Rex controls up the same as the mCPX, so it is just time to go try.

Thanks again,

Tim

Red seems to have found some fans. He is the only Bi-Polar dog I have ever met. He is a sweet heart and then he is over you and wanders off. He's a rescue,we found him when we were going to shooting several years ago. He was shoved out of a van freshly washed. We came around the corner and found him. We think from his behaviour that he was mistreated by the male half. He trusts women much more than men.
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Aug 16, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:32 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Jpee,a bit late but ive been using that 3m brand plastic velcro for years. Out here its widely available at home centers and elsewhere. I forget where i posted about it when i started using it for rc applications but others have used it and like it to. If mounting to metal i usually wipe down the surface with rubbing alcohol and add some welders to the adhesive pad for a really strong bond but the adhesive on it holds pretty well to plastics on its own. With balsa for planes i add ca to secure it,good for when you know youll be trying different equipment like receivers etc. I also like the duck brand double sided tape.. much less expensive than the hobby grade stuff and has good shock absorption do to its thickness. The scotch stuff was $2.89 for the package you see in the pic(four 1''x3'' strips),The double sided tape was $2.98 for a 1''x60'' roll when i picked up more a few weeks ago.

Been wanting to make a nightflyer ufo for a while,no idea how its gonna fly but i'll make it fly and start learning from there.. I think its gonna be a bit different than the deltas ive been trying and they have there own learning curve as well but there both different than the typical 3d planes i cut out that i have a much better grasp of. Just a mock up and i'll probably make a cabin from foam with windows or something but the plane canopy looks ok for now but i want to save it for possible use on a bigger park jet. If i get it flying and its halfway decent in the air i'll throw on a couple sets of cheap lights and maybe order more and make a larger one but this first one is ok size for now.
Get Real,

THANKS that is good to know. As you said it is a bit late but... the few I ordered might not be enough to make some of my present conversions from regular Velcro and if I need more for like my 700 when it arrives now I know where to get it here at home and for the CHEAP compaired to what I paid. I don't regret my past order. I am just glad to you guys came through and I able to get the product now. Thanks again!

Dave, how weird is that about Hostess and the Wine and where they were made. You know alot about everything, I am jealous of you, really

John
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Last edited by JPee; Aug 16, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:22 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Kyle......man that would be a hoot. I'm just too far away and too broke...lol. If I'm thinking right, it's kinda like the SCCA stuff I used to do waaaay back when. Three of us went in together back in 64, and bought a 62 MGB....put her into SCCA specs and had a ball for two seasons. Best thing I took away from it was I learned my limits....great teacher....and I've use some of those skills staying alive out here in the streets to this day.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:40 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Barry

It is similar in some ways. In NASA we race in the spec Miata class, so friends are in the unlimited class which is awesome!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Been mowing...all that rain a few days ago. I did get the MCPx out this morning, one flight, nothing fancy. Wind has been very light to non-existant all day. I didn't feel like flying with all the work I'm trying to get done.

Barry...I always thought I'd like a CZ or browning, just never did it. This P85 is fine tho, built like a tank and good accuracy. My baby is a 1911A1 built to WWII specs, I built it myself. I hand lapped all the bearing surfaces, and made sure all lock up lugs were mating properly. I also tuned the trigger pull, and I can generally keep a 1" group at 25yds, most shots touching each other. USGI specs are 6" at 25yds, I got that beat by a mile.

Lost my ONE and ONLY ignition key to the bike, I think Leia got it but I'm not 100% sure. Headed out to the HD dealer, ordered 2 new keys from the factory....3 to 5 business day wait, unbelieveable. Wisconsin is about a 10hour drive from here. Anyway....I got a nice yard ornament for the time being.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Too cool Kyle.....I'm sure I'd love it. I always thought the Miata was a "modern MGB" anyway....great car even in street stock dress.

Vic....awesome Bud.....man, I sure like to smell some gun powder with ya'll some day.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
mCPX servo:

I cleaned the elevator servo just a bit ago, and bench tested it. YIKES, just like brand new.
All ya need to do, to test it, is plug 'er into the 3n1 board, any servo slot. TX on, then the 1S battery to the 3n1 board.

As Jim mentioned, magnetize your screw driver first, helps heeps. All in all, it went great, just everything is so darn small.

Ivan, you hit the nail on the head again, suggesting to clean the servo board. I did use a Q-tip, and man was the Q-tip filthy when I finished.

One down, two to go... (parts should be here tomorrow)
Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; Aug 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:08 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Dave......Well done Amigo......I'm afraid I'd be cross eyed trying to work on stuff that small...it'd be like trying to change diapers on a gnat ....LOL......course they do make nice lighted magnifying glasses.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Barry,

So far, I don't need the lighted magnifying glass, but I do require more light.. Funny how that works getting OLD. Lol.. I hate gnats, they just bug me to death.

Time for popcorn and hit the crib,
Dave