Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Vic.......never thought I'd live this long Bro.......................but I guess I'm starting to fit the mold................watching tv crap like "The Lays Of Our Dives" and "The Rest Of The Youngless".......LOL

Rick.....you sure have a great "crew" to help out...LOL. Here's my best crew member Tink in her "glamor shot"....lol Oh. she's such good help....LOL
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Aug 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:52 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle...your truck is a FORD, just re-branded...LOL.

Barry...if any of us thought for a minuet that we weren't bullet proof early in life or that we'd even live this long, we'd have taken better care of ourselves. I guess when you're young, you dont think about much beyond using "Mr. Happy" and having fun. Rick STILL is in "Mr. Happy" mode, he never grew out of it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:44 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Vic.......ahahahaha........yeah, wish I was back there myself....lol..... I envy him.........too many years of sex, drugs, and rock & roll for this ol' dog.........LOL
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
HA HA HA

I just HAD to verify myself, to see that maybe senility is creeping in. WHY am I crashing the CP X and saying it ain't my fault ?
So I run the SR 120 out in the back for 5 BATTERIES..( see pic )
Did everything with it, no flips or inverted of course, without a single glitch or mistake. Evidently I still can DO helicopters !!!!!

BUT, this darn mCP X just refuses.....

I think at 11 I will go to the LHS and buy a new one, just to compare

Hi Barrick. The 120 has a 45 degree self stabilizing flybar so it's only small step up in skill from a coaxial. The MCPX is a traditional CP like all the other larger CP helis you own so you can't compare the two at all. I think maybe the small size and speed at which the MCPX can move may be the challenge for you since I know you have and fly much bigger CP birds.

Good luck and you will get it with some time and some space. Don't try and fly it indoors at first if that's what you are doing. I wouldn't buy another one......the result is just going to be the same. I can't remember if you have any Spektrum gear but try and change your cyclic servo travel to only 50% rates for now and see if that calms her down a bit until you can get used to it.

Also make sure the main gear isn't slipping down on the main shaft when you have your crashes. It's designed to do so and happens most of the time. You have to snap the gear down hard until you hear a click or else the heli will fly terribly if at all with vibrations, bad tracking and very little pitch.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:27 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Proud moment

for all those who have worked up the mCP X this is not a big deal

for me IT's A VERY BIG DEAL : I have dissasembled the mCP X, torn the whole shaft assembly down, got the ballbearing out of the swash, then re-instated the whole thing again, tried connecting the bones to the INNER connections for a better response on the cyclic.....
and when I took it out for a trial run IT WORKED REALLY WELL... !

I was convincing myself that my eyes were not capable of seeing this small item, that the bones would be impossible to handle and connect...etc etc yada yada.

this means that now I can do the GROMMET fix on my own....(maybe the Xtended boom not yet !...and try it out.....
Maybe I've been UNDERRAATING my own capabilities for too long....! and my eyes actually can see MORE than I thought they do....
HAPPY DAY ...... yes : Mr. VIC; Mr. Happy is doing it JUST FINE

IN ACTUAL FACT: the heli is grounded because one of the connectors in the cyclic broke in half..... I looked all around for the OEM envelope with the replacements and cannot find it..... tomorrow : LHS for more

see the fallen blade in the pic and maybe even can see the dogbone broken in half.....no big deal, straight replacement
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Aug 12, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...good going. I couldn't really get a good picture in my head because being really tired, feeling BAD. I was in the middle of finishing up putting shingles on one side the shed. I had to re tar-paper nearly the whole roof cause the wind ripped it off before we put shingles on, so I was whooped. Hopefully, I finish the roof tomorrow so I can get the roll up door installed. Got to be painted too, but I got that hired out.....I hate painting. I can do it, and do it well, but I dont LIKE it. Just like drywall, I can do it but I dont like it (LOL....JAY).
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:09 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Rick- We've been telling you all along you are more capable than you think! Job well done. Hopefully you can get some flying in after getting the new dog bone on.

Vic- Don't ya despise having to do the same job twice??!! Good it was only the paper though.

Been flying 4 batts a day through the mcp and having a ball with it. Think it's time to replace the fame though cause with the one broken canopy rod the canopy realls has the shakes,

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Rick- We've been telling you all along you are more capable than you think! Job well done. Hopefully you can get some flying in after getting the new dog bone on.

Vic- Don't ya despise having to do the same job twice??!! Good it was only the paper though.

Been flying 4 batts a day through the mcp and having a ball with it. Think it's time to replace the fame though cause with the one broken canopy rod the canopy realls has the shakes,

Jim
Had I simply nailed furring strips on the seams of the tar paper to hold it till I put shingles on, I wouldn't have had to do it twice. That was really stupid, and I KNEW better....seen them put holding strips on houses when I was a kid.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:30 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,
Atta boy there pal.. As Jim mentioned, we've been telling you for a few years you had it in you. Congrats on the repairs and a happy flight.

Jim,
Get your batteries ordered yet? Yep, if your canopy is loose because of the broken canopy rod, those small vibrations get amplified. I've got on set of stock 3D blades that are out of balance and the whole heli shakes like a crazy man.

Shed Door is on hold, I'm having some custom hinges made for the door. It's a beefy sucker, guessing about 40 pounds or so.

I ordered the fasica and vinyl soffits for the house, that should be in about a week. Then get the gutter boys out, and it'll be a done deal.

Off to put a few packs through the mCP X.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Jim,
Get your batteries ordered yet? Yep, if your canopy is loose because of the broken canopy rod, those small vibrations get amplified. I've got on set of stock 3D blades that are out of balance and the whole heli shakes like a crazy man.
Yep, orderded them a little while ago. Just ordered 3 and I also got 2 Zippy 2200 25C batteries for the 450 while I was there.

Between you and Vic ya ought to start a shed building business! Heck your sheds are going to be nicer than my house pretty soon
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:43 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Jim.......I'd say they qualify for the "Bob the Builder" medal....lol Man, I wish I could be building one. Soon we pray soon...!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Long as Wendy is in charge they should be OK! I swear that Wendy has the hots for Bob but they never did develop THAT story line

Seen this over at heli freak. I just may try it. Download template, print out and you are good to go.

Jim

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=288157
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:04 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Thanks Jim......very cool. I bet I could try that on my Nano...just play with sizing a bit...!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:10 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
The mCP is a very responsive CP. As Xrayted mentioned, lower your rates. When I started on the mCP, (my first CP) I dialed it down to 30% rates +20% expo until I got used to it. The 120SR (in my opinion) is a breeze to fly compared to the mCP X, simply no comparison. I actually bought the 120SR after the mCP, since I liked the mSR so much.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:10 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for the link on paper canopies for the mCP X. I thought I'd give it a try and it came out pretty darn good. I used high gloss photo paper.

Here's a couple tips though, before you cut it out.. Take a large sewing needle, and punch the holes for the canopy arms. Flip it over to the back side, and put a couple strips of vinyl electrical tape over the holes. One strip to cover both holes. Then take the sewing needle again, and punch through the vinyl tape. If you don't use the tape, the canopy tears really easily.

Took a test flight with it and didn't notice any difference in flight characteristics.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule