HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:03 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Ivan

If have problems I'm only 2hours away from Muncie!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Last edited by Oracus; Aug 11, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,225 Posts
Kyle- How's the new job and truck going for ya?
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Jim

Its goin pretty good! We have posted one of our vacant maintenance positions and hope to fill it in 2 weeks. The truck is great I'm averaging 18mpg as most of my driving is hiway.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:45 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
What did ya get Kyle?
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
4 Posts
complete guide for heli hobby
Logicb0x is offline Find More Posts by Logicb0x
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:13 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,906 Posts
Been busy with foam,it was worth it though.. not only do i like the way it flys.. I actually flew in calm air today.. VERY RARE! Im almost thinking about making another big 3d foamie but i'll stick to the plan and use the gear from the stryker for a bigger park jet.. strykers fine but for sale minus esc and outrunner,like the idea of a park jet i can wizz around with at less than 100mph better but in smaller areas the stryker was fun and different and a break from another 3d plane.

Hey IVAN... You made it on radio control show coverage of rcx,well you at the demo flight line outside but they didnt get your heli in the shot.

GRX 46'' Yakzilla 3D Foamie Scratch Build Maiden! (3 min 32 sec)

RCX Chicago 2011 Highlights (3 min 17 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:39 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Barry

I got a 2010 Nissan Titan SE CC 4x4. It is in excellent shape and when I picked it up only had 16.500 miles on it. We are actually taking a day trip today in it to Holiday World in southern Indiana.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:24 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Nice ride Kyle. Yes Sir, finding one thas been taken care of is the way to go. Thanks for the pics and you all enjoy it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
Hatred confirmed !

for some supernatural reason the mCPX must hate me !

came back "repaired" they said, with notice that it is no longer under warranty since it was returned 3 times. None of the breaks was my fault.
This morning, I got one more " one minute flight"
and while coming around from the noseIN position the heli dropped onto high grass. When I went to look for it I found the whole axle had come off, the main gear had separated and there's no evidence of anything that actually holds the gear onto the shaft.....
It seems there's some kind of CURSE for my using the mCPX ... this is very strange and odd because I have ALL my helicopters from way way back, they all work supremely well and give me no troubles.
Now I have a decision to make. I visualized buying a second one and asking IVAN to set them up with the grommet/tailtube mod.
I don't think I want to continue this.......I may have been under a Sicilian curse, or something.....
Truly with this CP X I have not gotten anything more than 1 or 2 minute flights plus a whole lot of $$$$ in postage......
RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:32 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Geese Rick........man, sorry to hear that Bud. Not sure what I could say, but it's almost like a "Friday afternoon car" from a factory.......a real lemon in the making. I can only relate to my big Vario Benzin trainer when the blade grip failed. I asked Vario if they'd had any problem like this....and of course ..no, they never have....so...I just sucked it up since the ship was a complete total...other wise I would have at least rebuilt it. And the money they want for another was waaaaay outta my price range.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:34 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
SENILITY ? ALZHEIMER's ? OLD AGE ?

HA HA HA

I just HAD to verify myself, to see that maybe senility is creeping in. WHY am I crashing the CP X and saying it ain't my fault ?
So I run the SR 120 out in the back for 5 BATTERIES..( see pic )
Did everything with it, no flips or inverted of course, without a single glitch or mistake. Evidently I still can DO helicopters !!!!!

BUT, this darn mCP X just refuses.....

I think at 11 I will go to the LHS and buy a new one, just to compare

Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
ALZHEIMER's? SENILITY ?

I needed to reassure myself that I am not in a decline and MAYBE smashing up the mCP X through some disability.
So I just went out and ran 5 batteries through the SR 120.......see pic after the flights !
I did all I can do with it....no flips or inverted flight, of course...
the heli just sailed through perfectly.
Which means that it must NOT BE ME who is crashing the mCP X !!!

I think at 11 am will go to pick another CPX from the LHS just to prove to myself that it can be done....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:22 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
LOL......all will be ok my friend.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:34 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
No incapacity here !

for EXTRA assurance I took out the SR, run it on STUNT, and only because the backyard is limited did nothing other than piros , nosein, etc.
The flight went very well indeed.( pic after the flight !
So I am definitely guessing the CP X has a curse on it !

after the flight JACK and BEAU got together and they agree with me:
the OLDDE PHARTTE...............can still fly a heli ....
PRICELESS such re-assurance !!!!!!!!

RICK......
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...it looks like the main shaft split, probibily was split from an earlier incident and nobody caught it. The main gear is friction locked and the shaft is "D" shaped, the hole in the main gear is cut accordingly so it doesn't spin on the shaft. Because everything is so small, you'd need a 20x magnifier to see that stuff BEFORE it causes problems. I'm GLAD you posted, I was getting ready to CALL you to see if you were OK. Gotta watch out for our seniors like you and Barry......LMAO.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn