HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:14 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,644 Posts
Dave......good multi tasking Bro. Is it pretty close to real flight?
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:20 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
All this BROKEN stuff keeps a guy BUSY. I might haul it up to the shop and tell 'em to FIX it, haven't decided yet. I get the bottom plate and the belt cover off, might be an easy fix. Had some experience working on my brother in law's machine, but WINTER is NOT the time to be fixing them. I get it done now, no problems when there's 20" of snow in the driveway later. My to do list is over whelming me right now. Would be nice if crap slowed down a little.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:25 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim...Forgot, Liz's toe is doing a lot better. All the black and blue brusing is gone. Still touchy though, blankets in bed on her toe still hurts. She's a tough gal, she unloaded Semi-trailers at J.C. Penneys for years, I'm sure she could kick my butt.

Barry.... Multi-tasking,,, not bad for an OLD guy. Lol! Hey, you need to start budgeting your time better there, Amigo / Dude. 70% for Teena, 20% for chores, and 10% for you.. Hmmm, that is just 6 minutes... LMAO! Don't forget to take out the garbage! I know, I'm a little whack-o. Take care, Love you guys.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:29 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,644 Posts
LOL.......your math is good Bro.....glad to hear that toe is healing so she can "adjust" things as needed...;;;..love you guys too.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Dave- Great pics of Phoenix, Thanks. I'm leaning that way for many reasons, mostly though because Parkzone and E-flite models are included. These are the birds I'm flying lately so it makes sense. For $130 it's a pretty good deal.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:57 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Vic- I got a John Deere lawn tractor that needs a new head gasket. Looks like a pain to get to. The more I age, the more I realize some jobs are just best done by some else.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:34 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Fellow mCP X fliers... I got a chance to evaluate the KBDD main blades and have to say that I prefer the stock 3D blades. The KBDD seem flip a little quicker but collective pop is drastically reduced. I also think the KBDDs use more power which will reduce flight times.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:53 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Ivan. BTW where did you get your nanotechs from? Thinking it's time for more batteries for the mcp.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:59 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
The Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries are in stock at Hobby King. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17808 They are $4.99 each and you can get five of them shipped for $2.99.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

Funny you should mention the KBDD blades, I did exactly the same thing, put the stock 3D blades back on and like them better... Also, I took off my CNC blade grips and put the stock ones back on. I like them better too.

Thanks for the site on the nano batteries,,, I just ordered 5. Lol!

Jim,

Don't hesitate to order those nano batteries, they'll be out of stock in a few days, if not sooner. Folks hover over deals like this.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:59 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Kyle,
I didn't forget about you and the pool table. I checked on google maps, you're about 85 miles away, give or take. With the price of gas today, I'm guessing somewhere between $30 and $40, round trip in gas alone. Plus, you'd need a couple hefty guys to get it out of the basement.
Plus, it's an old table, I've had it for 15 years or so, and bought it used. It's not in the best of shape at all. On the flip side, if you, or any of your friends want it, it's FREE, just haul the sucker away. LMAO! Ah, no guarantee's either. Enter at your own risk...
See attached pics. Balls, rack and 1/2 dozen cue sticks included. Personally, I'd pass on the deal....
Dave
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:09 AM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
No problem Dave. The Nano-Tech batteries are great. They weigh a bit more than stock due to added capacity (300mAh)but have more pop and longer flight times. I can fly mine a full minute longer than the stock batteries.

I am packing up and getting ready to head out to IRCHA. Hopefully the trip only take 5 hours this year. Last year the car battery swelled up and puked acid and stopped working at a rest stop on I-65. I had to ditch the battery, get a jump start and drive around without killing the motor till I found an auto parts store. That sucked.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:12 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,644 Posts
Ivan......rock and roll Bro.....enjoy IRCHA.....and get some pics if ya can. Man, I hate car stuff like that.. hope you don't have any problems this time.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Have a great trip Ivan. Don't forget pictures.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Vic- I got a John Deere lawn tractor that needs a new head gasket. Looks like a pain to get to. The more I age, the more I realize some jobs are just best done by some else.
Jim...there's a lot of stuff I would tackle 10 years ago that I won't touch now. Head gaskets. it's a matter of having the time more than the actual labor. If you're putting in long hours in your job, no, I wouldn't do it either. That snow blower I picked up, I put 30 minuets into a carb clean, it runs great. Now, the shifter linkage for the drive gears needs fixed. Considering it's an 80's Gilson and built like a tank and I got time to mess with it. Odds are, the mechanics are bent or mis-aligned from years of use and actually would be an easy fix. For $200, I'll do the messing with it because a new one this size is about $800 (8hp by 26" wide throat dual stage). It'll take about a 1/2 day of messing with it, it'll be fine. Someone just didn't want to do the up keep, and dumped it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn