SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Jim (Wnuk), awesome video. Glad you are loving your mCP X. I still have not flown anything but mine recently. I will be tomorrow though. Flying at RCX. Should be a good time. I will get pics and hopefully some video.

Vic... WOW.. I can't imagine -10 on expo. I fly the recommended +30% just like Jim.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:21 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Vic- I am at +30. If you go negative (or at zero) you get more response at center stick. You need to go positive to get it less sensitive near center. At least that's been my understanding of expo all along. I may be wrong though. But hey.. it's working for me

Jim
Just waiting for batteries to charge, gonna do some serious adjusting to see what I can pull. Yes, negative numbers makes it faster to respond. What I'm shooting for is a more like 450 response out of the controls and stability as well. Ivan has found the right settings for sure....we need to get where he's at. I notice my main gear starting to show signs of wear through abuse, I think I'll order a couple new ones and a new main motor as well as small head parts....just in case.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:34 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
I see what your aiming for yet try to look at it a little differently. This isn't a 450. It's so much smaller and super responsive to small inputs.

I've stuffed mine a LOT make no mistake about it. The damages so far have been a busted canopy rod, landing skids, and a slipping main gear. CA'ed the main gear, didn't fix the canopy mount (do have a spare frame waiting though), and replaced the landing skids. I had it come down inverted in idle up and have seen zero damage to any head parts. Have a main gear and several dog bones as spare parts too. Plan on cleaning the servo's this weekend if I get a chance.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:45 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Wnuk,

Glad the mCP X got your spirits rolling again.. Your video was great, on my sound system it sound like there were flys or something close to your recorder, or maybe just the tail motor sound. Don't know for sure.

To All,
Been really busy with outdoor projects and stuff, only time I get to putter with the mCP X is at night in the basement. I have a lot of small mishaps and nothing has broken, but my skids pop off every time. Kind of little pain, but this is a super fun heli.

On the Expo settings, it gets me confused some times on whether it's a plus or minus setting. Because the DX series and Futaba systems are opposite.
Plus is minus and minus is plus. To much stuff to remember, for sure.

Barry,

In two days or so, the corn is gonna be ready. Lmao! Yum-mie. Ha, ha!
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:08 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Off Topic Stuff

House Roof
Getting / got a new roof shingles on the house today. Picture of, in progress, but nothing when completed. I'll get one tomorrow. The contractor is doing the shed too, Liz wanted the house and shed to match. She's a great designer and color co-ordinator.. I'm pretty much color stupid.

Inkjet cartridge refil kit:
I've got a HP Officejet 6500a, 4-in1 jobber and thought I'd try a color cartridge refill thingie, works great. Not TOO messy and the photo printouts are as good as the OEM cartridges.

Shelf Units:

Got these at Menards. They have a deal right now with ANY purchase, an 11% rebate. Also, to add to the mix, there was a $7 rebate on the shelf units I purchased. It's was like, buy 2, get 1 free. I bought 12 of them, for the garage and shed. To replace old steel units, that were bent and rusted pretty badly, probably 15 to 20 years old. Lol! Oh, forgot to tell ya, they inter-lock from one unit to the other. Pretty neat feature. Comes in grey too.

Blessings to all,
Dave
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:20 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Dave, I love the look of your home. All brick baby!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I tried the white blades, Dave is right in that it is more stable. My roof and siding jobs are done, I'll post pics tomorrow. Also got the finishing touches on the bike today. Other than a paint job, it's where it's gonna be.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:37 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Dave.......corn, corn, and more corn....yum yum.....sure would enjoy that Bud. Tee say I'm color stupid too....lol.....hey, have the girls been talkin'...?? That's all gonna look sweet.

Vic......gotta have pics Bro.

Guys, have a large weekend.....we've got "Short Round" all day tomorrow......so I'll poke in when I can.
Later.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:39 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Dave, I love the look of your home. All brick baby!!
Ivan,

Thanks on the house. Not only brick, but we're also having new gutters installed, and the fascia, and soffits done in vinyl. Our goal is a maintenance free exterior.. Just a power wash once in a while. Being 80yo don't help.
Actually, I hit 65 this month, the 25th.... Send presents. You know you're getting old when the mail you get says, "Welcome to Medcare",,, I just about pooped.

Pictures to follow during process of course.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:54 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Vic,

First thing I noticed is that the White KDBB blades are more stable. I like them a lot, and seem pretty industructible too. Hit the "Pool Table" a lot. LMAO!

Barry,
Shoot me your address, via E-mail, I'll send ya some corn... corn..
Liz and Teena don't need to talk, they think we're Stupid in General anyway. Hah! Won't get into that at all. I'd be cruzin' for a brusin' for sure. Yikes!

Take care and tell T, I said Hi!. She's a peach... You're Okay for an Old Guy... Rotf....

How can it be a "Short Round", if it's all day?????

Later guys,
Dave
Old Aug 06, 2011, 07:51 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Dave- you must have has your speakers up real loud. There is a mosquito buzzing in front of the camera early on in the video. By the pics and posts you have a TON of Honey Do's going on! Enjoy the corn, it looks tasty. Hope Liz is doing better with her toes.

Vic- Pics of the house would be super. We love pics around here. Do the white blades weigh more or less than stock? Wonder why they are more stable.

Barry- "Short Round"; nickname of a grand child taken from the Indinana Jones movies? Got to love Harrison Ford. He's played some great characters.
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:54 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Jim.....yes Sir....great actor. Our little Hobbit will be here all day....wouldn't have it any other way. :O)

Dave...thanks for the kind words Bud......yep, women have telepathy. Tee almost busted her toe yesterday....hmmm....must be DNA....lol
Old Aug 06, 2011, 01:17 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim....my guess is they do weigh less, they are thinner, about3/32 longer than the stock blades. We're getting badly needed rain today, wont get much done out there today in the yard. I gotta make a couple dump runs with my trailer, that'll be next week. Here's the pics of the house with new porches, dog kennel with ramp, and the steel roof. Looks like a new house on the outside. There's also remodeling work going on indoor too. The side the house where the A/C is, there USED to be a door where that window is:
Old Aug 06, 2011, 01:53 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Looks like a real nice job they did for you. Hope it mmets your expectations.

I've got to order more batteries for the 450 and grab a couple spares for the mcp. May look into those blades too while I'm at it. They sound promising.
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:54 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Way to go Vic.............nice man. Yep, I'd live on that deck too.....lol