SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2011, 03:56 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Guess you wont need a lawn mower anymore, Ivan. Just a whole bunch of lipos!

Great job.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 06:15 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Wow Ivan!
That was awesome You have a ton of talent

I got out to the Battle Creek airshow today. I have a nice red spot on my back where I couldn't reach to put the sun screen on though. I need to get the spray stuff but at least my nipples aren't burnt, LOL!

I was about 50-70 yrds away from the Blue Angles when they got into their planes and started them up. I got pelted with sand and blasted by the heat from the exhaust when they taxied out. I loved the smell of the Kerosene coming out of those F-18's. The show was spectacular!

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Jul 03, 2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old Jul 03, 2011, 06:34 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Thanks everyone. Things are clicking again for me and helis. I shouldn't have taken the whole winter off of flying them but I guess in a way it was good. I kept my interest in the hobby and I am sure that planes helped with helis too.

Rick, I swapped the non bullet blades back on and the wobble is back. So why is it not there with the bullet blades? Well, I think that HH was being factual on the blade issue. I got out my magnifying glass and found that there IS a weight in the bullet blades!!! I took a macro picture so we can all see. With the naked eye, it looks just like the mold release mark next to it.

While this is somewhat good news, there still is an issue with mine with the "as supplied" blades. I am putting the bullets back on till I can get it back to the hobby shop so they can see what it is doing.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:19 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
bullet blades/non bulleted blades

WELL

it may be wiser to just go back to the" mCP X thread" and READ all the posts about how to fix the wobbling/shaking.
Enough people have written about it, I know.
Only I just didn't pay enough attention.I will pay attention now.
Still waiting for the helicopter to come back from Horizon H.
this is not a problem reserved just for you and me, obviously, I would guess
it's inherent to the machine itself.

Only bad thing was that it dropped from 5 foot high onto concrete and got really damaged. That's why it went back to H H.

I hate to have spent $ 180.00 on a defective item.
Money is so hard to come by , for me
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:24 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,205 Posts
Everyone have a fun and safe 4th.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:50 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

I had the wobbling/shaking on my mCP X after about the first 10 flights or so. I did some research and tried one of the mods (per say). And it did work too, at least in my case.

In the spare parts bag they give you, find 3 of those tiny canopy gromments.

Remove all 3 servo links from the swashplate. Then put 1 gromment on each of the balls of the swashplate. Then snap the servo links back on the swashplate. The gromments take out any of the slop that the links have. Give that a try first. And report back in the morning.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:53 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Everyone have a fun and safe 4th.
Kyle,

I'll be safe for sure, but the neighbors keep us up at night, blowing off their fireworks until 1 or 2 AM. Tonight and tomorrow, oh the pain.

Time for popcorn
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Wow Ivan!
That was awesome You have a ton of talent

I got out to the Battle Creek airshow today. I have a nice red spot on my back where I couldn't reach to put the sun screen on though. I need to get the spray stuff but at least my nipples aren't burnt, LOL!

I was about 50-70 yrds away from the Blue Angles when they got into their planes and started them up. I got pelted with sand and blasted by the heat from the exhaust when they taxied out. I loved the smell of the Kerosene coming out of those F-18's. The show was spectacular!

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Sometimes I like to go to the airport and take in the sounds and smells of the flight line. I miss doing that work from time to time. The R/C gig don't provide the smells and sounds of a real flight line that's busy. I DONT miss the occasional sand blasting I'd get.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:14 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Worked on getting the hat cam dialed in. I am really liking the mCP X

mCP X (3 min 7 sec)
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:31 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,
Great video as always. Hard to believe a small heli like that can fly that well and very predictable. I had to laugh when you were flying around the tree, I do the same thing in the back yard. Ha! A few years ago, I did that with a 450 in the front yard, flying around my flag pole... Yep, the flag pole won. Blades pieces everywhere.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:12 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Worked on getting the hat cam dialed in. I am really liking the mCP X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVnS3PETVMI
I'd say you got the cam set up pretty well.
I had to look twice at the 15 sec mark when you went inverted.
Nice flying as usual.
Happy 4th everyone!
Grilling and r/c here
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:25 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
I found a few old pictures from the early 90's. That's me flying one of my planks, super cold out that day. Lining up for the perfect landing. Lol!

That was my very first build. Not bad huh?

Don't know how well they'll show up, they're old photos I scanned in with my scanner thingie. Ah, the good old days again.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:36 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Great pics Dave! Looks like a beautiful Sig Komander! Is the high wing trainer a Kadet? Very cool!

Ivan,
Man you make it look way too easy Looks stable as heck inverted but I know your the one making look that way. Great Flying!

Vic,
I live very close to the Kalamazoo airport and I love stopping by from time to time for that same reason. Nothing beats the sound of a jet starting up and the smell.

Happy 4th and Blessings Y'all,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:44 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
old times ?

I did like the SIG KAVALIER

I had several students that came out to learn with just that one

yours is a perfect, beautiful build

I am very impressed with the flying of IVANs mCP X and with the bullet blades no less

Been cooped up inside this house since last Thursday at 2pm....beginning to feel cabin fever.
Can't go out at all, the [M...X....can] population is out in force....
making driving sheer and pure HELL
It's really bad giving someone who rode a donkey last month, a license to drive Hummers and Old Cadillacs that break down and smoke all the time plus constantly HONKING the horns and using radio at 255 decibels......with car windows wide open...
I have no place to go, no place to hide.
WOE is me
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:52 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Great pics Dave! Looks like a beautiful Sig Komander! Is the high wing trainer a Kadet? Very cool!
Jay
Great eye Jay, as always. Yes sir, Sig Kadet.. I don't remember exactly, but I know it took me a long long time to build. That was my first build and first experience with RC flying.

Blessings,
Dave