HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2011, 07:24 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
You should have told your son, "Just a little off the top." That looked very tail heavy!!! I'd shove a fishing weight into the nose and try it again.

Ivan,
Glad to help! Your going to love this plane

Blessings,

Jay
Jay....I asked him if it might have been tail heavy. He flew it out of the box and I guess he figured it should have been right. Next time he flys it, we'll add weight. That might take care of the erratic flight characteristics. It has a "set elevator" and accomplishes climb by virtue of foward speed just like the air hog type planes.....it may be a couple degrees too much elevator for the amount of power those twin engines put out.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 08:27 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,204 Posts
Here is a very cool video. It has a great Hi-Def picture. Watch full screen!

The City Limits (3 min 28 sec)
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old May 06, 2011, 08:52 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Kyle,
That has to be one of the BEST HD timelaps videos I have ever seen. Funny you should post it. I have been sitting here reading, reading reading, and agonizing about buying the new GoPro HD 1080 for my helis. But your posted video was nothing less than stunning and nothing lese but a MUCHO expensive camera could have done that video.

Thanks for posting, JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old May 06, 2011, 08:56 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Kyle,
Thank-you for sharing that. I thought that was very cool. The car traffic in the city night looked like blood flowing through a body. Very neat

JPEE, the GoPro Hero is what I'm after. I researched for ever, even had a "webbie" for a shot time, but the quality, durability, and size make it the right camera for the job in my opinion. Just waiting for the right time now, AKA side job

God Bless!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 07, 2011, 09:01 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Responding

GOOD MORNING ALL

VIC : here is a photo of the original plan for my biplane.As you can see the position of the supports for the upper wing are in very close relationship to what is on yours. let's see if you can detect the CG point ?
WELL; as an afterthought here's another pic taken closer. Now from both pics you get a better idea WHERE THE CG POINT IS ON MY BIPE, I sincerely hope this HELPS.///would you tend to agree with this estimation? It's the squiggly sign (actually says CG) at the bottom of the vertical line that comes down from the word BOLTS.

jUST AS A VISUAL ESTIMATE: it looks as if the CG is at 30 % of the top wing chord, back from the leading edge.

Since I am on the subject : the designer of the biplane (LAZY ACE) was Chuck Cunningham who was a club member of the FORT WORTH THUNDERBIRDS, a personal friend of mine and a designer and column writer for the RADIO CONTROL MODELER magazine. The bipe I have here was begun back in 1974 in his shop and I finished it. It has been through several LIVES with different engines [ one of them the 5 cylinder ] then after years up in Dallas, it came back to me when it got the OS 4 cyl Pegasus engine installed...a model with a loooong life and STILL will do more flights, real soon I hope.

JPEE : thanks for the encouragement; the seller finally answered and was a bit miffed because he does not believe in the need to "acknowledge" receiving a payment. He was just going to mail the batteries at his own sweet convenience. Which he claims was done yesterday

ORACUS : you've trumped anything I've ever sent before. This movie of the time lapse is the very BEST I've ever seen..... KEPT FOR EVER and thanks.
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; May 07, 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: add pic
Old May 07, 2011, 09:31 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,204 Posts
That video was made using a Canon 5D Mark II which is primarily a HD still camera.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old May 07, 2011, 05:57 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
That video was made using a Canon 5D Mark II which is primarily a HD still camera.
Look at the price of that puppy. Here are the first two listings that popped
Canon 5DMK II+32GB $1549

EOS 5D Mark II+8GB $2269.............. The EOS 5D Mark II has a stunning 21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor

Glad to hear the good news Rick

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old May 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Vic- I'm with Jay, looks tail heavy in the video.

Kyle- Awesome HD video. Stunning quality.

Rick- Good news on the batts being shipped.

JPEE- Nice to see you around. Is the remodle completed yet?

NO RC TO REPORT
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 07, 2011, 08:25 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
I have to report~

I have helped my friend, fixed many planes of his planes over the years and the planes kept getting bigger in size. My wife had always said, "You can get one that big if I get a bigger house."
Well... when I came home with the Christen Eagle she said," Sure, I get the bigger house". I always thought this means selling the current house and buying new. While grilling last night's dinner it hit me, put an addition on I'm pretty sure we're going to head in that direction and many thoughts are being spilled out.

What have I done

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Old May 07, 2011, 09:07 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,305 Posts
well,as long as your going to build,maybe a dedicated workshop for planes only would be a nice addition
oly_rcer is online now Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old May 07, 2011, 09:28 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
well,as long as your going to build,maybe a dedicated workshop for planes only would be a nice addition
Now THAT is thinking right there!!! LOL
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 07, 2011, 09:32 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
You know it! No crawl space below but full basement which will be game room like Dave's with pool table, dart board, and such. My hobby room now will double using old space
Old May 08, 2011, 10:43 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
That a way Jay, keep her happy. It is Mother's Day after all!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Early 90's stuff.....

This stuff has been sitting in a garage since 1997 untouched, bought about 1993 maybe by my father in law. Engine was locked up, batts needed revived but so far so good, it's starting to come together here. Had to pull a W/B, that's been corrected, the D/R's were max for upper and lower, I adjusted that to 65%/100%. Just need to high power the engine today, she'll be ready for a resurrection maiden.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 08, 2011, 06:49 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I have wanted to post up a vid taken with my HD keychain camera for a while now but weather had been preventing any flying / good days for video.

I got out today and stuck the camera on my Sonic Blue F-22 with some Velcro. The picture it takes is much better than the #3 keychain camera I have and the sound quality is just as good. I think its a steal at $40 shipped.

Pratt's by HD keychain cam (7 min 44 sec)
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240