1,227 Posts
Hoping each of you have a very blessed Easter today
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:14 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Easter sunday

Good Morning ALL and a blessed DAY for us all.

at 8am the WIND is already up to 20mph and higher.

BUT I JUST HAD AN IDEA : I will buy a big , expensive KITE with all the trimmings, a long long string etc etc

The way MY LUCK RUNS ALL THE TIME :

the day I take the expensive KITE out to fly

THIS DARNED WIND WILL STOP FOR SURE !

FOR SURE THIS WILL WORK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:20 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Lol
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick.....I'm guessing that's the logic of submarine technology right there. A boat that is already sunk......
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
JPEE,

I hear you loud and clear on the TT vs Belt. There's always pros and cons on any product, depending on ones perspective of course. For me and my type of flying the belt drive systems are more then adequate. And it's certainly a lot less expensive to adjust a belt periodically and much quicker than replacing crown gears and torque tubes. Heck, belt drives is all that was available to all of us, just a few years ago and things worked fine then.

Unfortunately, in my readings over the last several months the trend is leaning towards TT. However, I'm sure that belt conversions will be always be available. Only time will tell on those issues.

Just my nickel,

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Bobs,

Hope ya all had a good Easter and spent some time with the family.

Dave
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:27 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Happy Easter Everyone!!! God Bless Us!

I had a wonderful weekend spent with Friends and Family, very relaxing to say the least.

JPEE,
I have the ole belt on my 450SA and I have to what a pain in the rear to put the scale fuse on with it. Nightmare!!! I had to drill holes in the tail section so I could get to the srews to mount the whole darn thing. I thought that a TT would easier in the tensioning factor. I was able to do it after a long and trying time. Also, there is no way to tighten or loosen the belt with the fuse on. I would have to remove the bird completely to do the adjustment. I guess it is the price you pay when you want to dress the heli up.

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:40 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Happy Easter Everyone!!! God Bless Us!

I had a wonderful weekend spent with Friends and Family, very relaxing to say the least.

JPEE,
I have the ole belt on my 450SA and I have to what a pain in the rear to put the scale fuse on with it. Nightmare!!! I had to drill holes in the tail section so I could get to the srews to mount the whole darn thing. I thought that a TT would easier in the tensioning factor. I was able to do it after a long and trying time. Also, there is no way to tighten or loosen the belt with the fuse on. I would have to remove the bird completely to do the adjustment. I guess it is the price you pay when you want to dress the heli up.

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Jay,

That is the one major draw back with belt helis, is when you put a scale fuselage on them. Agreed, major pain. On TT there is no adjustments.

I'm all finished with the remodeling. Next time, I just may have to hire you.

Blessings,
Dave
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:42 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Jay,

I'm all finished with the remodeling. Next time, I just may have to hire you.

Blessings,
Dave
Just think about the money you save which is now sweat equity! More money to put toward your new house

I aint cheap

Stamp/Jim,
Game 7 my man what a come back!!!

Wnuk/Jim,
I hope the Pens put them away tomorrow!

Blessings,

Jay
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Apr 24, 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: hockey stuff, don't mind us Dave;-)
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I would have to remove the bird completely to do the adjustment....

YES, you would. That's why I tried to talk you into a TT bird. The TT needs ZERO adjusts and the rudder servo tray is FIXED, and once set, also needs ZERO adjusts. With a belt driven tail, you wil find yourself removing the heli from the fuse quite often to adjust rudder servo and belt tensions.

To do a Huey with an elevated tail rotor, I decided to WAIT until someone comes up with a TT system for it rather than to use that belt system they supply with it...shouldn't be long and someone will. The REAL Hueys used a two shaft system in the tail rotor (personal experience).
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:40 AM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
To do a Huey with an elevated tail rotor, I decided to WAIT until someone comes up with a TT system for it rather than to use that belt system they supply with it...shouldn't be long and someone will. The REAL Hueys used a two shaft system in the tail rotor (personal experience).
That makes complete sense now. I am one of those guys that has to learn form my own mistakes and this is one of them. Not necessarily a mistake but hardship in the build with the belt.

I learned today~

3D~ belt

Scaler~ Torque tube

Economical and reasonable sense to me.

God Bless Y'all!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:44 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Stamp- Amazing comeback for the Hawks. Thought they were done three games ago. Here's hoping they can knock those Canuks off.

Will be watching the Pens game tonite. See if we can't finally move on to round two!

Rick- Get a kite for sure.......it will assure the wind will stop blowing

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
That makes complete sense now. I am one of those guys that has to learn form my own mistakes and this is one of them. Not necessarily a mistake but hardship in the build with the belt.

I learned today~

3D~ belt

Scaler~ Torque tube

Economical and reasonable sense to me.

God Bless Y'all!
Jay....you're just like me, a HARD HEAD....LMFAO
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Dave,
I think we are saying the same exact thing. As we progress through the hobby we change things up from time to time. With that said some day I might go scale and as Vic say's that's the only way to fly. While I still have to Blade 400 sitting in dust on the shelf that was its down fall, that dang boom was "always" sliding inward and the belt would become loose. There is no doubt about a TT is the only way to fly for scale. As I said, I will never sell off my TT set ups for that very reason.

Vic,
Thank you for the well holiday wishes, back atcha to you and yours. Did you eat too much mashed taters, ham, sweet taters, and other goodies?

Jay,
To quote you, "I am one of those guys that has to learn from my own mistakes and this is one of them". With that said Mr. Jay, here is another time saver for you, you put the tape on first, then apply the mud! LOL Sorry Jay I love you and was poking a fun a bit.

We were blessed to have ten soles at our table for Easter Grace. However, they are like Angeles and barely ate it seems. We have SO much food left Everyone here on the thread is invited over tonight for leftovers, my doors are open!

We are expected to hit 80 degrees today and this will be hotty all of the way through. Oh well, I guess I'll fly tomorrow if I have too lol

Smiles JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee