HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2010, 07:51 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Vic- Got my wife a laptop at Best Buy last year. $450 for a 17 inch HP. Built in wireless, 320 Meg HD and 4 Gig RAM with Vista Home premium. Intel chip, though right now don't remember what speed. Open a CC with them and they give you interest free financing for 12 or 18 months. Not a bad deal at all. I paid mine off long ago but took advantage of the interest free for 3 months.

Stamp-Have you figured out your head issue yet?

Dave- Do you still have those cheeseballs or did ya eat them all? They look mighty good right about now, better than Jay's potato chips On a more serious note; have you gotten any air time yet this spring?

Jeff- You keep tempting mee with that cubby! I am weak ya know!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 07:55 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
IT IS ALIVE!!!!! The Gaui 425 is ALIVE!!!

I picked up an EC3 ESC connector at lunch today and rushed home right after work to solder it up. I had not set the ESC up which needed to be done. I thought I had a 5.1V step down regulator but it turns out I used it on the Trex 600 CF so I decided to reduce the output of the ESCs BEC down to 5V. I programmed the throttle range, no brake, mid timing, mid battery cutoff, soft start, fast throttle and 5V output and then set up my throttle curves in the TX and I was ready to fly. The first set of batteries was a pair of 1800mAh E-Flites from my B400 days. I could tell right away they were not up to the task. I ran the packs out anyway just trying to dial in a throttle curve and gyro gain. I was running out of light but through a Turnigy 2650mAh 6S 20C. MUCH better. I am a bit scared of the cheap blades, plastic grips, head speed, pitch curve, non "OK" gears etc but I did a few pitch pumps anyway. It flies light and move FAST. I am looking forward to getting it out to the field where I can actually fly it and put it through its paces. I want to do a thorough post flight now and make sure everything looks OK. So glad to finally get this thing airborne.
Awesome to hear, Ivan! What gyro/servo combo do you have on it? Did I read you right, a 6S on a 400 size heli! Holy smokes, batman!
Old Apr 05, 2010, 07:57 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Vic- Got my wife a laptop at Best Buy last year. $450 for a 17 inch HP. Built in wireless, 320 Meg HD and 4 Gig RAM with Vista Home premium. Intel chip, though right now don't remember what speed. Open a CC with them and they give you interest free financing for 12 or 18 months. Not a bad deal at all. I paid mine off long ago but took advantage of the interest free for 3 months.

Stamp-Have you figured out your head issue yet?

Dave- Do you still have those cheeseballs or did ya eat them all? They look mighty good right about now, better than Jay's potato chips On a more serious note; have you gotten any air time yet this spring?

Jeff- You keep tempting mee with that cubby! I am weak ya know!

Jim
It spins on plane and respnds as it should.
Maybe later this week I can take it apart and see what's going on.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:05 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Wnuk, Gaui names their helis after the blade size they swing. So... the Gaui 425 swings 425mm blades. This is the same size as my Trex 500.

I have DS821 servos on cyclic and a GY401 / S9257 combo on the tail. The motor and ESC are from my Trex 500 ESP which I had laying around since I put the Scorpion in it.

As far as 6S in a 400 sized heli... well, I am building one right now. I have an Outrage G5 that I am still gathering parts for. It will swing 350mm blades and run a 1700kv motor on 6S... oh.. and it is flybarless. Should be a blast!!!

I love my 450s
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:11 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Vic,

I know where you live. I'll just give Leslie a call.

Dave
LMAO...send her up. My wife, me, and her will have lunch and head to the range....we'd have a ball. Yup...my wife don't hunt, but she likes burning powder and making holes in paper, so does my daughter. She want's to buy a pistol soon.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:17 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Didn't realize that, Ivan. When you said earlier about the B400 batteries I just made the leap I guess Still learning every day. Looks like you got quite the collection going on there with more to come! Flybarless has intrigued me for quite awhile, would you mind updating us as you progress with the build?

Jim
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:24 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Hey Dave... did you happen to see what came up for today's deal on Flying Hobby?
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:41 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Congrats Ivan! Glad to hear it went well

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:41 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Hey Dave... did you happen to see what came up for today's deal on Flying Hobby?
Damn you anyway, Ivan. LMAO! I still have 14 hours to think about it. That is a great deal and something I would love to have. Gotta think this one over. But what the heck, you only go around once. I could tell the wife it was only 150 bucks. ROTFF!... I know others use that con too.....

Thanks for the tip.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:46 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
LMAO...send her up. My wife, me, and her will have lunch and head to the range....we'd have a ball. Yup...my wife don't hunt, but she likes burning powder and making holes in paper, so does my daughter. She want's to buy a pistol soon.
That would be a hoot, a shoot out. I mentioned before, Leslie loves to blow up watermelons with that .454 she has. Her 9mm is just to cover her butt, in the country with coyotes and such. At early dusk and dark, she never leaves the house without it. Love going out there, for sure.

Dave
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:05 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Stamp,

When you get around to it, let us know how things are coming along. We are all interested in this one. We're all busy with other things and sometimes we have to put the helis aside for a few. LOL!

Wnuk Guy,

A big container like that of Cheeseballs, would be gone it about a week or so.
LMAO!

Flying time, between the 600 and the 450, I'd be guessing about 15 flights or so, I don't keep track of that. I mentioned sometime ago, I've got arthritis in my right hand and have to go with the flow on that issue. Even on good weather days, I may not fly. So, on those days, I use the left hand to get the Cheeseballs. LMAO!

Dave
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:15 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
IT IS ALIVE!!!!! The Gaui 425 is ALIVE!!!

I picked up an EC3 ESC connector at lunch today and rushed home right after work to solder it up. I had not set the ESC up which needed to be done. I thought I had a 5.1V step down regulator but it turns out I used it on the Trex 600 CF so I decided to reduce the output of the ESCs BEC down to 5V. I programmed the throttle range, no brake, mid timing, mid battery cutoff, soft start, fast throttle and 5V output and then set up my throttle curves in the TX and I was ready to fly. The first set of batteries was a pair of 1800mAh E-Flites from my B400 days. I could tell right away they were not up to the task. I ran the packs out anyway just trying to dial in a throttle curve and gyro gain. I was running out of light but through a Turnigy 2650mAh 6S 20C. MUCH better. I am a bit scared of the cheap blades, plastic grips, head speed, pitch curve, non "OK" gears etc but I did a few pitch pumps anyway. It flies light and move FAST. I am looking forward to getting it out to the field where I can actually fly it and put it through its paces. I want to do a thorough post flight now and make sure everything looks OK. So glad to finally get this thing airborne.
Ivan,

Glad ya got the Guai 425 up and running. You may want to consider a 3000 mAh 6S 25C or 30C battery in that sucker. It would give it some wicked power.

Dave
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:30 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Flying-Hobby.com
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 51649

Date Ordered: Tuesday 06 April, 2010

Products
1 x Deal-TREX 500 ESP Super Combo (KX017008A) = $428.00

Ivan,

I only have you to blame.... LMAO!

I pulled the Trigger.

Lordy Help Me Now..

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; Apr 06, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:40 PM
United States, HI, Lanai City
Joined Oct 2009
136 Posts
Jim ~

You would love a Cub, there an easy relaxing fun little craft for a small yard ! I got to fly mine today for a few flights and its a blast. You wouldn't regret it !

Ivan ~

Woohoo ! Another birdy born.... Video please.........................

Dave ~

So yesterday after 4 months I finally got my 9257 dialed in from when I swapped out the 9254 awhile back and after puttering around in the yard a bit I thought I would try a mini Auto and so I did, but did scuff the blades ! It was a gnarly sound ! LMAO........... Anyhoo, you know yer rusty when right afterwards you go to launch the 500 at the same time as you engage idle 1, but then just realizing that your loss of power was because you hit throttle hold instead ! LOL !

So rat turds ! Anyhoo, no big deal but a front crown gear assembly for the torque tube. I'am planning on ordering one tonight along with a CPP tail motor. Mine went out today, and I already knew it was going from a few months back but at least I got a flight in with the CPP also.

You might want to skip ahead for the Auto to the 2:20 mark, as I was just pittering around in the beginning feeling out the tail adjustments I made, and also getting the nerve to cut the power for a small Auto...

Oh yeah............ Me and Vic wanna know when yer gonna cut the power on the 600 and such ??? !

Trex 500 1st Mini Auto (3 min 31 sec)
J-MICHAEL is offline Find More Posts by J-MICHAEL
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:42 PM
United States, HI, Lanai City
Joined Oct 2009
136 Posts
Quote:
Flying-Hobby.com
Order Number: 51649
Detailed Invoice: http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/orde...tomer_id=19275
Date Ordered: Tuesday 06 April, 2010

Products
1 x Deal-TREX 500 ESP Super Combo (KX017008A) = $428.00

Ivan,

I only have you to blame.... LMAO!

I pulled the Trigger.

Lordy Help Me Now..

Dave

COOL DAVE ! You'll love that sucker, and especially for those smaller places ! Well, I just showed you NOT how to Auto a 500............... LMAO ! Which also, the yard here sucks and is all lumpy... Its just waiting to chew up a tail rotor !
J-MICHAEL is offline Find More Posts by J-MICHAEL