HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:31 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
58 Posts
Thanks JPEE for the information and if I buy I will get them from the US seller even being more expensive.
46u is offline Find More Posts by 46u
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:43 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
No flying yet. Tuesday through Saturday are supposed to be sunny and mid 50's to 60 with light winds so I should be able to find SOME time to get a flight or two in. Need to get the Flasher 450 ready for flight again. Need to drop from a 13T to a 12T as the 35 Amp ESC I am using won't handle it for long.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:48 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
One day : three pages

doing good here in the new home

Rick

p.s. even with the FLU I have flown the SR four times today. Temp.70+ breeze 3 to 5mph
it is a FAST little heli when I go Forward Flight. I fly in STUNT with Hi rate but it is a quick reactor
and "tends" to go back to center. I will be at the RC field this week and will try FLIPS and maybe
hold INVERTED ( I go upsidedown in the SIM, with no mental effort ) so I guess I'll transition safely..\
3 MISTAKES HIGH !
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 14, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: ADD text
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:49 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Friend thing?

What's the friend thing for? Is it just for accepting e-mails from other rcu members or is there some other purpose? I really need to look around this place a lot more than I have
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:57 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
What's the friend thing for? Is it just for accepting e-mails from other rcu members or is there some other purpose? I really need to look around this place a lot more than I have
It just gives you a quick link to your friends to see their blog or quick personal messaging. I use it often with a few friends here in Portage when we want to get together and fly at the local soccer field. You click on your person profile which is located on the top right of the screen and enter your blog. Friends are located below. It's easier than tracking down someones post when you want to send a message and such.

Here's a link to my blog. I have entered in a couple of things that I thought people might be interested in as well as links to my friends. It's more community friendly on RCGroups. There is no worries on security either. If you don't want to be friends with someone you can always ignore... not an obligation.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=149102
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:00 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Thanks for holding our hand here, Jay! May the Force be with you! Yes, I was watching some Star Wars on Spike today.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Thanks for holding our hand here, Jay! May the Force be with you! Yes, I was watching some Star Wars on Spike today.
Ha! So were we We also played some Lego Star Wars on the Wii

It's a neat sight. Like any other, it does take some getting used to. There are pros and cons to preference but I've found things run very smoothly on RCGroups. It's very electric friendly

Hey Rick,
Do you have the SR on a DX6 or DX7? A friend, the one in the video flinging dirt, said there was not enough throws on the included transmitter to hold in inverted.

E-Flite Blade SR Loops And Crash! (8 min 50 sec)
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Mar 14, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:21 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Kyle,
You have to get some video of that Vision when you get that camcorder

Vic,
Yeah, I didn't fly anything either but the snow is gone so I went in the backyard and scooped poop. 3 dogs @ 4 months is an amazing mess
I did one 5 gallon pale and that was less than half the yard
Ya gotta love spring cleaning

Jeff,
Let us know what happens with the batts. Commonsense RC just ended a sale on 1s 150mah batts for the MSR and such for $13. They often repeat the sales. It might be a good deal.

https://www.commonsenserc.com/page.p..._deal_day.html

LMAO...I got a beagle and a lab, we hook 'em to a chain on the back porch out the sliding glass doors...what a nightmare this year. All winter, and it too rotten to go out and clean it up as yet. I take the Ford 861 tractor with an 8ft grading blade...I drag it across the yard...gone after about 3 good rains. Right now, it's just too muddy to do that...it'll be there next week too...I aint worried.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:57 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Below..
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:58 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
What is happening BOBs?

I see there is talk of Blade SR in here. I absolutely love mine. I am flying mine on the DX7 with +11 -10 pitch and 7.5 cyclic. I removed all the flybar weights and have installed a 10T Blade 400 pinion which replaced the SRs 9T. It is capable of flips, rolls, loops, funnels etc but that is not its strong point. Where I find it to really shine is in FFF. Just like my CPP2, it is just a blast to carve with and I can FFF aileron better than any other heli I have.

Here is a vid of mine in action. Feel free to check out my other BSR vids.

Blade SR Inverted, Flips, Funnel. (2 min 51 sec)
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Below..
Hey guy....we just decided to move it here, it's been on our minds for a while, and Jay kicked us in the butt. I like the format here a little better. Nothing more than a continuation of the Wheeeeeeee....Blade CP! thread.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Mar 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: upload a photo?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:41 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of planes of the squadrons I was in.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:12 AM
Life is always craptastic!
United States, WA, Pacific
Joined Jan 2007
121 Posts
I came home and all the furniture was gone............

Heya guys!
I checked in at the other site and had recieved a PM from Jim about the move. Glad to see the thread title has changed to something more appropriate for the direction the original had taken.
I still have all the Blade CP's (I can't part with anything it seems) as well as the 2 HBK2's , the Trex and the Swift 16. As you men are aware, my Rc focus has shifted to planes mostly but i still fly my MCX a bit and had worked on the CX2 some not too long ago. I am currently building a BME Cap Maniac I bought at the local trade show last month. 60 inch Ws and calls for a 60 2 stroke..... of course i am going electric with a Reaper Brushless GR-60 that from reports has loads of power and should toss it in the air nicely.
Went to the flying field today with a 3DHS 49" Sukhoi, a "flying W" the lil A-10 warthog from Nitroplanes converted to brushless and my trusty GWS Estarter. I forgot to charge the batterys for the J 3 cub I got from Vic a couple years ago so it had to stay hanging out on the cieling here at home. Also grounded until I can make my way to Eastern WA is my Eflite AT-6 Texan. I want to fly it off of an asphalt runway and theres a newly built field in Wenatchee that has all the requirements I desire. One of my club members was raised there and his father is the treasurer of the club there. Hopefully I can shmooze my way into a lil VIP treatment!
Flights were uneventful.....however one of my planes got blown off the table and broke a pontoon off the Flying W. A cross between a hydroplane and a delta wing.......the thing just floats in the air as well as the water. I tried taping it back on (where the heck is all my CA when i need it?) but I didn't trust it and didn't want to do a walk of shame to pick up falling pieces. The Sukhoi was quite happy to advance in line and take to the air. That plane rolls so fast I have a hard time counting revolutions. Sweet flipping around as well as tracking straight and true. Just wish i was a better pilot!

I am not a regular forum lurker much anymore but will try to pop in once in awhile and keep you men updated.......... BOB's keep up the great work!
Nice vids on this last page BTW!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
ArrowNaughtic is offline Find More Posts by ArrowNaughtic
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:02 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Glad you guys made it here.

9sec- Wow you really did fantastic with the SR. Do you have any issues with the tail motor as compared to the CP's. That was their weak point I believe.

Arrow- I think I forgot to give you the link in the PM, glad you found it! Sounds like planks have really go you busy lately. I sold off al my nitro stuff over the winter and am going to stick to all electric. I picked up a Parkzone Bf 109 over the winter and have about 10 flights on it now. I'm really liking the warbirds lately. Looking around to see what I might pickup next. How do you like the A-10 from nitroplanes?

Jim
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:46 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowNaughtic View Post
Heya guys!
I checked in at the other site and had recieved a PM from Jim about the move. Glad to see the thread title has changed to something more appropriate for the direction the original had taken.
I still have all the Blade CP's (I can't part with anything it seems) as well as the 2 HBK2's , the Trex and the Swift 16. As you men are aware, my Rc focus has shifted to planes mostly but i still fly my MCX a bit and had worked on the CX2 some not too long ago. I am currently building a BME Cap Maniac I bought at the local trade show last month. 60 inch Ws and calls for a 60 2 stroke..... of course i am going electric with a Reaper Brushless GR-60 that from reports has loads of power and should toss it in the air nicely.
Went to the flying field today with a 3DHS 49" Sukhoi, a "flying W" the lil A-10 warthog from Nitroplanes converted to brushless and my trusty GWS Estarter. I forgot to charge the batterys for the J 3 cub I got from Vic a couple years ago so it had to stay hanging out on the cieling here at home. Also grounded until I can make my way to Eastern WA is my Eflite AT-6 Texan. I want to fly it off of an asphalt runway and theres a newly built field in Wenatchee that has all the requirements I desire. One of my club members was raised there and his father is the treasurer of the club there. Hopefully I can shmooze my way into a lil VIP treatment!
Flights were uneventful.....however one of my planes got blown off the table and broke a pontoon off the Flying W. A cross between a hydroplane and a delta wing.......the thing just floats in the air as well as the water. I tried taping it back on (where the heck is all my CA when i need it?) but I didn't trust it and didn't want to do a walk of shame to pick up falling pieces. The Sukhoi was quite happy to advance in line and take to the air. That plane rolls so fast I have a hard time counting revolutions. Sweet flipping around as well as tracking straight and true. Just wish i was a better pilot!

I am not a regular forum lurker much anymore but will try to pop in once in awhile and keep you men updated.......... BOB's keep up the great work!
Nice vids on this last page BTW!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
And not so much as a mention as to the BIG Corsair you were building? I'm in the middle of putting my Corsair back together for this summer. I need an RX, batteries, and a bigger motor, she'll be good as new...got the cracked wing taken care of yesterday (hard landing) Did some spruce up on the paint, gotta make new standoff's for the motor. I want a motor for it that gives good vertical, and don't weigh a ton.