HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Fern,

Great video, a ton of improvement, I remember one about a year or so ago, where you kept running into walls.

What's up with your camera, the date and time stamp, are upside down in the upper left of the video?

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
The video gave me fits. The camera wouldn't balance out so I got tons of green, and then I figured I'll just gray scale it to B&W. Neither worked perfect. But I thought it went with the music, so It's art

The Camera has to be inverted to shoot the heli indoors because most of my flying is below normal camera view. Hence the date stamp upside down. I plan on learning to set the time on all 3 cameras this weekend.

Thanks for the compliment. I think this little guy and some bipe flying have really helped my overall flight skills. Hopefully I will get some Ultra Micro 4-site video shot and then try out the Rex on ping pong balls. The weather seems to be drying if not warming through the weekend. Hopefully I will have a case full of lipos, and aircraft to drain them

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:11 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Fern,
Get those cameras in sync, and fix the camera angle.

Get the ping pong ball heli out there, WITH video.

Thank you very much,

Dave
Old Nov 22, 2010, 09:23 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I got in the 4-site flight, barely.
UM 4-site 22 Nov 10.wmv (2 min 5 sec)
The Rex will have at 2 cameras operating, the flipvideo camera will be on a tripod at a right angle and I will have a "hat" cam as well. My thought is to wear my reading glasses and look over them below head level.

I could also look for a different method of wearing the camera.

Fern
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Wnuk,

Just for you.

Dave
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:50 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
I'll bite. Is that a Dan Wesson .44 with a muzzle compensator? With a pretty lady displaying it.

Fern
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:31 AM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I sold my Air Force T-28D and picked up a replacement. Welcome my new Navy T-28 and its little brother. Just got the big one today and already modded it. I installed Turnigy navigation lights in it.

T28 With Turnigy Navi Lights (0 min 53 sec)

9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:22 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Wnuk,

Just for you.

Dave

Princess Leia! I love that pic, Dave!

Great vids Fern and Ivan!

Jay- Drop a PM to me about your hunting season.

Vic- Hope you are feeling well. Looks like you are making great progress with that bipe!

Still no flying for me.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:54 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Jim,
No Pm needed... nothing happening. Just fun watching nature doing it's thing.

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Nov 23, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:20 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR View Post
I'll bite. Is that a Dan Wesson .44 with a muzzle compensator? With a pretty lady displaying it.

Fern
Fern,

It's a Callus .454, and the pretty lady is my daughter Leslie. She lives out in the country with her closest neighbor about a mile away. She loves fishing, hunting and helicopters. Here she is in a R-22 just out for a spin. And a smart person too, she's an Agent for State Farm Insurance.

Yep, I'm bragging and a proud father to boot.

Dave
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:32 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

You never stop amazing me, neat video of the nav. lights, and pictures of big and little brother. How cool is that.

Wnuk / Jim,

I new that would get your attention. Leslie is a fathers dream, she's a real go getter in her job and loves having fun with the good things. I NEVER have to worry about her. As they say, "She can handle it", whatever needs to be done, it's done. Quite a lady too.

Jay,

Leslie was out again, and came home empty handed also.
Now, Leslie and her husband are splitting wood for the winter, they have a wood burning funace. How cool is that. Propane for a backup, or when the weather isn't that cold.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:39 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
[QUOTE=9sec240;16624965]I sold my Air Force T-28D and picked up a replacement. Welcome my new Navy T-28 and its little brother. Just got the big one today and already modded it. I installed Turnigy navigation lights in it.

T28 With Turnigy Navi Lights (0 min 53 sec)

QUOTE]
Hey Ivan,

I just got a set of those lights too for my T-28 last week. Did you v-cut the foam in the wing and tape over the wires like servo wires run dow the wing? Then drill the wing tip to sink the light holder in place? A pic or two of what you did would be appreciated, THANKS JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
JPEE, I did use the factory slots in the wings to run some of the wires through. I extended the factory slot with a hobby knife for the green and red navi lights. The wires are so thin that just a single cut was enough to tuck the wires into using the edge of a credit card. I did not use the mount for the LED. I cut the opposite of a V in the area of the wing where the LED would get mounted and then cleared the area under the cuts with some tweezers. This left a void under the "skin" of the wing for the LED to sit. I did not want to see the LED at all... just let it glow through the foam of the wing.

For the wing strobes, I followed the spar in the wing. The landing lights followed the servo wires out about two inches and then I slit forward to the leading edge. The light in the vertical stab was the only area I was not happy with. I ran the wire through the body and then slit the side of the stab. I should have slit up the leading edge instead. It would have looked much better. For now, I have just covered the slits with invisible scotch tape. I may foam safe CA the slits closed eventually.

The wiring was very tight for the strobes and the tail beacon. I had to punch holes through the wing down to the wing spar for the strobes to get the to reach. The tail was very tight too. The circuit board is in the only place it can be in the fuse and still reach everything.

Hope the pictures help.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Those nav lights are awsome. It REALLY lets me hover in the driveway at night with the heli. I dont go to high, about 10-12ft, and no more than 6-10ft away. When I hover at night, I still leave the front porch light on, it helps. as far as out in the field flying at night....aint gonna happen with these eyes.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:05 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
T-28 Nav lights

Ivan,

Thanks for the pictures and explanation. It came out "extreamly clean" and I really like your idea of not letting the light fixture show through but rather only their glow in the styrofoam.

Very nice indeed

John
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee