HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Sounds like Rick got up on the same side of the catbox I did this morning. Rick....I feel your frustration....
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Sounds like Rick got up on the same side of the catbox I did this morning. Rick....I feel your frustration....
Vic,

I'd be throwing out the cat box. Stuff happens and we just need to adjust and get a new/different perspective on things. It's tuff, been there alot lately.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:43 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Yeah..when you feel like crap, things bother you more, so I understand Ricks delemma 100%.

I got those cabane struts that connect the top wing to the fuselage completely built. WAY better than what the plans called for. I can pick up the whole plane by the top center section wing, nothing moves at all. I'm considering making the outboard struts the same way because of the "warm and fuzzy" I get from the steel ones I made. Drilling a 3/8 hole every 3/4" lightens it up nicely, but the strength is way good. When building a biplane, wing incidents and alignment is critical. I'm suprised that designers in the 1930's had enough on the ball to be able to accomplish that. I'm sure they crashed a few before they got it right though.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:29 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Yeah..when you feel like crap, things bother you more, so I understand Ricks delemma 100%.
10-4 on that for sure.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:43 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Got me one of these fancy Cell Phones on order, should have it Monday or Tuesday. LMAO! I'm cheap. $19.99 upfront. Pay as you go thingie. Free shipping.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...sionId=7300036
Last edited by choppersrule; Nov 18, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:00 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Got me one of these fancy Cell Phones on order, should have it Monday or Tuesday. LMAO! I'm cheap. $19.99 upfront. Pay as you go thingie. Free shipping.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...sionId=7300036
I would NEVER dispute you being "king" of cheap....your majesty....
I just got a trac fone and charger from the daughter who upgraded to something else....FREE. I need to put a $20 spot on it to put on some minuets. Only need it when we're on the road or at the hospital anyway. And this phone dont have the self depleting minuets like they used to. If you dont use the phone...it stays there. I'll just throw the minuets on it, charge it, and check battery status once a week. It'll be there if I need it.

below is the phone I got:

Samsung T301G$29.99 Single RateCall nationally, internationally or roam at local call rates.
Samsung T301G Features:LIMITED TIME OFFER! While supplies last - Get a $10.00 Gift Card when you follow the instructions included with your phone.
Features text messaging, voice mail, free caller ID, free call waiting*
Free Accessory Kit
Features Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Features Downloadable Ringtones, Graphics, News, Weather, Sports and more using Airtime Minutes
Stylish slider design
VGA Camera
Color screen display
MMS Picture Messaging
Handsfree Speaker
External Caller ID
Vibration Alert
Phone Book with up to 100 Entries
20 pre-loaded ringtones
Alarm Clock
Calculator and stopwatch
Key Pad Lock
Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) rating M-3
Lightweight - 2.92 ounces
Battery life with up to 4 hours of talk time and up to 14 days of standby time
TracFone Airtime Balance Display shows you how much airtime you've used and how much is left, so you control your costs
Double Minutes for the life of this phone upon activation
Includes up to 20 minutes of starter airtime upon activation**
TracFone Nationwide Prepaid WirelessNo activation fees, contracts, monthly bills or credit checks
Nationwide long distance included
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:12 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
I would NEVER dispute you being "king" of cheap....your majesty....
I just got a trac fone and charger from the daughter who upgraded to something else....FREE. I need to put a $20 spot on it to put on some minuets. Only need it when we're on the road or at the hospital anyway. And this phone dont have the self depleting minuets like they used to. If you dont use the phone...it stays there. I'll just throw the minuets on it, charge it, and check battery status once a week. It'll be there if I need it.
Vic,

"King of Cheap", LMAO! I know I am, you know me to well too.

For a casual user, like me and Liz, it's the best bang for the buck, no contracts at all. For a year, it'll run ya about 100 bucks. Because you have to keep the service active. That's for 800 minutes or about 14 hours, way more than I would ever use it. Great insurance policy for on the road traveling for sure.

Dave
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Vic,
Just a follow up, I see you have the "Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) rating M-3", also,
on the Tracfone. LMAO! I like the Blue tooth and VGA camera, I got that too on the one I ordered... I'm stoked on this one. Cheap is good.
Dave
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:29 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Vic,
Just a follow up, I see you have the "Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) rating M-3", also,
on the Tracfone. LMAO! I like the Blue tooth and VGA camera, I got that too on the one I ordered... I'm stoked on this one. Cheap is good.
Dave
I'm like you, I would like to have it for the road or emergencies, that's it. I hate being on a phone, and I don't do texting (what a waste of time).

On my way out this morning to get this gyro on order. I'm gonna try the Dynam G48V, I heard it's pretty good for the money and the 3D capabilities with it are awsome....seen it on you tube by a regular person....I was impressed. For less than $20....what the heck.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:46 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
I'm like you, I would like to have it for the road or emergencies, that's it. I hate being on a phone, and I don't do texting (what a waste of time).

On my way out this morning to get this gyro on order. I'm gonna try the Dynam G48V, I heard it's pretty good for the money and the 3D capabilities with it are awsome....seen it on you tube by a regular person....I was impressed. For less than $20....what the heck.
Hey Vic,
That Gyro Detrum GY-48 is totally twitchen! I use two of them, on a Blade 400 and the other on my lighting fast 450 Pro. My bud uses 5 of them on his 450's and even on his 500 clones. Now he is getting ready to test one on a HK600! Now I have to add he is a noob and flies slow and easy, this is to say he goes left and right and is close now to going out to make like a sport fly circle, but he is close. I have to assume that it would hold a 600 in a 3D mode but if he can hover a do light flying he'll be happy. But again I fly two of them and I am telling you will be very pleased.
JPEE
http://www.xheli.com/60p-dy-1017.html
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Hey Vic,
That Gyro Detrum GY-48 is totally twitchen! I use two of them, on a Blade 400 and the other on my lighting fast 450 Pro. My bud uses 5 of them on his 450's and even on his 500 clones. Now he is getting ready to test one on a HK600! Now I have to add he is a noob and flies slow and easy, this is to say he goes left and right and is close now to going out to make like a sport fly circle, but he is close. I have to assume that it would hold a 600 in a 3D mode but if he can hover a do light flying he'll be happy. But again I fly two of them and I am telling you will be very pleased.
JPEE
http://www.xheli.com/60p-dy-1017.html
JPEE....I did read where a couple guys got bad ones out of the box but we BOTH know....it happens. I saw a video of a regular guy on you tube fly the living beans out of his 450 doing hard 3D using that gyro. I saw no instance of lag, drift, or any other bad habits. I've been using the G401B for about 1.5 years, I've killed 3 of those. Telebee...bought one and it died real quick. I figure if the Dynam will perform well on a 500 as I've read, it must be decient.

JPEE...it's ordered and in shipping. Only bought one....should'a bought two....I KNEW IT....LMAO.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Nov 19, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:39 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Wow......quiet tonight.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:46 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Wow......quiet tonight.
WOW......even more quite today for a Saturday
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
I just ordered new rear bearing for my TT engine, so thats my day so far.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
I just ordered new rear bearing for my TT engine, so thats my day so far.
I'm manufacturing the outboard struts on the 1/4 scale biplane, and I'm NOT moving fast today. Felt like I got hit by a train when I got up this morning.