HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:30 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Fern,

Great video with the mSR, flying like that you shouldn't have any troubles with the 450.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:39 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
You got that right. Kids watch tv walking down the street.
I was 14 when we got CABLE!!!That was even grander than getting an antenna.

Jim
Stamp-0,

You poor baby!!LMAO!

Don't get me wrong, technology is great, I love it. But it has turned the minds of the younger kids into a mud pile. No creative thinking, unless it's how to beat up the guys on their X-box crap. I have an 11 year old grandson that's addicted to X-box something or another. It's really kind of sad.
There's exceptions to that rule, but I see it way to much.

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:50 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
My family's first color TV....1970, my dad WON it at a shop picnic. Hard tell'in HOW long he would have waited if he hadn't won it. My friends dad bought one in 1969, I was amazed at color TV, and it had been generally available since I think 1959...I could be wrong.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Stamp-0,

You poor baby!!LMAO!

Don't get me wrong, technology is great, I love it. But it has turned the minds of the younger kids into a mud pile. No creative thinking, unless it's how to beat up the guys on their X-box crap. I have an 11 year old grandson that's addicted to X-box something or another. It's really kind of sad.
There's exceptions to that rule, but I see it way to much.

Dave
I agree. Some kids are ummm, well.....

Yes I know...poor baby lol. I knew that would get you. I am a young (kinda) guy here.

My son is 11 and I'm thankful that he's into technology etc (you really do need it nowadays and in the future).

BUT...

He really doesn't spend a lot of time on the WII or the computer. He rides bike and is outside. He loves boardgames. Most of all, he enjoys the whole r/c thing (A LOT). He's also into slot cars and trains. 1:1 scale cars are a given. Pretty much like Daddy

Jim

BTW...still awaiting the parts from HobbyKing to finish the hydrofoam. At this rate it'll be after the new year ha ha ha.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:07 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
I agree. Some kids are ummm, well.....

Yes I know...poor baby lol. I knew that would get you. I am a young (kinda) guy here.

My son is 11 and I'm thankful that he's into technology etc (you really do need it nowadays and in the future).

BUT...

He really doesn't spend a lot of time on the WII or the computer. He rides bike and is outside. He loves boardgames. Most of all, he enjoys the whole r/c thing (A LOT). He's also into slot cars and trains. 1:1 scale cars are a given. Pretty much like Daddy

Jim

BTW...still awaiting the parts from HobbyKing to finish the hydrofoam. At this rate it'll be after the new year ha ha ha.
Stamp,

I agree 100% that you need to keep up on technology for now and the future. Regardless of age, these days. My dads 90 years old and he does pretty darn good with the internet. He's not a gammer though.
I guess my big problem is with kids that spend 50 hours or more each week playing X-box crap. And you know some of them do. I don't exactly blame the child though, it's called parental control. Hmmmm.

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:07 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Ditto
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:21 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Next Topic:

Cell Phones

My Tracfone expired a few days ago. I let it do that, so I could upgrade to a little bit better one. Liz and I only use it when necessary or when traveling.
So, bottom line, is that it cost me about $100 a year for minutes and stuff.

The one I let expire, was an open faced phone, and if you had it in your pocket, it would dial crap for ya when you moved around. I'm getting one of those fancy flip a ma-jobbers. $19.99 (yep, I'm cheap and proud of it)

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...sionId=6958303

Ralph
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:00 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Ahhhh..... Dave the butt dialer is no more eh? My son butt dials alot, and usally while at work. I hear him at work doing his thing for about 20 minutes or so then it cuts out...it's a good laugh since I worked in that department for about 5 years.

Here's HOPING I get a box from Hobby King soon....I'm bored out of my mind. Still working on the struts for the Biplane....it's a rough go, but they're gonna be strong and awsome when done.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:14 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Ahhhh..... Dave the butt dialer is no more eh? My son butt dials alot, and usally while at work. I hear him at work doing his thing for about 20 minutes or so then it cuts out...it's a good laugh since I worked in that department for about 5 years.

Here's HOPING I get a box from Hobby King soon....I'm bored out of my mind. Still working on the struts for the Biplane....it's a rough go, but they're gonna be strong and awsome when done.
Vic,

LMFAO! Butt dialer.

Good luck with the Bipe for sure. The struts will be awesome, I know you to well. I'm bored too, big time. After the Christmas holidays, I'll be looking for something part time. Maybe "Flower" delivery. LMAO!

Later,
Dave
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:41 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Vic,

LMFAO! Butt dialer.

Good luck with the Bipe for sure. The struts will be awesome, I know you to well. I'm bored too, big time. After the Christmas holidays, I'll be looking for something part time. Maybe "Flower" delivery. LMAO!

Later,
Dave
Dave,
UPS is doing temps right now. Easy work, especially if you played foot ball in high school. They put you behind a truck with the back door open, you pull the box off the conveyor, then PUNT. If you MISS...you get a do-over and it dont count till you get it between the uprights.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:28 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Fern,
Great flying. That little MSr scoots

I sent the Dish stuff back today. I was funny that there was an identical box sitting on the conveyor belt not even past the curtains. I laugh and told the guy how ironic and he said there is probably 15 more past the curtain. It's a regular thing.

On the Phone thing. I've had Sprint here for 5 yrs or more. I had Nextel before the merger but as I understand it they are still two very different companies but one name. If you don't text and use it for online activities I would use the pay as you go stuff. I pay $80 for two cell phones with now extra stuff... just phone calls. Sprint wants $80 per phone for the unlimited use stuff.

BTW... My son is 12yrs old and hitting us up for a phone. Absolutely not in my book. There is no reason that I see other than safety but you give an inch these days and they will take a light year. I see young kids at work just tapping away on their phones, texting the day away when they should be taking measurements and working. Drives me nuts.

God Bless Ya BOB's!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Dave,
UPS is doing temps right now. Easy work, especially if you played foot ball in high school. They put you behind a truck with the back door open, you pull the box off the conveyor, then PUNT. If you MISS...you get a do-over and it dont count till you get it between the uprights.
That's hilarious but true! I saw the help wanted sign on the door whne I went in tonight. There was a * so I looked and it said, " Place kickers preferred." j/k but I have my suspicions

I'm starting to get a serious itch about a scaler. The 450 sits waiting for the body but needs upgraded motor, ESC, and batts which is perfect timing for the SA's airframe. I really want something military and I love the Loach/ Hughes but I'm still up in the air. Vic has given me great advise to work from. This will be the winter project for me.... OK, one of them

Blessings,

Jay
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I got a 10yo grand daughter who thinks she has to have a cell phone.....yeah RIGHT....when heck freezes over. No makeup, no hoochie clothes, or flamboyant jewlery either. If I catch her with any of the above.....someone is gonna PAY........
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:47 PM
smoking crack is cheaper
North of Seattle
Joined Nov 2009
137 Posts
I'll tell you one thing about kids and games. I grew up from pong, all the way to my PS3 and my hand-eye is ridiculously good (34yrs old on the 27th). Now my son (14yrs on 12-7) has also grown up doing the same. From all the games having subtitles, he was full-on reading at three years old. He has game guide books that are up to 400 pages in length, at least fifteen different books, read them all cover to cover, multiple times for most of them and his English skills (reading, spelling, vocabulary) far exceed that of my 44 yr old girlfriend.....she just laughs it off since he's been helping her spell since he was seven, lol. Her 16 year old nephew has him help him with word spellings and definitions too, lol. Also, anything he watches we have on DVD or Blu-Ray will automatically put on the subtitles too.

But alas, he's not as outdoorsy as I was/am. However, in the right company (my girl's nephew), he's very outdoorsy. It's give and take, and I'll take it.

Also, to those in Cali, that really sucks about the gun laws. Here in Washington, while you can get concealed weapons permits (my girl, her sister and mom all carry legally concealed), this state is what is also known as an open carry state which is what I do (only when camping or up in the mountains fishing or on my atv's). We're allowed to carry openly, in plain sight with no permit required. Same rules apply, no carrying in banks, places that sell liquor, etc, and also no carrying in the car, gun must be unloaded and I'm pretty sure off your person. Of course I live out in the sticks and no one ever bats an eye at it. You'd be surprised really at how many states are open carry; but also, it will vary from county to county how it is looked upon. I just figure, the one person who's open carrying isn't the one I'm worried about, it's the bangers with their tech-9's hiding in their coats.
VooDuuChild is offline Find More Posts by VooDuuChild
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:55 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDuuChild View Post
I'll tell you one thing about kids and games. I grew up from pong, all the way to my PS3 and my hand-eye is ridiculously good (34yrs old on the 27th). Now my son (14yrs on 12-7) has also grown up doing the same. From all the games having subtitles, he was full-on reading at three years old. He has game guide books that are up to 400 pages in length, at least fifteen different books, read them all cover to cover, multiple times for most of them and his English skills (reading, spelling, vocabulary) far exceed that of my 44 yr old girlfriend.....she just laughs it off since he's been helping her spell since he was seven, lol. Her 16 year old nephew has him help him with word spellings and definitions too, lol. Also, anything he watches we have on DVD or Blu-Ray will automatically put on the subtitles too.

But alas, he's not as outdoorsy as I was/am. However, in the right company (my girl's nephew), he's very outdoorsy. It's give and take, and I'll take it.

Also, to those in Cali, that really sucks about the gun laws. Here in Washington, while you can get concealed weapons permits (my girl, her sister and mom all carry legally concealed), this state is what is also known as an open carry state which is what I do (only when camping or up in the mountains fishing or on my atv's). We're allowed to carry openly, in plain sight with no permit required. Same rules apply, no carrying in banks, places that sell liquor, etc, and also no carrying in the car, gun must be unloaded and I'm pretty sure off your person. Of course I live out in the sticks and no one ever bats an eye at it. You'd be surprised really at how many states are open carry; but also, it will vary from county to county how it is looked upon. I just figure, the one person who's open carrying isn't the one I'm worried about, it's the bangers with their tech-9's hiding in their coats.
I'm happy to give my son video game consoles, not just because I play them, too He makes me look stupid on his Wii. He is also a select soccer team goalie with amazing hand/eye coordination but, I will not budge on the phone. Games at home fine, but I don't want him to be distracted outside of the home right now. Way too many stories of teens texting and driving... then dead. I'm going to do my best to instill that lesson before he get behind the wheel

Blessings,

Jay