HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:40 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
That is sooooo cool that you had an owl growing up! I can't imagine having and owl in the house but I imagine it would be as loyal as any other bird that grew up not knowing another life. That is very neat! Enjoy building that bipe!

John,
Holy smokes! I would poop if I woke up and a bear was licking my head When I was about 15yrs old I though about being a fire jumper. Those guys rock but work their rear ends off.

Windy as heck here today!

God Bless Y'all!
Jay...that owl was as affectionate and loyal as any dog I've ever seen....he just ate different food and could fly. Very protective and territorial as well.

I just got to the point on the plane of cutting the two cock pits in a 1/32" ply....this is where a scroll saw would be NICE.

******scroll saw?***** We dont need no stinking scroll saw***** LMAO. I used a razor knife with great success.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Sep 30, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: scroll saw?
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2010, 10:47 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
A big bipe for you to practice with ( metalbenderusn )

HELLLOOOO Mr. VIC : gosh how I wish you lived closer !

because my big BIPE is getting very close to being Airborne. Here's some pics. but if it is done B4 yours, it would be GREAT if you could use this one for practice.
I am wishing for a FRIEND in RC to help me. All it needs is to figure out the final connections for the four cylinders ( a lighting system ) and I will maiden without the cowl. Once it goes good I will set up the cowling because the four cyls. stick out the side and holes need to be dug to make them come through. Then I have to split the shell and hold it with PIANO HINGES, so the cowl is a bit of a big project. I am considering CHANGING all the servos. it's got all FUTABA 103 very very old servos, although there's one for "each" moving part......
FINALLY the heat seems broken and I begin to go out a bit more, besides: the job said there's nothing for me to DO until next week. Now my finances are a MESS, mostly negative readings.
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Oct 01, 2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add picture attachment
Old Oct 01, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick....you'll be done WAY before me. Mine is about 60%, has no covering at all but I got all winter. I work on it a little per day, the fire wall is warped, gonna hit it with some water and clamp it till it's dry, maybe it'll be straight when I'm done. I see you chose US Navy fighter squadron "Top Hatters", pretty nice. I love the 4 cylinder engine...it's awsome. I'll be using a 50cc single so I can get a bit better than scale in power. No camera guys...the grandson took it out, it'll be a spell before it gets replaced.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:38 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
You'll have much more luck on RCUniverse on that question. I personally have no experience with that incredible motor other than staring at it. Try posting a question on this forum or starting a new question thread on in this forum~

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...tm.htm#9450277

I personally want to see video of you flying this great Biplane!

God Bless Ya Rick!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:45 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
To the BOB's...

I just had a new exhaust piped on my '85 Chevy C-10 long box pickup. I bought Flowmaster knock off mufflers from Thrush and I couldn't be happier! I saved about $65 per muffler and they sound like a 3 chamber 50 series Flowmasters. I was smiling from ear to ear when I started her up.

Bad news is that I have a good transmission line leak that I need to fix. No biggie... probably an hours worth of work and $20 worth of line and my truck is back!

God Bless Y'all and have a great weekend!
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
"No biggie... probably an hours worth of work and $20 worth of line and my truck is back!"

I'll translate...you COULD have it done tomorrow
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:00 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
That is sooooo cool that you had an owl growing up! I can't imagine having and owl in the house but I imagine it would be as loyal as any other bird that grew up not knowing another life. That is very neat! Enjoy building that bipe!

John,
Holy smokes! I would poop if I woke up and a bear was licking my head When I was about 15yrs old I though about being a fire jumper. Those guys rock but work their rear ends off.

Windy as heck here today!

God Bless Y'all!
Jay a funny story from today. The "fire Jumper" = (HOT SHOTS) as they are called and I installed an 75 pound 4 foot by 4 foot over his front door as he has a gabled ceiling that can accept it. while we were busting our nuggets on this project we both got dead beat tired but had to stay with it of course. It was then he told me more stories. He learned to "push on" from being a fire fighter. he said they might get a call that there was a Forest fire. Then from when they would get there, fight fire, it could be a total of 35 hours "straight" before that got relieved. They had these special food bars to sustain themseleves on. No matter man or woman fire fighters drop trowl on the side of the hill in the fire and make their "duty". He sincerely felt bad for the women because for them to even weee, they had to go through so much shedding their gear to do so. I know I know........... TMI, but these people do it for us! He even fought in the big Yosemite Fire that lingered for months remember.

We have heat and humidity here today and for the last three days. ICK!

Boy Vic, if you and Rick just lived across the street from each other! Man you guys could build a MOTHER of all Bi Planes as a team. Of course on the other side.........you and Rick together just might terrorize that whole community and raising cane so to speak LOL Nothing is more trouble than two boys seeing what they can get into................ and Rick is wild too!

Take care JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:00 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Still SOS here.
1997 4.6L V8 Ford F150 with Flowmaster 3" Exhaust (0 min 50 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:07 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

The Bipe is looking grand. But the General looks a little angry sitting there in the cockpit and still on the ground. Best to ya Rick, get'r done.

Dave
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:14 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,094 Posts
Hey Guys, long time no type

I am trying to get my nerve up for the T-Rex, again. This time I am pondering putting an OrangeRx DSM2 rx in it so I can use my DX7(Heli version). My thought process is that I can then use known good tx values and reduce my potential problems. I have flown the potatoes out of an OrangeRx of a little Pitts shock flier. I think it is faster than my AR6100's. And I doubt I will be doing climbing rolls at 300' a tenth of a mile off, at least for the first couple of batteries.

Any opinions valued greatly.

If you are interested I have posted a bunch of plane videos, I got a couple of micro video cameras. http://www.youtube.com/user/Ferndale...e?feature=mhum

I will check in later, thanks.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:53 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I have been really busy at work finishing up some big builds. I just finished an R35 GT-R which we took to the track Wed and Thur nights to get some runs in and ended up setting the world record again and then besting it. We got a teaser video up of yesterdays record setting run.

AMS Performance Alpha 10 GT-R goes 9.33@153.24 MPH - World's Quickest & Fastest R35 GT-R! (1 min 4 sec)
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:55 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
John,
To be a Fire Fighter in those situations takes amazing personalities. There is no " I quit". Many thanks to people who do stuff like that!

Dave,
I was wrong on the 50 series line, it is the 40. This is how my 'ole 350 Chevy truck sounds now~

1969 Camaro with Flowmaster Super 40 Exhaust PN 17201 817201 (0 min 37 sec)

I worked at a drag strip for 2 summers and just loved rumbling sound of Flowmasters as a car passed by, even at idle

Vic,
I measured it out... I need two 5 foot lines and should have it done quickly tomorrow

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Old Oct 01, 2010, 09:01 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
No wind so we flew some foamies, 1 came back in one piece, 1 came home with busted motor mount, and 1 never came home is still in neighbors tree We had fun lol
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Oct 01, 2010, 09:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE....if Rick and I were close to each other, it would be a 1/2 to 3/4 scale and it WOULDNT be R/C.......I'd be driving.

Jay.....LOL.....I told ya so! Motivation is a wonderful thing when you see positive results.

FERN...good to see ya...you been quiet.

SLOWLY working on my biplane. Been a LONG time since I worked off prints. Taking my time....measure twice, screw it up, throw it away, try it again.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 09:05 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Tim,
Yes, it's been awhile, thanks for poppin in. I watched your videos, great flying and now on the DX7. The OrangeRX does have the small antenna so you are limited to alying distance of a park flyer. So at a couple hundred yards or so, you're good to go.

Your train of thought needs a little tweeking. A known good TX setting for one heli/plane, may not be even close for a different heli/plane.

It would be best to copy, say from model 1 to model 2. Then make a maiden flight and see what needs to be trimmed. You know yourself, no two helis/planes fly the same. Even if they are the same type model.

Good luck and best to ya Tim,

Dave