HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:49 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Y'all,
I'm glad the weekend is here. Mentally I am spent and I need to recuperate. I really should go fishing or something.

Kyle,
That is awesome you visited that memorial. I can't begin to imagine the feelings I would have just being there. So many sacrificed for us. You Veterans certainly have my deepest sincere appreciation.

Dave,
That pressure washer looks stout. I looked at so many that were just junk. Nobody make quality stuff anymore. Companies now rely on it breaking and you just go buy another. Not with me. I like a good one time purchase and replace parts as I go... not replace the whole thing because it is built with degrading materials.

Vic,
My area was spared from most of the weather. I had a few small limbs down but nothing serious and the rain didn't even keep the petunias watered. I got on my son for not keeping up on that chore today;-) He turned 12 years old today!!! He is growing up too quick. I have it on my list of things to do tomorrow to get to the post office!

JPEE,
So glad to hear your back in and the dust has settled. I hope the vibes go away for you on your 600.

Rick,
I love the videos that you post! Such wonderful scenery in the first and amazing innovation in the second. I look forward to a day that I can buy a plane that I pedal like a bike and fly. Remember the Gossamer Albatross?

A question to my peers... I need to get rid on Dish Network. I'm very unhappy with the service. I was thinking about going with Uverse from ATT. I already have the phone and internet from them so it just makes sense to "bundle". Do any of you have any opinions on the matter?

Y'all have a great weekend of relaxation and fun!

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:49 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay...it's way to crappy to go fishing here, I wouldn't even consider it. My desk top computer got hot, spewed smoke, and I burnt my hand on the hard drive when I took it out to look at it. I got a BUNCH of computer hardware going to scrap now. Two towers, 3 monitors, a printer, and a bunch of other stuff. Now I'm down to a laptop I saved by repairing. I knew my computer was getting ready to go...it's done now and I'm good with it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Sep 25, 2010, 04:43 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Vic,
Save your power supply

I went to ship the props and the "fit it ships" price was stupidly high. I'm going to box them up myself and send them soon, hopefully Monday.
I worked on my truck today. I cut the complete exhaust system off including the headers that were on it. There were holes rusted in the headers I bolted on refurbished exhaust manifolds and new gaskets. What a huge pain in the rear!!! The shop that is going to do the install of the new system and mufflers that I bought gave me the spreaders but the passenger side still gave my fits. Thursday my truck will sound awesome again

Blessings,

Jay
Old Sep 25, 2010, 06:17 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay,

Concerning power washers, there is a ton of great ones out there. Just pretty pricey, the one I pictured was over 500 and that was a few years back. You want one with over 2,000 psi for sure. I've got 2,200 psi on this one and does just great for any home owner. I'd also recommend a gas powered one, over an electric one.

I posted over on the "Off Topic" thread about AT&T U-verse.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
Save your power supply

I went to ship the props and the "fit it ships" price was stupidly high. I'm going to box them up myself and send them soon, hopefully Monday.
I worked on my truck today. I cut the complete exhaust system off including the headers that were on it. There were holes rusted in the headers I bolted on refurbished exhaust manifolds and new gaskets. What a huge pain in the rear!!! The shop that is going to do the install of the new system and mufflers that I bought gave me the spreaders but the passenger side still gave my fits. Thursday my truck will sound awesome again

Blessings,

Jay
Exhaust work.... as bad as body work, maybe worse, all that fitting and twisting and dirt in yer face.

I got a brand new power supply sitting here, never got installed because the wrong one was shipped and didn't fit the computer.

Made a major dent in cleaning the basement in preperation of getting a table set up for the 1/4 scale biplane. Still got a ways to go yet, but in a couple days, I should have it nailed.....
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
This thread is as busy as M37 during a major ICE STORM......LMAO.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 09:21 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Had a great day today. Got to the field at around 1 and had the whole place to myself. It was pretty windy today and the clouds were moving across the sky pretty rapidly alternating between sunny and cloudy. I brought the T28 and really wanted to get it into the clouds. I flew it as high as I ever have and still could not reach them. I am telling you guys that this thing was UP THERE!!! It was higher than I had ever flown and just a tiny dot in the sky and I was just barely able to make out the silhouette to maintain control. I am thinking that maybe glasses would help. I am not giving up on my quest to punch into a cloud.

Although I brought a car full of helis, I decided to get reacquainted with my HK450B. It had been a while since I flown it and I had just recently went through the heli and made sure it was good to go. It felt good flying it again. It is set up somewhat cheap but flies great. I was alternating between the T28 and the HK450B and worked my way through eight packs in the heli and six packs in the T28. My last pack in the T28 I botched the landing and it took a small tumble which took a tiny piece out of one wing. No biggie. Got one pack in on the Trex 600 CF which made me realize how bad ass my Trex 550 is. I really need to go 12S on my 600.

My buddy Alex showed up and got 1/8th of one pack in before he crashed hard. He is shell shocked from his last crash and now second guessing himself.

One guy had a spectacular crash in his trainer when the elevator ripped out of the plane. The hinges ripped out clean so it looks like an install error.

Some pictures from today.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:22 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
wow...elleva crash eh? Looks like the elevator wasn't epoxied in as good as it should have been. Cloud punching.....I did it (once) and it was COOL. We had a very low ceiling one day and I put my Uproar up. Yep....disappeared into the "fog" or clouds, or what ever that mess was. When I come down out of it, it looked cool as I could see the plane re-appear as it decended out of it.

Had to re-install my vertical stab today after my landing. I was comming in and flared it, the plane abruptly stopped and flipped over. I hit a giant mushroom (didn't even see it when I took off) and it flipped my plane with enough force to snap the vert stab. It's already fixed, ready to fly tomorrow.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Vic, that crash was BAD. I guess if your rudder fails, you have ailerons. If your ailerons fail, you have rudder. If your elevator fails... you are screwed!!

A buddy got a vid of me flying the HK today.

Ivan's HK 450 (4 min 22 sec)
!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:31 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Nice flying.
I can only aspire for that as of now

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
You fly a bit better than I do, but I'm throwing that scale body around which changes things a bit. Maybe next summer I'll be as smooth as you are. That HK seems to fly fairly well.....nice job on the setup there!

LMAO...yeah, real bad when the elevator goes. You kill the throttle and hope for the best. I've brought trainers home that looked as bad as that or worse, it can be fixed. I had my main wings pop off once...that's a real hoot....YARD DART.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 04:34 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Holy smokes, Ivan
You can tell how comfortable your getting with your 3D. The flip to roll out was awesome. Sustained invert is just a dream for me Awesome flying Ivan!

Sorry to see your friend lost his trainer... crap happens. two drops of thin CA on both sides of each hinge. But... I've still had them rip out if the balsa is weak.

I flew a Gentle Lady into a cloud one time. A storm front moved over the top of us and created a huge updraft and the glider got fuzzy in the clouds until I spiraled down. It is amazing how high those "low" clouds are, it looked like a dot when it went into the clouds. Plus my eyes were much better back then

Blessings!

Jay
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Finally...a good day out back. Took the Uproar out, excellent take off, good aerobatics in a slight breeze upstairs (6-10mph). Did my flight and greased it in.....engine still at idle when it stopped. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get more than one flight. A couple flights would have been nice but I'll take one GOOD flight for sure.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:44 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
This is no good...

Spektrum DX8 vibration issue part 1 (1 min 12 sec)
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:34 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

Great video for sure. Your transitions between flips and inverted are very smooth. Lots of inverted time. The first loop was right on the money. The second one a little tight on the end.

YIKES! On the DX8 timer problem. Major program bug there. If I were that man, I'd send that video to the manufacture and request/demand retributions for damages to his heli.

I was out flying the 500 today and developed a high pitch squeal on my second battery. I brought 'er in, checked things out, and found that the top bearing in the main shaft holder wash piping hot. Easy fix. I do grease my bearings, and thought after 30 flights it was a little premature to burn out.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule