metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Rick

I have been to a few of those places, just never seen them like that.
At 3min -3:30min is a view of The Normandy American Cemetery http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/no.php I have been there and visited the landing sites like Omaha beach. Awesome video thanks
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Watch wind direction... Have fun.

http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:15 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Wow.......!

I was given a complete kit but partially built Concept Models Fleet 1930 barn stormer 1/4 scale plane, I pick it up later this week. Looks like the cessna is off the table, I'll be working on this. It'll take a 45cc gasoline engine, and I gotta get servos etc for it, my winter project for sure. I just picked up a full sized 1960's kitchen table for the build in the basement. I gotta start cleaning the basement SOON. My paint scheme will be different than the one pictured BUT it will be FABRIC covered....monokote dont cut it with this type plane.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:21 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Vic,
That is going to be awesome! Congrats on the new plane

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
That is going to be awesome! Congrats on the new plane

Blessings,

Jay
Thanks! I'm estatic about it and I think I found a paint scheme I can live with....
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:13 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Guys,

I have this vibration on my 600 heli that makes the skids buzz real good and when the heli starts up or shuts down at a low RPM the heli wobbles like a blade is out of balance. Today I opened up the 600 and took off the blades and checked their balance and they were dead on purrrrfect. Next I measured the paddles distance to the flybar cage and that was purrrrrrfect too! Then I pulled the head and spun up the main shaft and it looked perfect and I did a test with a screw driver on there rubbing the shaft top to bottom to pick up any ticking or vibration, nothing again! I took the main shaft out and rolled it on a slab of tile and it too looked perfect, but I changed it for good measure. What I did find was the main shaft collar was a bit chewed up on the bottom. It was then I noticed that the top bearing block was upside down (this was a used heli I bought two years ago). I pulled the block and checked the bearings and found that all A-OK. I reinstalled the block the right side up and the collar and then was getting ready to re-install the head less blades and spin her up again to look for vibration. It was then I turned on the BEC and it was then I noted the BEC did not light up and it was dead, boys I mean graveyard DEAD. I thought NO WAY so I checked the battery that I had just charged and it was at 4.0 per cell. Then I took and another 7.4 from my old CX2 and tried it with no good results. I split the shrink wrap and took my volt meter and started tracing power within the BEC and found it dead half way through. So I went Heli Direct SOLD OUT, I called my LHS..... Heli Hobby SOLD OUT. So I went to A Main Hobbies and bought it there with some other sundries so that should ship fast here in Calif.
So thats it from Sunny Calif. Gonna be over a 100 on Saturday and then on Sunday the City Fly PArk is have a RC swap meet. Holy cow look out Matilda here I come with a pocket full of cash.

Mr. Barrrick, what a fleet you have amassed, but son you godda get out there and fly those pups.

Vic, good luck on the Concept Models Fleet 1930 barn stormer!

Kyle, thanks again for the Vado video links. Yesterday I took a true HD video and loaded it to Vimeo and to You Tube to see if there was any viewing difference. There was not in my opinion, if at all.

Chopper, what the heck are you up to? I have been in contact with the guy that built that aluminum camera flying mount in Austraila. I found that his heli is a 500 not a 600. I asked why that platform and he said the 500 is "quite" compared to a 600 popping the air. He said he like to get fly and video without drawing attention to himself and the 500 does that! He made a lot of sence in that regard. He can stay up for 6 min. He now is going FBL V-bar to see if that will hlep his control. He does like the "GO PRO Hero" camera so that's probably where I will wind up. However, before I spend 3 bills on the camera I am going to a Pro Camera Shop to go over what is a "light, good" and might do the job better rig.

Godda run now, the Sun's up and it's time run off to the field for a bit.

Butters on the toast, I am gone
JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Got a WIND ADVISORY through Friday...how flipp'in nice. Found a fiberglass cowel, faux engine cylinders, maybe an engine for the Concept Fleet biplane. This is gonna be a cool project. I saw video on youtube of one where the guy uses a G-38 engine. With that engine, it lumbers around in the air like it's about minimal power you could use on it, and the G-38 (38cc) is recommended. I watched another 1/4 scale using the G-45 (45cc) engine, it was also a biplane. The 45 provides a more scale like flight with better speed than the G-38. I'm guessing minimal you'd need 40cc for an engine but a 50cc might be to much stress on the airframe. If everything clicks here soon....I could have the plane completely built and a test run on the engine before Christmas. I never fly unless it's above 25 deg, it's just to hard on planes or helicopters.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Hello Guys,

Chopper, what the heck are you up to? I have been in contact with the guy that built that aluminum camera flying mount in Austraila. I found that his heli is a 500 not a 600. I asked why that platform and he said the 500 is "quite" compared to a 600 popping the air. He said he like to get fly and video without drawing attention to himself and the 500 does that! He made a lot of sence in that regard. He can stay up for 6 min. He now is going FBL V-bar to see if that will hlep his control. He does like the "GO PRO Hero" camera so that's probably where I will wind up. However, before I spend 3 bills on the camera I am going to a Pro Camera Shop to go over what is a "light, good" and might do the job better rig.
Godda run now, the Sun's up and it's time run off to the field for a bit.
Butters on the toast, I am gone
JPEE
JPEE,
Been flying two or three days aweek, nothing special, just sport and scale flying, that way I keep out of trouble. Lots of fun with the RC Car too.
Been doing alot of power washing around the house too, while the weather allows. Two decks, big azz shed, drive way, side walks, etc.

The "Go Pro Hero" has lots of good reviews, light weight too. 94 grams / 3.3oz. Check 'em out at the photo shop.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ked-camera.php

Man if it isn't one thing, it's another for you on the helis. Good find on the defective BEC. On the vibrations, you might check for a bent TT shaft or notchy TT bearing. Tail rotor shaft. Feathering shaft. Loose main blades grips.

I saw over at RCU, that Mark got the okay to get a Trex 500, good for him. I'll have to give him a shout, for sure.

Later,
Dave
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
John,
Sorry to hear your BEC smoked but what a blessing that it wasn't in the air at the time! I hope you and your honey are enjoying the beautiful "new" house!

Vic,
I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing today I came home and had to clean out my pond from all of the fallen leaves. I'm going to get to the post office tomorrow after work!

Dave,
Glad your having a great time flying and driving.
What power washer are you using? I just got another after My first one let go after four years of use

Rick,
Awesome video My Granddad was part of the beach invasion. I thought he landed, "Iowa beach" but I'm not quite sure. Touching pause in that video.

Weekend will be here soon Y'all!

God Bless Us!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Sep 23, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
My Granddad was part of the beach invasion. I thought he landed, "Iowa beach" but I'm not quite sure.
Jay
Jay

If you ever get the chance to visit Normandy GO! Do not pass up the opportunity.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Dave,
What power washer are you using? I just got another after My first one let go after four years of use

God Bless Us!

Jay
Jay,

See pictures below.

I've got it parked in front of the car tonight, gonna do some more tomorrow.

Usually, in the shed. Tons and tons of power. Of course it has the adjustable head, from pinpoint to wide spray, and everything inbetween. Also, it has the siphon option for soaps or chemicals. The head has a low and high postion for pressure, use low for the chemical applications and low water pressure. High postion for "Full Blast" In high position, it doesn't siphon the chemicals. Pretty neat option.

I power washed the back deck, a small one, about 10 x 16, in about 15 minutes.
I'm guessing it's at least 4 or 5 years old and runs like a top. Starts on the first or second pull, everytime.

Then I had to have a Barley Pop.

Blessings DUDE,
Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; Sep 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
John,
Sorry to hear your BEC smoked but what a blessing that it wasn't in the air at the time! I hope you and your honey are enjoying the beautiful "new" house!

Vic,
I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing today I came home and had to clean out my pond from all of the fallen leaves. I'm going to get to the post office tomorrow after work!

Dave,

Rick,
Awesome video My Granddad was part of the beach invasion. I thought he landed, "Iowa beach" but I'm not quite sure. Touching pause in that video.

God Bless Us!

Jay
Jay...today you might have trees or branches down, it's pretty bad right now. It's an excellent day to clean the basement. We're even getting rain.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:12 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
JPEE,
Been flying two or three days aweek, nothing special, just sport and scale flying, that way I keep out of trouble. Lots of fun with the RC Car too.
Been doing alot of power washing around the house too, while the weather allows. Two decks, big azz shed, drive way, side walks, etc.

The "Go Pro Hero" has lots of good reviews, light weight too. 94 grams / 3.3oz. Check 'em out at the photo shop.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ked-camera.php

Man if it isn't one thing, it's another for you on the helis. Good find on the defective BEC. On the vibrations, you might check for a bent TT shaft or notchy TT bearing. Tail rotor shaft. Feathering shaft. Loose main blades grips.

I saw over at RCU, that Mark got the okay to get a Trex 500, good for him. I'll have to give him a shout, for sure.

Later,
Dave
Hello Dave,
It sould like you have been very busy between flying, RC caring and doing the HP washing.
Thanks for the suggestions on the 600. However it does not have a TT. I bought a TT two years ago but never put it on. She just a good old reliable belt drive. Regarding the head it was only two weeks ago I installed new dampners so I really ponder where the wobble comes from on shut down. As always I'll go a piece at a time to find the culprit.

Yes that is great news and an exceptional deal he got on that 500 ya godda admit!

Jay, your right! Some pic's in the near future once the punch list is done from the Mrs JPEE LMAO
Smiles JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Last edited by JPee; Sep 24, 2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:26 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
BIG howdy y'ALL ... got one more GIFT for you :

http://www.eaa.org/news/2010/2010-09-23_ornithopter.asp
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK