SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2010, 05:53 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Wow Dave you,ve been a old Phart since '73?
Let's see here, (2x3/square root of pi+the angle of the dangle) I was 27. And there were days I felt like an old phart.

Windy as heck the last 3 days. Still no rain, lawn is pretty much dead.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2010, 08:54 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
HUGHES (T-Rex 450)

Mr. VIC ...!

thought you'd like to know that I took the Hughes to the LHS with the EXPERT and after making it fly a bit, the result was exactly what you had commented after seeing the film of the Flight : the heli needs a greater batt. but also a better ESC. as it turns out the fuse and all the add-ons were bogging it down.
OMT the VIC is proven CORRECT !.. his comment is that the motor is a bit marginal but in his opinion it should hold out well under the new currents, at least for some time. And that it can always be UpGraded !
we're still under torrential water, to the point that my roof has given way and a repair man is scheduled for tomorrow if the rains let up. My ceiling has a lightcoffee colored stain, the size of a dinner plate and growing...
in the summer and fall, it's no good living down here in the tropics.

the pic is in case you can't remember what I am referring to
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Sep 07, 2010, 09:03 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
Depending on the amount of rain damage cause by the storm, it may be best to talk with your insurance agent. You want to make sure any insulation above your ceiling is replaced and doesn't hold moister causing mold or mildew. Plus the roof, drywall/plaster, and paint damage would be cover as well because of the storm. I do a lot of work because of leaks like this and my bill for a small area of damage ranges from $100 to $500, that's just drywall replacement and doesn't include painting.

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Sep 07, 2010, 10:38 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
A prince

JAY

you are a PRINCE

That was the most timely and appropriate post you could have sent me.
Now I have something to "base" myself, although the man coming to help
me has done a whole main bathroom redo for us, when my wife was still
with us. A perfect PRO. with a reasonable price.....
still I heartily thank you

RICK

Praying for this darn DELUGE to pass and go away
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:29 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...yeah, call your insurance people for sure and get your house fixed.

As far as your "FAT" helicopter, I found out a 60aESC and the 3000mah 30c battery will handle it nicely in the 450 size, I'm thinking 4400kv motor here quickly, but stick with the 11T pinion (rhino...the steel ones). The 11T gives the proper headspeed and torque for the added weight of a scale fuselage running 325 blades.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Sep 08, 2010, 12:13 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Hey Bob's,

I just got a message on "Facebook" from, Jeff-Michael.

He's doing fine and hasn't been doing much lately with the helis. He's been just to busy, per say. He told me to say, "HI" to all. Oh, and "YIKES!" from both of us. (That's from me)

Dave
Old Sep 08, 2010, 02:34 AM
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Tip of the Day

If you purchase a Trex 450 Pro, EXI 450 Pro or a HK 450 Pro, the build is a little bit backwards than others(all have the same main frame).

You need to install the servos, install the servo horns, servo balls, and get them at 90 degrees, BEFORE you build the main frame. If you don't you're asking for some real headaches, and maybe a couple of beers to help the pain. If you ever have a problem with a cyclic servo, you almost have to disassemble the whole heli. YIKES almighty, more beer.

See attached photograph and pay special attention to the elevator servo.
It is mounted to the inside of the main shaft holder(thingie), and attention to the placement of the ball on that servo.

Hicup, Hicup, Hicup..... Darn beers... Need some Cheese Balls.

Dave
Thank you for your suggestion, it is nice of you!
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cici528 View Post
Thank you for your suggestion, it is nice of you!
Your welcome.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 07:12 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
I'm glad to be a help. I pray that rain the rain stops pouring in buckets and you get some good flying weather!

Dave,
Tell Jeff I said "Hi" and that we miss him.

Blessings All,

Jay
Old Sep 08, 2010, 07:28 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Dave,
Tell Jeff I said "Hi" and that we miss him.
Blessings All,
Jay
Jay,

Will do. Jeff just has a lot on his platter right now and busy as a one armed drywaller.

Not much going on here. Actually pretty darn slow.

Dave
Old Sep 08, 2010, 07:58 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Hughes latest

Mr. VIC

the HUGHES is operational again...! it yielded a VERY strong and balanced flight with all the UPGRADED equipment.
So here I made three pics. for your info and approval.
See the battery is now at 45C top of the line according to the Xpert.
see the 50 ESC, now even tied down with a small strap.
NOW the heli ramps up real smooth and lifts up with no hesitation. It will hold flight in any direction and really shows benefits from the upGrades. consequently the motor seems to be doing well, not quite sure what the pinion actually is but he said it is 11 ... (?)
even the LIGHTS shine a little brighter. After 8 minutes we removed the front end of the canopy and the motor was no longer hot, just tepid and available for touch. Not hot at all, actually.
for your approval, RICK
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:59 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Wow Rick!
That is top of the line Very cool!

I've been saying for at least two years now that I'm going to do a scaler fuse. I WILL build one this winter. I need to put my mind to it and do it. I can't fly 3D worth beans so it makes sense to fly something scale.

Dave,
"One armed drywaller" ... that is too funny but you wouldn't believe, and I didn't at first, that I am working with one. In truth he is missing his hand. He hangs drywall and even finishes. This guy has overcome his disability in amazing ways. I couldn't believe how awesome this guy does his job with just one hand. Very inspiring to say the least.

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
Old Sep 08, 2010, 10:16 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Dave,
"One armed drywaller" ... that is too funny but you wouldn't believe, and I didn't at first, that I am working with one. In truth he is missing his hand. He hangs drywall and even finishes. This guy has overcome his disability in amazing ways. I couldn't believe how awesome this guy does his job with just one hand. Very inspiring to say the least.
Blessings Y'all,
Jay
Jay,
I may have mentioned this a couple years ago. I have a nephew, that was involved in a motorcycle accident and is paralyze from the waist down.
His trade is a 'Roofer", his buddies haul him up to the roof and does his job and never complains, and does it well. It's amazing what people can do if they have the fortitude.
Bless ya,
Dave
Old Sep 09, 2010, 08:26 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LOL...you guys are way too funny "one armed dry waller". Even more "interesting", the guy you're working with having one hand. That's the REAL stuff there...GUTS...like the old days.

Rick....I LOVE what you did with the 500E, that's just too great. I am going to tell you that I think the 2200 (if I saw it right) 45c will work...for a while (you may go thru batteries faster because they'll just go bad). I think you MAY need to go 3000 (35-45c), but time will tell. I'm using 3000 30c, the motor and ESC get warm, but I think that MAY be an ESC issue, maybe motor too, but I think the 30c is big enough for what we are doing with these scalers. I've KNOWN I need to up the ESC, just haven't done it yet.

I had a lunch date today....she was very charming and CHATTY.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:20 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,213 Posts
Vic

You are going to have a tuff time With the boys when she gets older.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus