Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:40 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
That looks like a really cool event and sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Flying near those groups and guys would make me nervous as crap and my hands would be shaking something fierce. Sorry to hear about the 250.

Vic,
Glad you got tuning issue done. I've flown with plugs that you would think wouldn't even glow and others that looked perfect but wouldn't make the engine run.

Real,
I got the gears changed over without a hitch. I paid $20 out the door for them but I think it's well worth the fix. Now I can tail touch all day and just break other parts instead of the gears

I got a flew flights in this morning. I had to do a small repair on the $99 Edge after I cart wheeled her when I lost it in a low hover. I really love this little plane

I'm thinking I need to get a DX6 or 7 just so I can get one of those 120 SR's. That little sucker would be so much fun flying around the house

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Hot and windy as heck today. Sooooooo......I'm working on a project.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Hot and windy as heck today. Sooooooo......I'm working on a project.
I want to see the gull wing when your done
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:14 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,644 Posts
Ya know Jay.....I thought that looked very Corsair like...lol Looks good Vic

Man Ivan.......looks like a good time was had Bud.

Geeze Real.....the planes sweet....but the pizza drove me over the edge...lol All we had here was an order from Kentucky Fried Chicken of beaks and feet ( Regular Recipe) and some Skunk Pudding. :O)

Smackin' squirrel tails again huh Dave??

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Aug 15, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:28 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Ya know Jay.....I thought that looked very Corsair like...lol Looks good Vic

Man Ivan.......looks like a good time was had Bud.

Geeze Real.....the planes sweet....but the pizza drove me over the edge...lol All we had here was an order from Kentucky Fried Chicken of beaks and feet ( Regular Recipe) and some Skunk Pudding. :O)

Smackin' squirrel tails again huh Dave??

Barry
LOL...Jay and Barry, I can't get nuth'in by ya. That was a brand new still in the bag GWS cowel that's been in my parts drawer for over a year. I was gonna replace the one on my Corsair, but it just didn't really need replaced. Ya cant send it back, might as well find a use for it.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I hear crickets again.....another WINDY day for me.....didn't do anything except run the OS .40FP and the OS .46FXi, that .46 is smooooooth compared to the .40
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:34 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Vic,
It was very windy. I was working in St.Joesph today and we ate lunch at a spot over looking Lake Michigan. The waves were awesome... good 6 ft or more. That cold front came through and cleared up that crummy humidity we've been having. I would have flown tonight but I have another job going on and I didn't get home until 8:30.
It's been a while since we've been able to open the windows and enjoy the cool, fresh night air

I hope everyone has a great week with very little stress!

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Vic,
It was very windy. I was working in St.Joesph today and we ate lunch at a spot over looking Lake Michigan. The waves were awesome... good 6 ft or more. That cold front came through and cleared up that crummy humidity we've been having. I would have flown tonight but I have another job going on and I didn't get home until 8:30.
It's been a while since we've been able to open the windows and enjoy the cool, fresh night air

I hope everyone has a great week with very little stress!

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Jay...glad to see work holding up. Good that the humidity blew out but we could live without the gale force winds. Below is the Navy insignia for aircraft structural repairman (which is I). I'm really bored I guess. Wonder what's on the weather channel?
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Aug 17, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:39 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Well then...bout 7:30 tonight we got a decient drop in the wind. Decided to fly the 206 out back. Two good flights, nothing great, just flying it like a fixed wing. After the crash repairs, it flys and hovers good, but I'm still not happy with it. It's not as smooth as it was before the crash, so I'm gonna go through it again to see if I can isolate the problems. First check the head, then the tail and closely looking at all gears as well. I may find something I don't like. Just gotta go slow and think it all out.

Special note to Barry and all you other guys that know about Princess Leia. Seems she's found a new talent in ART. Her mom and dad call her "poop-casso". My son used to do the same thing at that age (terrible 2). I asked him "so hows it feel?".
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:48 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Special note to Barry and all you other guys that know about Princess Leia. Seems she's found a new talent in ART. Her mom and dad call her "poop-casso". My son used to do the same thing at that age (terrible 2). I asked him "so hows it feel?".
Vic,
LMAO! Leslie did the same thing. Most kids do. YUK!
Dave
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/g...ite-Will-Forte
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:48 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Oh No... that's not a good thing I hope that doesn't continue Good to hear you got some flights in. I'll take the wind and cool weather for right now. I need to get some LED's for night flying but then I'll have to stock up on the bug spray as well. How about that pie to Levin's face, LOL. No reason for that kind of crap but it did make me laugh.

Blessings,

Jay
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Oh No... that's not a good thing I hope that doesn't continue Good to hear you got some flights in. I'll take the wind and cool weather for right now. I need to get some LED's for night flying but then I'll have to stock up on the bug spray as well. How about that pie to Levin's face, LOL. No reason for that kind of crap but it did make me laugh.

Blessings,

Jay
I missed the pie in the face to Levin. I'm guessing that's a good sign that you've been in politics too long.

Poop-casso....well, I guess it IS worse than when she "buttered the beagle" with a tub of margerine. It wasn't just the dog either, every cupboard door, and she was butter head to toe. Must have took HOURS to clean that up...LMAO. PLUS she got a bath and the dog got a bath. It's simple really. If it gets QUIET...you better be finding her cause it's NOT good. I was watching her after she buttered the dog, she was at my place. It got quiet and I checked immediately, she HAD the butter tub, and a little on her fingers...that's where it ended cause I got to her in time.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
This guy's really enjoying the game tonight.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
This guy's really enjoying the game tonight.
Could he get a seat any further away?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
LOL!!! I recently had a run in with one of those. I had just finished installing a stroker motor in a customers car and was backing it out of the shop to burp the coolant system. When I got outside, I turned to look out the back door windows to make sure nobody was trying to pull in and about crapped myself when I saw it hanging out on the passenger rear window.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240