HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:22 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
It is true, two solid objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:33 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
HA!

Any news I hope those in charge get things done soon

Blessings,

Jay
Jay...just foot dragging and avoidance...that's what I hear.

9sec240...yes...two solid objects CAN exist in the same place...the results of that happening aren't real good though. MAN...I've seen close misses before but never seen a midair in all my years of flying. I've even seen planes just explode from stress 3ft off the deck moving as fast as the engine would take it but never a MIDAIR.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
It was crazy. We were the only two planes up. I came out of an Avalanche and at the bottom of the loop, I sliced the delta into four pieces. His battery took the large chunk out of my right wing and I went in nose first.

In the second picture, the spinner is BURIED in the dirt. I am bummed. That was a $250.00 crash.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:55 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
Wow That is a mess. Sorry to see the Extra in pieces. I dare say it is fixable but it wouldn't look the same. Ouch

If you looking for a good replacement for the same size I recommend the 3DHS 41" Edge 540. It is the next version of the one I just dirt napped today. I imagine you should be able to transfer all electric over to it and the airframe is just $99. I'm planing on buying a couple of them just to get silly with

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post15582263

It seems like all of us BOB's are in the same boat with breaking stuff. I guess that's showing what a tight knit group we have here

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:04 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Man...Ivan......ouch Bro..........not sure but didn't Einstien, or Newton figure out that statement. !!
Sorry Buddy.

Oh Jay.......man after my own heart.......seafood. Now I'm sure enough hungry....lol

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Ivan,
Wow That is a mess. Sorry to see the Extra in pieces. I dare say it is fixable but it wouldn't look the same. Ouch

If you looking for a good replacement for the same size I recommend the 3DHS 41" Edge 540. It is the next version of the one I just dirt napped today. I imagine you should be able to transfer all electric over to it and the airframe is just $99. I'm planing on buying a couple of them just to get silly with

It seems like all of us BOB's are in the same boat with breaking stuff. I guess that's showing what a tight knit group we have here

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Jay, thanks for the heads up on that plane. I will have to check that out.

The firewall is destroyed and only available with the fuse. I bet I could come up with something to replace it if I wanted. A new fuse is around $50. I have the chunks torn out of the wing that I could glue back in. One gear in an AIL servo is stripped and would need to be replaced. I am sure I could get it back into acceptable shape.

I had fun with the plane but I have been really disappointed with the silly issues with it. Every time I flew it, it needed to be trimmed. I think the foam was moving around. The roll with ELE was no fun. The horrible landings were really bothersome. I wish I would have had a chance to get flaperons working to see if that would have helped slow it down enough to land well.

Maybe it is just time to get a real plane instead of a toy.

Maybe the BOBs are becoming like women that hang out together that end up on the same "cycle"... they all get crabby at the same time of the month.. we all crash together. LOL.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Ivan,

God Bless Y'all!

Jay
Knock on wood...I haven't had MUCH problems. I did smack my Corsair up, totally my fault but had it back in the air in less than 2 hours. The Uproar and the Bell-206 are hanging in there strong. Flew the 206 3x tonight, didn't even do a back flip. Just scale flight in pattern, some auto-rotations, a little nose in, nothing real fancy at all. Had 3 good flights for tonight...time to look that 206 over, found a cracked skid strut tonight, nothing serious. Probibily happened when I had that hard landing that stripped the gear for the tail drive. I KNOW....boring stuff
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I had some great flights today. I am trying to dial in my keychain cameras. The one I have posted all the videos with is the one I got from a buddy. That thing rocks. It is a version 3. The other one I got from Hobby City. It is a version 7 and does not rock. The sound is horrible and the video is still quite choppy even with the new class 4 SD card I got yesterday. There is supposedly a reflash that will cut FPS from 30 down to 20 which is supposed to stop the dropped frames. I will have to research that a bit more here http://chucklohr.com/808/

I got three flights on the Extra at lunch and then three more flights after work. I also got the T250 and the Gaui 500 up and worked on inverted hovering.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:13 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Hi guys,
Been a while.
Just a quick update.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=5
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:50 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hi guys,
Been a while.
Just a quick update.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=5
Jim
Quite an arsenal of rockets....
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:54 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
Got my key chain cam and lipo for receiver on the mxs yesterday (the lipo in the pic is for my foamies 500mah 2s for size reference). Probably get some video during the weekend with the new cam. Grilled up some t bone steaks in the evening,been wanting to use an old power set up in something but dont really have anything thats the right size for it currently and didnt feel like making a big pink foamy.. so i just redid the mount on one of the epp planes.. 250+ watts in 17 ounces of foam should have some kick!
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2010, 02:30 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Kind of glad I haven't been flying lately seeing all the rough patches all of you have gone through

Ivan- that just totally sucks. Been close to mid airs before but never had one. Sorry it didn't turn out well for you.

Kyle- That's odd to see a new Rx battery go dead but suppose it could happen. I'd be calling the vendor on it if I were in your shoes.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:46 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Man bad luck runs in three's, hope I didnt start some new trend here.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Kind of glad I haven't been flying lately seeing all the rough patches all of you have gone through

Ivan- that just totally sucks. Been close to mid airs before but never had one. Sorry it didn't turn out well for you.

Kyle- That's odd to see a new Rx battery go dead but suppose it could happen. I'd be calling the vendor on it if I were in your shoes.

Jim
Jim

Im thinking of switching my regulator out and gettin rid of the Align 2n1, but the glow start is nice.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Flew the Uproar once today...had to trim it in but inverted flight was hands off and I had a ball.

Just got back from flying the 206 (2 packs). I wrung 'er out. Lots of high speed stuff with backflips thrown in. Some nose in, and more screaming full bore across the field....I was really connected in that sense. I didn't have a warm and fuzzy about inverted or doing rolls, so I just didn't do it. I wanted to, but something kept telling me not to push it tonight. SOMETIMES...it's better to listen to that little guy talking in your ear (don't do it stupid....).