HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:15 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
I'm going to order the 720 ones. I like the video quality and the price is perfect

Thanks Guys!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:05 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Did anyone look at that "Corona FunCopter"? I went to the website and watched the video and viewed the manual. What a frigg'in PILE for $400...JEEBUS!. For $400...you can build up an AWSOME 450 with a shaft driven tail. Ain't marketing great?
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jul 18, 2010, 05:40 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Checkin' in again...

Nothing fancy to report, but the Rustler VXL sure hauls some butt with a 3S lipo in it. Wheelies galore.

Real,

I watched your videos, the Duratrax Evader bashing was cool, but I'm like Rick, didn't like the music, I turned that crap off. Must be an old guy thing.
The Dual Perspective video was cool too, I see you use a lot more rudder control than Ivan does. On the RC Cars, I'm doing pretty good for a noobie,
flipped it once (before wheelie bar) and ran smack dab into the neighbors mail box post. No damage, these suckers are tuff.

Jim/Wnuk,
The "Wings Full of Wishes" video was great and a very worthy event.
You can't teach an "Old Dog" new tricks. Besides, I don't know exactly where Real lives to teach me to drive. Beer and Cheese balls for breakfast, doesn't sound to good, beer and pizza is a different story. My favorite is "Steak and Eggs". Medium Rare and over easy.

Jay/Radio Dude
I'm thinking I will have to get one of the key chain cams too, I liked the 720 also, I'll have to FINALLY take the plunge on one. With all the fancy grilling you do, you must live in the dark ages. Bacon "anything" is great. Liz always saves the grease and makes wonderful salads with it. Speaking of grilling out, I don't have one right now. Last time we grilled out, I borrowed the neighbors, How cheap is that????

Ivan,

Yep, still bored, but keeping busy with project inside and outside the house.
I almost got dizzy watching your second video, but it was wonderful. With the tail videos, it's like living in the past, you know where you've been, but don't know where you're going! What????

Kyle,

I had a gut feeling it was a RC Car that was one of your projects, just not nitro. The HBFP heli, caught me off guard for sure, I was anticipating a plank.
Have you got your 200 amp service finished for the house yet? Just curious.

Rick,
The Walkera video was cool, you were doing great until the end. That sucker missed ya by about 2 feet or so. Oh, and your background music, I didn't like that either. Opera never hit it for me, sounds like someone screaming. I prefer Mozart or Gershwin. Personal preference is all.

Vic,
HA! Double HA! That "Corona Funcopter" sucks for sure. 400 bucks for a FP and the basic one doesn't come with a TX. You're right, "Marketing" all the way. I don't buy into that crap at all, never did, never will.

My fingers are tired and I need a Barley Pop, say "Goodnight Rick".

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:02 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
hahaha.......I was just gonna ask you if you've made it through the Liz withdrawls there Dave

Rick, Ivan, enjoyed the vids.....man sure hated to see Rick,s bird get bent....but it was good up to then!

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Jul 18, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
hahaha.......I was just gonna ask you if you've made it through the Liz withdrawls there Dave
Barry
Barry,

You rascal you. It's only day 2 without her. Kind of fun now, but day 4 or 5, I'll get lonely without her. We are the soul mates. We even take out the garbage together. 35 years of trash hauling. LMAO!

Dave
Old Jul 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
lol.....yes Sir......I can truly relate....Tee and I are the same too....course she'd probably like to have a break from me....LOL

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Jul 18, 2010, 07:34 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
lol.....yes Sir......I can truly relate....Tee and I are the same too....course she'd probably like to have a break from me....LOL

Barry
Give Tee a hug from me, and get your butt out of the house once in awhile and give her some space.

Dave
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:31 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Got one ordered.

Name Code Qty Each Options
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mini Key Chain Hidden 72P-808H-CarKey 1 29.70
Camera Video Recorder
Subtotal 29.70
Shipping 4.95
Tax 0.00
Total 34.65
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:41 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post

35 years of trash hauling. LMAO!

Dave
Ha! That's what Rhonda would say and it's just been 7 yrs. You and Liz have a great thing

I flew my 40" Edge in the wind today. It was gusting bad but I couldn't resist
At one point I thought I was going to have to make an order for another but some how I got the nose pointed past the horizon and I nailed the throttle Both landings were crazy but I had a lot of fun

Y'all have a great week and remember to have fun no matter what happens...

Smile and laugh

Jay
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:15 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
9sec240,the onboard cam picks up subtle things you dont notice much from the ground while flying,with the onboard cam you see how much the plane really gets blown around and the corrections etc,or the jerky thumbs of the pilot on the sticks .

1Radioflyer,yeah the balsa flying is starting to come back.. finally figured out how to land a balsa plane a little better,bad habit hand catching the foamies all the time.. i forgot how to land a plane . The plane is getting better and better,im getting more use to flying balsa again and once i get the new outrunner there should be plenty of reserve power to mess around low with the plane more than i have as well.

Video from today in the morning,i can probably squeeze 8+ minute flights like this,have to set the timer for an extra minute atleast.

Slipstream 26% MXS Dual Perspective Video #2 (7 min 11 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:33 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
9sec240,the onboard cam picks up subtle things you dont notice much from the ground while flying,with the onboard cam you see how much the plane really gets blown around and the corrections etc,or the jerky thumbs of the pilot on the sticks .

1Radioflyer,yeah the balsa flying is starting to come back.. finally figured out how to land a balsa plane a little better,bad habit hand catching the foamies all the time.. i forgot how to land a plane . The plane is getting better and better,im getting more use to flying balsa again and once i get the new outrunner there should be plenty of reserve power to mess around low with the plane more than i have as well.

Video from today in the morning,i can probably squeeze 8+ minute flights like this,have to set the timer for an extra minute atleast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIT8BRhVJGw
Very well done Great flight!

Blessings,

Jay
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:56 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
I think id have as much fun with one of these as a edge 540 or extra.. a lot more practical to.

EAA's Coverage of the 2010 Valdez STOL Competition (5 min 14 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
congratulations GETREAL. that is one good flight, but even better photography and FILM mixing it up.
I appreciate the flying, I "used" to fly like that...:-(
you are making me want to get out and DO the filming I can do with all my equipment. So :
your film is an inspiration...
how were you able to MUFFLE the loud sound of the engine, out of the recorder ?
one can tell the sound is loud, but rather squelched in the film.
Sound is the one factor that worries me for when I carry the glider with the camera on top of the carrier which runs a .65 2stroke, very very loud. May even ruin the film, huh?
RICK
RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:16 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the video. The sound wasnt muffled quite enough for the onboard clips but i didnt want to take longer than a half hour to get the video done(about how long my vids take to get done usually). Ideally the ambient sound would be about the same volume as the onboard so you dont get the sudden ear blasting when the view switches to the onboard after the ground view.

First edit the onboard video in raw form and turn down the volume quite a bit to muffle it in the video editing software.. i use windows movie maker usually and thats what i used for this video since it wasnt from the hd cam. By lowering the volume of the onboard video prior to adding the ground footage you can make the overall sound equal in volume of the video from both cameras or just slightly higher than the ambient sounds from the ground camera. I agree lots of the onboard videos out there the sound is just picked up way to loud by the small onboard cams and sound much better at a lower level.. especially if you mix in video from the ground or another camera persons perspective of the flight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:29 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Did anyone look at that "Corona FunCopter"? I went to the website and watched the video and viewed the manual. What a frigg'in PILE for $400...JEEBUS!. For $400...you can build up an AWSOME 450 with a shaft driven tail. Ain't marketing great?
LOL... My very first helicopter was the LMH Corona 120 about 9 years ago. I probably had around $2000 into it RTF.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240