Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:39 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
StCalvin- thanks for joining us here. Why not become involved with the group instead of just being a reader? We're an easy going bunch who like to talk RC and all thing really.

Just out of curiosity, why do you suggest moving here would be a regret?

Jim
Jim,

PLUS +1,
StCalvin, I respect your opinion. But I would also ask... what you opinion of our error stems from?
As I said at the head of this response, +1 means I agree with Old Jim, please come join us..........become a contributor to our little group. New blood, new ideas, new ways of doing things, new stories...........please come on-board.

John JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:05 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Jim,

PLUS +1,
StCalvin, I respect your opinion. But I would also ask... what you opinion of our error stems from?
As I said at the head of this response, +1 means I agree with Old Jim, please come join us..........become a contributor to our little group. New blood, new ideas, new ways of doing things, new stories...........please come on-board.

John JPEE
ST Calvin,

Plus +2, with JPEE and WNUK. Hop aboard, with your ideas, questions or just plan old camaraderie. Look at it as moving from one state to another, with new adventures and such. I still venture back to RCU on occasions and see what going on, but not the old Weee Thread. The Band of Brothers has moved here. Most of us has been together almost 4 years now. But anyone is welcome.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:43 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
The many roads this thread branches off to:

isn't INTERESTING how many ways this thread branches off in un-expected ways ! now we receive a visitor who offers his own opinion about it; I am not able to figure out if it is a "favorable" commentary or a dire prediction of failure (?),,, here I found an old 3 minutes of the moment I finalized setting up the mSR for more "performance" by switching the connectors around to the longer attachment points. I don't remember if I posted it....if I repeat myself : apologies and blame Mr. Al Heymers
ps. the mSR flies just as well right now :
m-SR AFTER CONNEX.CHANGES FIRST FLIGHT (3 min 51 sec)

take out the PopCorn ! movie time

I SUGGEST CLICKING ON THE TINY FLOWER/STAR ICON BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE SCREEN FOR A FULL SCREEN VIEW
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 24, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:25 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
You,...... ahhhhh missed the table I loved the vid Rick. Your smile was like that of a youngster playing with his favorite toy.

Dave,
I'm very sorry to hear of Your Mother-in-law's passing. Not being great with words and extremely second guessing my ability to read and comprehend at this point, The other BOBs have expressed the same feelings as I have. Truly sorry.

StCalvin,
I'm also interested in why this move would be a step backwards?

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:42 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Bob's,

Thanks to all for your kind words on Liz's Mom passing. Greatly, appreciated.

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:44 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

You're still the Man, and truely, it's obvious you love the hobby. Great video BTW.
My daughter, Lisa, loves the popcorn and choclate milk at night. What's with the milk thing?

I see you had the Rapor on the End Table, which by the way is gorgeous.

Later,
Dave
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:47 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Rick- Was that your lady friend playing the piano in the background?? Excellent video, as always. Looks like you got it dialed in very nicely. I too enjoyed seeing the Raptor on the table next to you. When I first looked at the video it surprized me thinking that's what you were going to fly because the SR was dwarfed by it!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:38 PM
Joined Apr 2009
65 Posts
JPEE- Congrats on the new 'Award'!

Vic - Hope things go well with the doc.

Dave - My condolences to you and yours.

Rick - Nice work with getting the tiny cameras up and going, good luck with vibrations!

J-Michael - ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME we see you!

Hope you all and the rest are doing well as I write this. Need to start 'making' time for this hobby, and it's always hard for me to do. But at least I'm making progress at home and not just work. Getting rid of 12 computer cases, 18 motherboards, 25+ video/sound/network cards, bags of cables and power plugs, transformers, network cable, sound cables, two laptops, a monitor, and more...

10+ years of being a computer geek / tech-hoarder has just become too much. I can now actually see my bedroom floor again.

Got some pics of Pops and his new adventure, will post them in a few days... and God help us all when he flies it. *shudder* :P

Take care, all!
erkrystof is offline Find More Posts by erkrystof
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:42 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
JANUARY 5th, 2007 Kent, Washington State
Itís very early on this cold winter morning. A young man feels he needs to share his excitement with his new RC hobby : an electric Helicopter ! and so he begins to share
his passion starting a thread.he signs as ARROWNAUGHTIC. Soon, there is a response. Then another and more follow.Men from all walks of life begin to join in, from all over the country. They are all taken up with this new challenge : to fly a radio controlled helicopter.
After 3 whole years and 3 months most of the respondents have banded together in the exchange. Now they share other RC interests, help and guide all around.
They call themselves a BAND OF BROTHERS
You are welcomed to join them, with open arms. They help, they advise, they exchange information and feel that you will feel very comfortable in this group.

WELCOME

BARRRICK
Hi guys,
Is it too late to "join" this "Band of Brothers"?
I like this idea. We have a similar thread going in the coaxial section.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:47 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hi guys,
Jim
No come on in. Just a group of friends here.

Bob's do we need a application form for new members LOL JK

Quote:
You are welcomed to join them, with open arms
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:56 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hi guys,
Jim
Jim,

Come on in a get your feet wet. Any questions, or things to share, always feel free. I see your location: Outskirts of Chicago. I was originally from the Outskirts of Chicago too. Gary, Indiana,,, a nice place to be from. LOL!

Dave
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:02 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Welcome aboard stamp. The door is always open. Why not tell us a bit about yourself and your interest in the hobby? We love to share ideas with each other so feel free to chime in when you 'd like.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Welcome Jim! I'm just North and East of you up in Portage, next to Kalamazoo.

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:19 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
HELLO STAMP : Welcome to the group.
I am the senior member and have been involved "not quite from the beginning" but very soon after that. We banded (or bonded) around the original CP electric helicopters. It was MUCHO fun sharing our first efforts at hovering a CP for longer than just seconds. So we shared, camcorded, and mostly fumbled onwards and upwards. We are now all at different levels of flying ability with the helis. We branched off and away from the CP's and went through HBK s...then TREX (a lot of time with those and too much fun) then moved on for some who are talking about E 600 etc....so: WELCOME and let us know
about YOUR OWN fun style.......RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Stamps blog

Hello Stamp,

Welcome home, put on your slippers and join in.

I see you have over 1,800 posts here are RC Group, impressive and it appears you have a website and are a pro seller too.

Let us know what you fly and your interests as Jim said. We just sit by the campfire and tell stories about helis, planks, and family here.

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee