HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:43 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post

AS IT TURNS OUT : the top CNC ADDITION (the blade grips) - which have a stem with a ball on the end [on both sides] to which the FlyBar is connected; is faulty. The stem of the ball is just a press fit into the aluminum of the grips. This whole stem was progressively falling out until when it did the helicopter plummeted down to the ground. Once I found that, thinking it was a screw- on attachment ( NOT ! )-I pressed it back in.The head is rounded off and has no slot for either a reg. or a Phillips driver.
Now the heli is solid in a hover with very small drifting motions all around.
I believe that once the MD500 plastic fuse surrounds the frame, the flight will settle in to be just perfect. It is now slightly (very slight) tail heavy.
Y'ALLS suggestions about the FlyBar made me check the new one I just installed. Visually (can't find the Caliper yet) I would guess that it is a wee bit shorter on one side. I intend to verify this with a caliper.
thanks for READING this ole man's wasting drivel

RICK

<(drivel = stupid or senseless talk )>
Rick,

Glad ya found the problem with the mSR, great news there.

There's no Drivel, when asking questions, ya hear.

Say, goodnight Rick...

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:51 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Raven Attacks Sail Plane!

The guys at bigsquidrc posted this up today,its funny because ive had a hawk investigate my 3d planes before and started a dog fight and last summer at a bash with the bigsquid dudes a hawk went after one of there rc cars,this video of the raven is the best video ive seen that captures several strikes close up with onboard video .

Nasty CROW strikes Speedo thermo.avi (4 min 58 sec)

''Bashing'' In Berwyn (4 min 39 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:19 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
Glad to hear you got that problem nailed down. I hope it's not an issue that will loosen it's self again.

Dave,
That shooter is awesome Lot's of talent and lots of practice. You have to have both. Shooting a moving target is so much harder than a still target. I never release an arrow at a moving deer. To much at stake and no need to wound. Besides I don't have that kind of talent with my bow

Real,
That attack video is crazy! That little sucker took down that glider Cool video with the hawk too. I LOL about the poking the eye out Too funny

Y'all have a great week and remember to take some time for yourself to relax and enjoy the day. It's a great time of year to step outside and enjoy nature

God Bless BOB's,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:26 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
The new fun

Hi guys,
My son got 4 rockets for his B Day.
Here is the first one we built.
Very nice time.
Jim

Edit: Here's what I got for my B Day - - NIIICE
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Last edited by Stamp; Jun 14, 2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:39 AM
Joined Apr 2009
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hi guys,
My son got 4 rockets for his B Day.
Here is the first one we built.
Very nice time.
Jim

Edit: Here's what I got for my B Day - - NIIICE
Haha, two ways to get up and out! Happy Birthday, Stamp!

Jay, love the squirrel action. My father competes with compound bows, and I occasionally enter the tick-infested areas to shoot with him. Good stuff!

Thanks for the compliments on the previous interview, gentlemen. The Q&A with Bill will be nothing but me introducing him though, so that will be pretty darn easy, so it's really all on him answering any questions that come up. I'm just running the camera.

Now, Tuesday at 6PM CST, I have another Finless interview, I'll try and take your advice and work on the nerves :P

Take care, all!
erkrystof is offline Find More Posts by erkrystof
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:48 AM
Oops!
United States, CO, Florence
Joined Apr 2010
374 Posts
For some reason I cannot fly my msr outside. I've tried and tried but I almost always break something! I can fly ok inside, just not outside. My CP Pro is very hard to handle for me, unless it is windy!? Go figure. I think GOD is making the wind help me out (making up for my bad wiring (MS) maybe? At my skill level I should crash that squirlly thing every time I spool it up but nope, as long as the wind is blowing I do fine.
beevous80002 is offline Find More Posts by beevous80002
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:39 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Had a lot of fun running cars sunday and flew a foamie around the track to.

HobbyTown USA Orland Track! (7 min 17 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:04 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
The bird attacking the glider...priceless. I THOUGHT they would when they chase my planks and helicopter. Jay....that's funny messing with a squirrel like that. It also confirms my suspicion...you got too much free time on your hands.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:53 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Real,

I watched all the videos, the Raven was pretty cool, best one I've ever seen like that,too. The "Bashing" in Berwyn, I can see I've got a lot to learn watching this one. And the Hobbytown @ Orland Track was just to much fun to watch, those guys were realing banging around. Towards the end when you were flying, there were a few laps you were kickin' butt.

Stamp,

Loved the son's B-Day rockets, looks like some fun for sure. And when you get home you could have a bevearage or two.

See my B-day present.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Real and/or Stamp,

Quick question on temperatures of motor, ESC and battery. Are the following temperatures acceptable?

Here's what I did and the results. I had a 12 minute run. Up and down the street and some occassional runs through the neighbors lawns across the street. Man this thing is quick out of the box with the supplied 7 cell bat. In 4 seconds, it was getting a little to small for me to keep orientation going down the street at full throttle.

Battery was 100 degrees.
ESC was 90 degrees.
Motor was 136 degrees.

Ambient temperature was 88 degrees. I'm thinking the motor a little high, because of going through some tall grass in the yards.

Thanks,
Dave
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:08 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Off Topic

This is the type of man, I'd give my right arm for. An ex Marine and a great American. Please take a couple minutes to hear him sing.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/culture/...rowd-tea-party
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:14 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Stamp or Real,

Another quick and easy question(s) for youz guyz.

As you know, this little bad boy (Rustler) has reverse.

I hesitate to use it, unless the car is at a dead stand still. Is there a safe speed, so to speak, that reverse can be applied without stripping the pinion and/or spur gear? Also, could this damage the motor doing it at speed?

Once I get it up to speed, it seems to coast forever when I release the trigger and let slip into neutral.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:08 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Real,

I watched all the videos, the Raven was pretty cool, best one I've ever seen like that,too. The "Bashing" in Berwyn, I can see I've got a lot to learn watching this one. And the Hobbytown @ Orland Track was just to much fun to watch, those guys were realing banging around. Towards the end when you were flying, there were a few laps you were kickin' butt.

Stamp,

Loved the son's B-Day rockets, looks like some fun for sure. And when you get home you could have a bevearage or two.

See my B-day present.
Hey...we got the same thing!!!! How cool is that? Not only that, it's also what I'm getting for fathers day....LMAO.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:16 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Those temps are fine,not very hard on the gear at all. The motors specs are usually for temps of up to 200 max but i stay around the 170s or less and thats during warmer summer months,the external temp is cooler than the internal temps of the rotor etc. 200 or above with the current motor materials and youll probally need to buy a new motor or notice quite a loss in performance if the motor keeps going beyond 200,seen this first hand at the track with a buddy,it was strange.. we were running then i went to the pits after maybe 15 minutes during practice at the track then he came in and said he had the power stop and had nothing on throttle and the motor was the same one i had(same kv on same cell count in same car, slash). I felt the motor and it was REALLY hot,temped at 220 degrees or so.. made no sense so i looked over everything on his truck to see if anything was out of whack,no binding in the drive train,gearing was a little lower than my truck and i was geared a little higher and running 150 or 160(was quite a while back id have to check)slipper was fine etc. His motor was done,even after it cooled it wouldnt drive the truck at all.

On reverse.. most esc's have a delay and when you apply brakes you wont go into reverse accidently(older esc's could)new ones have the lock out and delay features though. The slipper will prevent damage even if your rolling at high speeds and reverse is some how used,its actually less hard on the drive train than launching hard forward because of weight transfer and the suspension unloading and the rear wanting to raise up under breaking and skidding rather than planting the power going forward and getting lots of traction,youll spin the tires a lot easier in reverse,I set reverse for about 50% max for speed. Brushless motors unlike brushed motors dont have a comm and brushes that contact each other so they dont care which way the turn and theres no abnormal wear that could limit performance from the motors direction of rotation or using reverse.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
GetReal....He was asking about slamming the vehicle in reverse while going forward. When me and the son was running an RC10T with brushed motor, we'd slam it into reverse to keep from hitting stuff or to pop a wheelie, or just spin it around. I knew it wasn't good on the gears to do it, we did it anyway. I guess with a brushless motor having brakes, it would be different. His question is....if he slams it into reverse from a forward motion, will it damage anything? I would think with todays protections...it don't hurt to slam it into reverse....right?

Vic