Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 01:58 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
i installed a Bimini Top on my Boat today....do you know how scary it is to drill holes into a fiberglass boat ???
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 06, 2010, 02:05 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
I cracked a drill bit making holes in some aluminum flat stock for a motor mount last year.. yep it slipped and went right into my foot near my big toe and i was barefoot kneeling putting to much pressure on the drill to go through the aluminum in a hurry,didnt have any stitching stuff so butterfly tape and ca.. took forever to heal and left nice scar but the tendoins ended up being ok. By now i should of bought a drill press for working with aluminum for parts but i havent yet .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 02:13 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
duct tape is good for those situations also i always have a roll in my truck, in case i break an arm or other body part
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 06, 2010, 07:10 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
MXS Like I Ordered!

It would be cool to make a video of the mxs when it gets here like the fullscale one,ordered the same color scheme as the one in the video. I plan on running onboard cams in it and with a 72'' wingspan the plane will be able to carry a couple small ones easily.

MXS Aerobatic Aircraft Demo (4 min 39 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 07:28 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Dave
The wind here does suck almost never stops. I have thought of getting a ground vehicle afew time I know I have enuff land to run on.

Real
About the names yeah Dave's old and forgetful why do you think he has so many ppl to do his work for him like Icepick Willie
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Jun 06, 2010, 07:40 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
ElyQ had offered a upgrade kit for people who bought a Vision 50 Ultimate last year. They ran into production problems, distributing problems, communication problems you name it they had problems with it. Because of the they lost afew distributors and alot of customer. Well last month the announced that the kits are done and addressed all their previous problems. I received my kit last friday, The original upgrade kit was the new ball links, drive gear pinion, clutch liner, tail rotor hub. Because of all the delays and problems ElyQ also sent with the kits a new cnc lower third bearing block and extended main shaft. I spent allitle time Saturday installing the main shaft and bearing block. Now I just have to wait for this Indiana weather to pass
Old Jun 06, 2010, 09:58 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Talk about a bunch of Chatty Cathy's! Or Bills, Freds, Jeromes, etc....!

Jay- No Pocono for me today. Just not enough time. Track is 45 minutes from me house. Hoping for the August race there.

Wind and rain make a bad flying forecast. Think I'll take up RC trucks instead

Stamp- No need for nerves, Flyers in 7. See, now you know the outcome. Don't ya hate spoilers??

KCinNC welcome to the nuthouse.

Carry on men!

Jim (real name, not the one the old man calls me )
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Jun 06, 2010, 01:39 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
i installed a Bimini Top on my Boat today....do you know how scary it is to drill holes into a fiberglass boat ???
I know exactly what you mean. I measure three or four times before doing stuff like that. It takes more than a little Spackle to fix those holes

Real,
That 72"er is going to be awesome! I can't wait for video. That guy was lucky as heck to have saved that plane!!! Amazing video.

Dave,
Sweet buy! Your going to have some fun

Me,
I was out running my Rustler today, ( 3 tanks through ) And I hear this loud rumbling. I live in the path of Battle Creek/ Kalamazoo international airport runway 35, less than 2 miles. All of a sudden I see a C-17 Globemaster going directly over my house. It was soooooooo cool!
Obama is in town today to give the commencement speech to the 2010 Kalamazoo Central Graduates. The C-17 is the support aircraft that carries the Presidential motorcade vehicles and other support stuff. Did I mention how stinking cool it was

Blessings All!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jun 06, 2010, 01:43 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Thank god he is out of our town this weekend. Last weekend there was no flying within 30 miles of down town Chicago due to him.

Are you affected by any TFRs?
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 06, 2010, 02:49 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
I don't think I'll be affected by his "Visit" unlike all of those graduates that will be sucked in by his speech. They'll probably be scared for life especially if they believe what he has to say

I would imagine the flight rules will be the same. I have to work anyway down near South Bend, IN.

Blessings,

Jay
Old Jun 06, 2010, 03:24 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Vision with new pipe in strong winds

CY MP5.wmv (5 min 42 sec)
Old Jun 06, 2010, 03:42 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Nice Job Me

She sounds great and looks great, too! You'd think that with all of that smoke you wouldn't be pestered by those gnats Wunk must have sent them to you!

That camera takes great video and nice job with that hat cam

Blessings,

Jay
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:31 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
My heli motor burned up, and it picked a GREAT time to do it...weather is crappy. I'll have a new motor in a couple days so no biggie. I got a ton of miles and smiles out of the last one, so I bought another just like it (HDX300 3800kv). I think that inverted flight just scared the motor to death...almost did me. If the wind drops some this evening....I'll put the Uproar .40 up cause I'm BORED and weather is garbage. At least both properties are mowed and I don't have to worry about that for a few days. It's even too crappy to go fishing.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:44 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Very nice time today

Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
We sure did
BBQ and trucks of course.
Jim

Rustler Evening Drive (1 min 16 sec)

Burgers: medium rare of course Booyakasha!
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp