Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:14 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Wnuk and Stamp,

Here we go again, more Sports Crap. LMFAO!

Sincerely,

Dave
Your talking Trucks

I was checking a honey do list item off of the list today. I did some drywall in our kitchen and I was priming/painting today. One more coat and I'm done... with that one any way

Jim,
Are you headed to Pocono tomorrow?

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Jun 05, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:26 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,998 Posts
Choppersrule,its difficult to suggest what car or truck etc would suit someone best that hasnt run cars,similar to what plane do i get or what heli even though there are some that are well agreed upon by most for first steps based on area of use and price point. Best bet is to try youtube and look at videos of cars in the criteria and price range your interested in and see some real world use. The traxxas stuff is really on the mark for ease of getting into rc cars and complete with good parts back up at just about any hobby shop,like any other rc stuff you want good parts back up availability and hop up parts from after market manufacturers to bling it out or make it faster or perform better etc. For monster truck style rc cars yes,roll overs and bouncing and flipping off jumps and in turns is pretty common with bigger tires and high centered chassis type rc cars(there not the best handling).. something like a revo is inbetween a regular monster truck style rc car and truggy. I like amainhobbies for car stuff at really good prices and they have coupons if your gonna order online and not buy locally. If i had to choose between the two rustlers i would go with the vxl.. us rc aircraft guys have been enjoying brushless power and lipos for years but the performance and ease of use and little to no maintenance is relatively new to rc cars in the past few years.. night and day compared to brushed motors and nimh packs when it comes to performance and run time. BTW whos Lee? Maybe im confused with replys .
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:32 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay,

Gotta love the "Honey Do List", ya, right. As far as talking Trucks, I'm really looking forward to the new venture. Indiana sucks, whoops, blows with wind. LMAO!

My project here in a couple months, is totally redo the master bedroom and attached bathroom. NOT LOOKING forward to that, at all.

Bless ya and tell Rhonda I say "Hi",

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Your talking Trucks

I was checking a honey do list item off of the list today. I did some drywall in our kitchen and I was priming/painting today. One more coat and I'm done... with that one any way
Blessings,

Jay
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:35 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
beevous80002~ Lee

Get Real~ Bill

We'll all get all the names straighten out eventually It's good to more friends aboard!

Dave,
That list never ends I just try to knock it down one item at a time

I'm headed down to the cave to re-CA the tires on the Nitro Ruster and charge the pack. It's something I've wanted to do for a while and now you guys have me wanting to drive

Blessings,

Jay
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:38 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Thanks Jay, it's just that I'm an old LMAO! I'll have to jot that down, if I don't forget.

You can thank me later for getting the Nitro Ruster going again. Part of my big game plan.
Dave

Quote:
beevous80002~ Lee

Get Real~ Bill

We'll get all the names straighten out eventually

I'm headed down to the cave to re-CA the tires on the Nitro Ruster and charge the pack. It's something I've wanted to do for a while and now you guys have me wanting to drive

Blessings,

Jay
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:40 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ha!

You crack me up Steve
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:46 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay,

I caught that and fixed it, LMAO! If I didn't love ya, I'd send Icepick up there to shank you like he did Ivan. Ya gotta love the old guys. Whoops again, that's me.

Dave

Quote:
Ha!

You crack me up Steve
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:59 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,998 Posts
Rc cars are cool,when its to windy or its raining etc and the elements dont want you to fly the cars are fun,wind does knock the cars around a little though if your going for big air but nothing like it throws around planes.

Cant Do This With Planes And Helis And Laugh About It .

Traxxas Slash Demolition Derby ! (3 min 56 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:00 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I suggest we just make it a requirement to put your name at the end of your posts.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:01 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Oops....

Ivan
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Bill, Bill, Bill,

Totally my fault with the names, excuse me. But I am a senior citizen. LMAO!
I got it now, Bill. Hope I don't forget by the next post.

Back to business...

I really appreciate all your comments and words of wisdom on the new venture for me. I certainly remember all the "brushed motor" headaches for sure. Brushless is the only way to go, regardless of the vehicle or aircraft.
I have watched several videos on youtube tonight. I'm one of those digger guys. I think for my style and application, I'm going to go with with the Rustler VXL. I'll check Amainhobbies and UltimateHobbies and see the price difference. May check my LHS too, but they pretty much SUCK, with everything.

Again Bill, thanks so much for all your help,

Call me Dave and or DipStick,

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Choppersrule,its difficult to suggest what car or truck etc would suit someone best that hasnt run cars,similar to what plane do i get or what heli even though there are some that are well agreed upon by most for first steps based on area of use and price point. Best bet is to try youtube and look at videos of cars in the criteria and price range your interested in and see some real world use. The traxxas stuff is really on the mark for ease of getting into rc cars and complete with good parts back up at just about any hobby shop,like any other rc stuff you want good parts back up availability and hop up parts from after market manufacturers to bling it out or make it faster or perform better etc. For monster truck style rc cars yes,roll overs and bouncing and flipping off jumps and in turns is pretty common with bigger tires and high centered chassis type rc cars(there not the best handling).. something like a revo is inbetween a regular monster truck style rc car and truggy. I like amainhobbies for car stuff at really good prices and they have coupons if your gonna order online and not buy locally. If i had to choose between the two rustlers i would go with the vxl.. us rc aircraft guys have been enjoying brushless power and lipos for years but the performance and ease of use and little to no maintenance is relatively new to rc cars in the past few years.. night and day compared to brushed motors and nimh packs when it comes to performance and run time. BTW whos Lee? Maybe im confused with replys .
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:05 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,998 Posts
Real works fine . Glad my perspective was helpful,its just like aircraft.. theres lots of choices and price ranges and instead of flight characteristics its handling characteristics with cars.

<--- Real .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:06 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
That's awesome Real! That one guy had break lights

Dang Ivan... I was going to call you out on that

I took some picks of my Rustler. I'm going to see if she'll run for me tomorrow, rain or shine

Blessing all!

Bruce
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Benny,

That would really help me ALOT.

You guys rock,

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
I suggest we just make it a requirement to put your name at the end of your posts.
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:10 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Got ya BILL,

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Real works fine . Glad my perspective was
helpful,its just like aircraft.. theres lots of choices and price ranges and instead of flight characteristics its handling characteristics with cars.

<--- Real .