SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:10 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
MINI MICRO .07oz FULL FUNCTION CAMCORDER

WISH YOU ALL COULD ACTUALLY SEE AND FEEL THIS CAMCORDER.
Two pictures will have to suffice.
One, in my hand, hardly feel there's anything in my hand. !
two, on the left skid of the BLADE SR
will try it out and make a movie from the BLADE soon as this dad-burn wind stops blowing a bit.
RICK

YOU CAN NOW WATCH THE MOVIE THIS CAMCORDER MAKES. I am impressed !

BEAUNOOCAM (1 min 24 sec)

I PROBABLY NEED TO REMIND THE CRITICS THAT THERE IS NEITHER A VIEWER NOR A SCREEN DISPLAY SO ALL THE "DIRECTIONAL, GUIDANCE" Etc etc is left a wee bit un-guarded, or should I say needs a bit of "guesswork" ... however, once attached to a moving (flying) model the movie created is truly a stroke of luck, so that's my commentarie. I still think this camcorder is a wizard.....AND THE THIRD AND LAST PICTURE (with a fence and a building) is the SAME CAMCORDER in "individual picture" format. You can see that is also works well as a regular picture taker .... Still happier with it ...
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 22, 2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: ADD TEXT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:10 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Wow- that IS tiny. Looking forward to the SR video from it. Who makes it and where did you get it from?
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:56 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
That is some great quality from a such a tiny thing! You might want to try to use some kind of vibration suppression like very spongy foam, lightly wrapped and secured. Does this camera have any interference issues with the SR? I know when Jeff got the webbie to close to the TX it would cause sound interference. Just a few thoughts

Jeff!!!
Man I hope things are well with you! It's so good to hear from you! I miss your posts and videos! I've never met you in person but I feel like I haven't talk with a good friend in far too long. Hope to see here more often.
Steel Head are running the rivers right now but no time to get too them. I've also been working on replacing a floor in a 24' Thompson Fisherman boat. Complete tear up with stringer repair. My buddy and I have been working on and off for a few months now. I hope we get it done for Coho on Lake Michigan.

God Bless BOB's,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:04 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Minimicro first flight recording try

Now this one needs explaining :
After programming the new MINI CAN and making the trial short movie I then decided to see if the BLADE SR would be an OK carrier.
So I strapped (clipped) the new MINICAM to the rear leg of the BLADE SR and started the cam and the HELI.
Because there is no "viewfinder" I also could see that the LENS is pointed up and slanted, but the intent of the flight was to find out IF the cam works, IF the BLADE SR would not interfere or be interfered with,and if I would get any kind of picture at all. WELL : here it is/ apologies for the results, but the point is that the whole system or package seems to work well. The angles, the pitches, the rest of the DETAILS are now very easy to IRON OUT.
Here's the result of the first AIRBORNE MINICAM :http://www.vimeo.com/10365022
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 22, 2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:27 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Rick,
I'm thinking that you definitely need some kind of vibration suppression. That Cam also didn't like the blade movement. What if you positioned the lens down and forward. I have been thinking about possible solutions to the vibration. What if you suspended it between the skids using light weight rubber bands on the top and bottom of the camera? Or maybe in light foam between the skids and the foam is held to the skids by bread ties?

Never mind on the rubber bands. If pulled to tight it would still resonate if to loose the camera would blow around. I'm thinking light weight foam.
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:37 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Very nice!

Rick- I have 3 observations from your video:

1. You have hovering down pat. When you wanted to, the SR held VERY still. Well done.

2. Your camera does NOT warp the blades when in motion like I've seen the webbies do. That's a definate plus.

3. The video quality was excellent. Colors were vibrant and the focus was very clear. Once you find a way to soft mount it and reduce the vibration it will be superb.

Well done and looks like you made a great purchase. Care to share the make and model number and where you got it from? This looks like a very worthwhile investment.

Jim
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:01 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Thankyou very much !

i will try to direct you to the source of this camcorder:
For my CHARGER I mainly use the TEJERA. The site is WWW.TMENET.CO

Two weeks ago they sent me a newsletter. It included an offer for a special very small CAMCORDER that they had found somewhere (China?) and had purchased a whole bunch and were making them available to their owner/subscribers. Incredibly when the camC arrived, there is no brand name, none on the cam itself. It connects ONLY to a USB port and therefore does all the necessary functions through that connection. YES, it charges the battery that way. It comes with a microscopic memory card (2 GB) and is supposed to record up to two hours consecutively and with one charge. The quality as you saw is good. the programming is rather weird and I have only partially discovered how to do it. The date/time/year is still not programmed right and can't seem to figure out how it's done. The usual Chin-glish scarcity of explanations is also here. try the SITE AGAIN and see if you can locate it.
I don't know how to direct you better towards finding one of these. I went to the SITE and there's no mention of these cams.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:55 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Rick,
Excellent videos with the new camcorder. I have to agree with Jay and Jim on all aspects. Good and bad. The resolution and colors are awesome for that camera.
We know it was a test so the vibration and angle of the dangle isn't a big deal at this time. Just some more tweaking for ya to do. I'm sure you have some foam stuff, hidden away somewhere in your archives.

The link you posted won't work. I'm thinking because it's all in capital letters, you can't do that... must be in tiny letters.

You'll always be the MAN in my book.

Hey fellas,

I did find the site and it's backordered for now, LMAO! Isn't everything. I gotta get one of these, it's to cool.

http://www.tmenet.com/products/micro...rch_highlight1

Here's a video taken with that camera, I'm impressed too. Watch the whole video.

Crazy 3D Indoor RC Flying with Tiny Onboard Camcorder (3 min 55 sec)

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Last edited by choppersrule; Mar 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:59 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
First let me say to all of you, thank you thank you for the presenting me with the Crash of the Month Award. I accept it with great respect for all of the Heli Academy Directors.

Jeffery, it is nice to see you around LURKING. I hope you like our new home and will chime in from the Lap-Top as you sit in that bigger front yard! For real's..............love ya man and I am glad to see you here.

Jim, I don't set an season goals for myself. What I do it fly and when I get board doing standard flying I look for something new. Then I work on just that one thing. For me right now it learning to fly backwards. LOL, I can go from left to right and pull up a bit, then let the heli come back and get a quarter of an circle around me left shoulder. Then I freak and do a 180 to fly forward. It will come.

Chopper Dave, I know we have discussed the 700's and their Premier, but are they really coming? Can you give me more info or re-direct me to a link? Thanks.

Rick, I admire your "stick to it" when it comes to figuring out how to use the new cams. As the others have said WHAT A GREAT PICTURE~

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:33 AM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
JPEE,

I can't find where I saw the release date. However, here's a site with some videos of their testing. Also, browse around this site too, for other videos and information. About 3/4 down the page. Yikes! I hear some things going on about an 800. Tripple YIKES! The 700E looks like it's flybarless too. So grab your behind.

http://heli.brixtonjunkies.com/2010/...ng-alan-szabo/

Dave
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:37 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
JPEE,

I can't find where I saw the release date. However, here's a site with some videos of their testing. Also, browse around this site too, for other videos and information. About 3/4 down the page. Yikes! I hear some things going on about an 800. Tripple YIKES! The 700E looks like it's flybarless too. So grab your behind.

http://heli.brixtonjunkies.com/2010/...ng-alan-szabo/

Dave
I heard 900
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:40 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Guys,

The Gods are "again" me. Big winds at home, so what! I'll drive to the field and it will be nice as has happened before. NOPE high winds and the gate was locked...no one there. The very good part of this report is...........I came home and unloaded the 500-600 and my plane and NONE of them had any flight damage

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Mar 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Now that IS a good report for sure. Why was the gate locked? Is it a city owned park accessible only during certain hours?

Well my comfort level in helis went up a few notches today. What I'm finding out is its better (for me) to start out flying the heli and then the plane instead of the reverse. My mind is more "clear" and not programmed to plank flying. Started zipping around the sky with the 450 at full speed again and did quite a few stall turns this time too. Nearly went for the loop on a few passes but held off. I wasn't in idle up yet; carefully easing back ino it for now. Put 2 very nice flights in and felt real comfortable in all orientations. I need to adjust the gyro a little on it. When first going into a hover, the tail drifts about 20 degrees to the left and then stops. May just need to bump the gain up some.

As for the BF 109; she was on 2 sorties herself today. She loves tearing up the skies and looks so graceful doing it. There is something about her silouhette that is just so apealing to me. But alas, after getting home and giving it the once over, I discovered the dreaded "cracks" begining to happen in the motors bell housing. I pulled it out and will contact HH later tonite and get the RMA. They've replaced many already and I 'm confident they will take care of this one too. So for now, after 15 successful sorties, she is ground for "maintenance"

Jim
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Here's a comparison picture of the motor. The first picture is from back in January with about 9 fights on it. At the time I thought they were just "score" marks from the manufacturing process. The second picture was taken today now with 15 flights. You can see its getting worse. Is there a certain procedure from HH for warranty or just send an email to their customer service? TIA for any help.

Jim
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:03 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Guys,

The Gods are "again" me. Big winds at home, so what! I'll drive to the field and it will be nice as has happened before. NOPE high winds and the gate was locked...no one there. The very good part of this report is...........I came home and unloaded the 500-600 and my plane and NONE of them had any flight damage
JPEE

John,

And another plus is that you didn't have to recharge all your batteries.

It's been so windy and rainy here in Indy, I don't even pack 'er up.

Thank goodness for the Sims. Take it easy and relax, you need it after all that remodeling stuff you and the wife have been doing.

Dave