HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Great video Dave I miss slinging lead with a M240b Man those are great machine guns.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2010, 06:11 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Congrats on the win today Jim/Stamp! Looks like you got more hockey to watch! They look impressive for sure. Think you might be seeing the Flyers for this one. A quick detour of sorts, my son took part in a hockey clinic today that was instructed by a scout for the Blackhawks. Dennis Bonvie is his name. He played here in PA for the AHL WBS Penguins for many years and is quite active in the local youth hockey scene. He was always a big fan favorite for his fighting. He holds (or did hold) the record for most penalty minutes in the AHL. Off the ice he is as laid back as our buddy Jay here and is one heck of a nice guy.

So my point of all this is if Philly ends up playing Chicago I'm not sure who I'll cheer for!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 23, 2010, 06:40 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for sending that out my friend. I will give it a good home and plenty of use

Stamp/Jim,
That was a great come back for the Hawks today. To be down 2-0 and win is a good recover. I think the Cup finals will be incredible games to watch. I hope the officials don't mess up the great games ahead
Enjoy that new heli!

Wunk/Jim,
Did your son play the Championship game or is that this next week?

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Great video Dave I miss slinging lead with a M240b Man those are great machine guns.
Kyle,

I was in Nam in 67 and 68, with a M16. Lol! Not even close to the M240b. The M16 is like a pea shooter in comparison. I think the M240b was in full issue, in the 80's. Oops, showing my age again.

Jay,

She's all boxed up and ready to go, I'll hit the post office in the AM. Might be PM, depends when I wake up.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old May 23, 2010, 08:17 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Wunk/Jim,
Did your son play the Championship game or is that this next week?

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
They played it last Tuesday. Lost 5-2. They simply were outskated. It was a great season for them and the got "silver" medals for their effort. He was disappointed but is over it already.

Jim
Old May 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Kyle,

I was in Nam in 67 and 68, with a M16. Lol! Not even close to the M240b. The M16 is like a pea shooter in comparison. I think the M240b was in full issue, in the 80's. Oops, showing my age again.

Jay,

She's all boxed up and ready to go, I'll hit the post office in the AM. Might be PM, depends when I wake up.

Dave
Yeah the 240 was a M60 replacement higher fire rate better reliability and way lighter. We started seeing them as standard in mid 90's when the 60 was phasing out.
Old May 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Hi Guys,

Forgot to mention, had another great flying day... 450, 500 and 600.
8 packs in all. Now I'm having fun for sure. No mishaps, YET!
Nothing special to report.

Here's another bad picture. Got all three torn down for a PM.

That's the 600 on the table in front. It's on wheels and makes it nice to work on. You don't have to pick it up to get to the other side, just spin the table around. Who would have thunk that.

Had a big azz Sirloin steak and bake potatoe of dinner..

Checks in the mail...What?????????

Dave
Old May 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,647 Posts
Nice "office" Dave. Yep, when things get slow at my place.....we start thinkin' about eating.....man, I'll never get this weight off me. lol
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old May 24, 2010, 06:55 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Nice "office" Dave. Yep, when things get slow at my place.....we start thinkin' about eating.....man, I'll never get this weight off me. lol
Barry,

Thanks on the "office". I retired last Novemeber and gained about 8 lbs. Lol!

Jay,

I took the 4S battery to the post office this morning. The shipping came to $67.32. J/K of course. It's on it's way. Blessings!

ME:
No flying today, a tad windy for me. Liz is working lots of hours now, because of inventory at J.C. Penney's. So, I was Mr. Mom today.

I'll be playing with the Sim here in a bit.

Dave
Old May 24, 2010, 07:13 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
So Dave, I am a day late on the battery.. I just put a deal together for a Rave 450 that runs on 1800mAh 4S!! I am putting an order together right now for batteries from HC. This heli should be fun as it swings 350mm blades too!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
I could re-route it to you! That would be no problem at all. Seriously!

Jim,
It's still a heck of a feat to get to that game and get Silver!

Dave,
That's for the link on the Estes stuff

Blessings All!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Ivan- How many helis do you have now? Man you must have quite a collection.

No flying here as of late. Maybe later this week.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:06 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Ivan you lucky dog the Rave is a awesome heli.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
So Dave, I am a day late on the battery.. I just put a deal together for a Rave 450 that runs on 1800mAh 4S!! I am putting an order together right now for batteries from HC. This heli should be fun as it swings 350mm blades too!!
Ivan,

It's the old, "If ya snooze ya lose" saying. But I see that Jay made ya an offer that's hard to pass by too. You, guys fight over it. LMAO!
It's never been used.

Sweet deal, getting the Rave 450. I watched a bunch of videos on youtube, awesome machine.. I'm sure you checked it out, but on CY's web site, he's got a downloadable manual and build videos to check it ya want.

Hey, that guy on RCU, questioning you throttle curves... I had a run in with him several months ago and put him on my black list. He's to cocky for me.

Dave
Old May 24, 2010, 08:18 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Jay, I am all good. Thanks much for the offer.

Jim, I have too many helicopters. My 450 collection is getting too big though. I need to thin it out a bit. I have wanted a Rave for a while and the deal was really good. I have my name on the list for a Protos 450 when they come out too... and that Mini Titan V2 looks pretty sweet.. arggggg!!!!!

Kyle, one of the local guys here (actually our best heli pilot) just picked up a Rave and LOVES it. Says it is more locked in than his Trex 700N!! CRAZY!! I am really looking forward to getting it.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240