SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim/Stamp,

Glad to hear ya got the HBK3 on the way. Remember I do have spare motors and stuff if ya need something, just give a shout.

Rick,

That was one awesome video of the gliders, like Jay, I've never seen one lauched like that. If I tried that, I'd end up falling on my azz. Lol!

Jim/Wnuk,

The high price for you was because, that you live outside of the "Region", Kyle lives within the "Region" and is excempt for all charges. I will wave your charges for next year.

Kyle,

YIKES! Looks like fun, but that's not something I'd be looking forward to do.
What's the project there? Just curious, you know me, Mister Nosey.

Barry,

My grand-daughter is a peach for sure, Katy will be 10 years old this December. She'll be getting her first, very own shotgun for Christmas. A 20 guage. They live out in the country.. See picture of her mom/my daughter, I post this one all the time.

ME:

Another great day of flying. Packed up the 450, 500 and 600. I let the 450 rip pretty good today with some loops and what not. The 500, I'm loving the high speed passes and the 600 I just baby around. Next year, I plan on selling the 600 and getting back into the planks. That's the plan for now, subject to change at any moment.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2010, 08:00 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,205 Posts
Putting in a 200A electrical service, my house was built in 1950 and currently still has original 60A service which is not able to keep up with modern appliances or rc heli's
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old May 22, 2010, 08:06 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Kyle,

That video of Holly operating the excavator is priceless. I enjoyed it a ton, she seemed to have a ball doing it. The second scoop was pretty darn good.
Clapping at the end and all. Gotta love it. Tell Holly, I said she did "GREAT".

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Yes Jay I cheated. Between the hard clay and the tree roots I would have been digging for months lol. I did get some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbdKdiylSYM
Old May 22, 2010, 08:13 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Kyle,

YIKES, 60A isn't diddley squak these days. Great upgrade for sure. My house was built in the mid 1960's and had a 100A service. I upgraded to a 200A about 10 years ago. Been in this house for 32 years, I now every board, vent, wire, screw, pipe, gas line, etc., by first name. LMAO! I can do it all, except A/C.

Kudos to Holly.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Putting in a 200A electrical service, my house was built in 1950 and currently still has original 60A service which is not able to keep up with modern appliances or rc heli's
Old May 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Had to work this morning but got out to the AMA field this afternoon. I flew the heck out of my HK450B and found that it does very axial FFF rolls. They looked so SWEET!! Did a few packs in the 450 Pro. Did a pack in the EXI 450 FES and went 8 full min and know I could go longer. Did both my packs in the Gaui 425. I changed one setting on the programmable head and it seemed to help the bogging with cyclic issue. I think I am going to try KBDD paddles next.

Not a bad day of flying. I think I feel a bit of sunburn on the back of my neck.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Had to work this morning but got out to the AMA field this afternoon. I flew the heck out of my HK450B and found that it does very axial FFF rolls. They looked so SWEET!! Did a few packs in the 450 Pro. Did a pack in the EXI 450 FES and went 8 full min and know I could go longer. Did both my packs in the Gaui 425. I changed one setting on the programmable head and it seemed to help the bogging with cyclic issue. I think I am going to try KBDD paddles next.

Not a bad day of flying. I think I feel a bit of sunburn on the back of my neck.
Ivan,

Sounds like you had a great day too, I brought all three of mine back in one piece again. LMAO! The 500 is just awesome. I'm hoping the weather is good tommorw too. 8 minute flights is awesome, after about 6, my brain starts going on me.

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; May 22, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:11 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,644 Posts
Awesome backhoe work Bro.....can ya come over here? Got a few tree stumps and such I need dug up...lol.

Dave.....beautiful daughter my friend....and the piece she's holding sure looks like S&W to me. The side view of that weapon is much more pleasing than looking down a barrel that looks like a manhole cover up close. :O)

Man I envy you guys.....it was perfect weather here today....sure wished I could to do some flying....so I settled for a burnt offering on the ol' grill.

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old May 22, 2010, 09:13 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Free Battery....

Bob's

I've got a 4S 1800mAh 20C battery that is collecting dust. It's a Blue Lipo brand. Yours free for the asking. Couple bucks or so for shipping. It has a Deans connector on it, but you can change it out. Duh!

Dave
Old May 22, 2010, 09:18 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I just charged the 2200mAh 3S that I flew in the EXI 450 FES and put in 1607mA. I could get almost another min of flight time on that heli!!!

I am currently trying to put together an order for some parts. Blade tracking on my HK450B is falling way out when I put it in F2. The dampeners are shot. I can not find truebloods in stock at ReadiHeli but found Flying Sports at HeliDirect. Hmmm... I want to get the KBDD paddles for the Gaui 425 also.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 22, 2010, 10:37 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Dave,
Any takers on that batt yet? I wouldn't mind trying that out on a 41" Edge
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 22, 2010, 10:47 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Kyle,
It looked like you and your wife were having a lot of fun with that sucker! That was a great vid. I LOVE getting behind new tractors, backhoes, bobcats... you name it. I used to work for a John Deere dealership when I was 20yrs old and loved every minute. I hope the upgrade goes smoothly for you. Tim Taylor's profound statement," Uh, Uh , Uh ... More Power"

Rick,
I have never seen Jim Walker and his designs. He certainly pioneered 3D flight even in control line. I watched all of the short clips... amazing stuff!!!!
I Loved it.

Blessings!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Hey Dave,
Any takers on that batt yet? I wouldn't mind trying that out on a 41" Edge
Jay,

Done deal... I'll wrap it up tonight and get 'er to the post office Monday morning. Ice Pick Willie has your address, I'll give him a buzz and get it. I think you'll be impress with just the few added volts, how much more power it'll have.. It's the volts not the amps that gives "MORE POWER", to quote your quote from Tim the Tool Man Taylor. Amps would be the gas tank, if you will.

Blessings,

Dave
Old May 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
It's 88F and humid here. Getting ready to bbq.

Got the two HK lipos and finally had time to solder my connectors on.
I have been running the trucks all day in between cool off periods.
I have two matched sets of HK Lipos. One set is the Rhino brand and the other set is the Turnigy blue wrapped brand. The Turnigys are the new ones. I am impressed so far. They take the current draw of the Revo BL VERY well.

So now I'm very happy because the Turnigy Blues can be used in the Stampede and the Revo. The Rhinos are for the Revo only (don't fit in the Stampede). It's very cool to see the subtle differences the C ratings and mah ratings make. The Rhinos are 3S 2550mah 40C. The Turnigys are 3S 3000mah 35C. Mathematically the Turnigys are capable of more power and I really can tell the difference in the Revo when running the Turnigys.

I am guilty of not flying helis for about htree weeks now.
All I have to say in my defense: When you have two thrucks that zoom down the road at over 60mph, ya kinds forget bout helis lol.
Plus I'm still waiting for the HBK3 to arrive.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and GO HAWKS!!!
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Last edited by Stamp; May 23, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old May 23, 2010, 03:41 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Oh guys,
And almost forgot...I am selling my old Stampede Lipo.
It is pretty much a 450 size heli lipo.
Have a look if interested.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249089
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
My Kinda Guy,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8921132792255#