HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2010, 09:09 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Had a great night of flying again BUT my 450 Pro is down for a front drive gear set. I had a tail touch....took it right out. I'll order a new set tomorrow. Till it gets here...I'm flying planks I guess.
Vic,

Doesn't take much does it, on the crown gears. The front usually goes first.
Get the double package for $12.99 on page 3. On page 2, one gear is $9.99 Duh!!!! I ordered 2 front and 2 rear on my last order. You may want to loosen the tail blades a tad, not so they're floppin though. And consider my tail fin mod too.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2010, 09:18 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post

Jim/Wnuk,
Hmmmm, sweet tooth, eating out to much, High cholestrol.. Stop It,,, you're to young for that.. I'm hypoglycemic, (low blood sugar) and I have to eat 5 times aday and have been for over 20 years. Just smaller portions. I'm the old one here and my last blood work came out perfect.
Most my cholestrol issues are heraditary. Keep in mind, I'm 5-9 and weigh just 165lbs. I'm not large at all. My dad was 59 when he died on the OR table while undergoing bypass surgery. He had cholestrol issues but did little to help himself. I tried the diet and exercise thing. For 4 solid months I was on my treadmill 6 days a week. Did 2 mile each day in under 30 minutes. Did free weights 4 days a week. Lost 10 lbs. Watched what I ate. My overall numbers went UP after that. Some things you just can't control.

Now after being on a statin for 4 months, my overall number dropped from 225 down to 176 (should be under 200). I still could lose 5 lbs but the beer just tastes too good!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 20, 2010, 09:26 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
I spent all evening figuring out Bell Hiller mixing and trying to sort out what does what on the programmable Gaui 425 head. I think I have everything figured out except the seesaw adjustments. I can see how it reduces the ability of the flybar to act on blade pitch but that also subtracts from the sum... hmmmm...
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 20, 2010, 09:34 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Vic,

Doesn't take much does it, on the crown gears. The front usually goes first.
Get the double package for $12.99 on page 3. On page 2, one gear is $9.99 Duh!!!! I ordered 2 front and 2 rear on my last order. You may want to loosen the tail blades a tad, not so they're floppin though. And consider my tail fin mod too.

Dave
LOL..yeah I seen the 9.99 and the 12.00 units. Like you...gonna buy two fronts and two rears, The torque tube it's self is aluminum, I cant see bending or breaking it in a minor touch of the tail. As we speak, I have the stinger curing to keep that tail rotor blade out of the dirt. What happend was on the last flight, the battery crapped at 8:45 and she come down. I wasn't about 3ft off the ground, and it wasn't a hard landing but the ground was uneven, and the tail hit first. Didn't really notice it till I got in the house and checked to make sure the gears were OK....they were NOT. For what I gain with shaft drive, I can live with replacing gears once in a while.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 20, 2010, 10:02 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Hahahaha.......thanks Dave......let's see...was I done.....lol.

Appreciate the kind words on the birds guys......wish I had them both back. But I'm sure looking forward to getting on with the new stuff. I'll have a million questions for sure...but I know I'll get all the info I need right here.

It's been a long story for ol' Bear, but sometimes life gives you a curve ball that ya just can't hit. And it ok cuz all is working out by the grace of God....and I know I'm not alone on this.
Hang in there Jim...it's all gonna work out good my friend.

Gotta run guys....ttys
Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old May 20, 2010, 10:07 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
LOL, when this gets slow around here we always turn back to food!

Been eating too much lately I guess, Doc's got me on cholestrol medicine now. I got a sweet tooth for sure and love to eat out. Famly history doesn't help either.

Jim
I'm sorry, I read into it that you were pigging out, and didn't put the family history into the picture. Doing the treadmill and free weights is far more than most would even consider doing. Beer is good. Lmao! Can't give that up.

Dave
Old May 20, 2010, 11:14 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Guys,
Any opinions on an Esky King V3 - 2.4g.
WHAT SIZE IS THIS HELI? I notice it uses 275mm blades. That would make it smaller than a 450???

Thank you in advance,
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 20, 2010, 11:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Guys,
Any opinions on an Esky King V3 - 2.4g.
WHAT SIZE IS THIS HELI? I notice it uses 275mm blades. That would make it smaller than a 450???

Thank you in advance,
Jim
Jim....it's a 300 sized heli. My PERSONAL opinion....crap. The radio is crap, the heli is flyable out of the box but nicer with a programmable radio....but it is what it is. I just wouldn't spend what they want for it RTF. The servos strip if you sneeze, the ESC is 25a which is under what it really needs which would be a 35a ESC and the supplied motor is a gutless wonder...you'd need a GOOD 3200kv, or a 3500kv with 3.17 shaft....and it might not fit. As I say...it's my opinion...but I'm sticking to it.
Old May 20, 2010, 11:46 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate all opinions.
I have the opportunity to buy one for 150 new ready to fly.
Is this a decent deal? - - for the price.
Jim
Old May 20, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate all opinions.
I have the opportunity to buy one for 150 new ready to fly.
Is this a decent deal? - - for the price.
Jim
Not bad IF everything is there...battery, charger, wall plug, etc. If it was complete, I'd say go for it but even still...it is what it is...price wont change it.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Slowly dissapearing

I asked VIC first, but he claims no Xperience at all with mSR and so today I posted the following in HelFreak.
It now comes to mind that someone HERE might want to try this for me:
QUOTED ......[ from HeliFreak: ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent off for the aluminum upgrades for the Blade mSR , specifically FIVE parts as: 1-precision CNC anti collar,2- FlyBar,3- swashplate ,4- main blade grips 5-- main rotor hub. MicroHeli in Canada sent them and now I am facing a problem:
I can see the parts (barely) but even with magnification I am not able to see the screws and attachment point and cannot use that size tools, which I don't have.

So I am posting a request for someone with experience that would want to do this job for me. I intend to MAIL the heli + parts and will PAY for the work and the shipping.
I can be reached for a response either in this forum or at: Richard.f.barr@comcast.net

I am well pleased with this tiny Heli, but had a chance to fly one with the Alum.upgrades and was impressed enough to want to have my own done this way

UNQUOTE

I got the experience with the BLINGED mSR while I was up in DALLAS, in the big hobby shop...
I LURK here daily , as Choppers correctly observed, but have nothing to offer or contribute since this THREAD has left me
WAY WAY behind.
I don't build anything, I got projects 98% done, I don't FLY anything
and so I just read and continue to fall behind.
It's an AGE thing, unfortunately
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; May 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Not bad IF everything is there...battery, charger, wall plug, etc. If it was complete, I'd say go for it but even still...it is what it is...price wont change it.
LOL....never seen one in person....wouldn't have a clue.....
Old May 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
HBK3...
Is this heli stable (relatively) or is it very twitchy...like a mosquito on crack???

Jim
Old May 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
HBK3...
Is this heli stable (relatively) or is it very twitchy...like a mosquito on crack???

Jim
It's very reactive to the slightest of winds. The radio requires maximum movement of the sticks to get maximum movement of the servos which can really get you in trouble if a gust of wind comes up...eg reaction time from the radio to the heli is barely tolerable. IF you had a DX6i/DX7/or Futaba programmable, it flys a lot better because you set expo and throws on the servos through the programming. Slow head speed give decient stability but really impedes tail authority and you cant fly it when theres even a breeze. I just bumped the head speed up enough where you have good tail authority, but stability is still decient (stock RTF radio system). In a nutshell, if it's all you have, it's a bit better than NOTHING. The PLUS side is....parts are fairly cheap.

Vic
Old May 21, 2010, 01:42 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
HBK3...

Jim
Stamp,

Mosquito on crack,,,, now that's funny. Always remember, puff..puff..pass.

On the HBK3, go for the gold and scoop it up. It'll be as stable as you want it to be. When you get it, go over it with a fine tooth comb, and go through the whole set-up procedure. You could add some weights to the flybar to tame it down a tad. And don't go upgrading things right away, thinking that it will make it more stable or fly better. Most upgrades on this size heli, don't make that much difference on it's performance. Just empties the wallet quicker.

He's a video of a regular kinda guy practicing: Pretty stable, I don't see the tail wagging or bobbing either, also you can hear some wind in the background.

Honey Bee King 3 Hover: 3rd outdoor flight with collective pitch (4 min 12 sec)

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; May 21, 2010 at 02:07 PM.