Old May 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
You all crack me up

We had Venison backstrap for dinner tonight I wanted sliced potatoes but settled for corn

Well last night I stayed up way to late just because I had an artistic moment after work. I kept thinking about my avatar which is a full scale's Extra330SC nose art. So I went down to the cave and did this. I drew it out on paper and then cut it out of trimkote. I stayed up way too late

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
Sweet nose art there
Wawaweewa!
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2010, 09:59 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Thanks guys!

Vic,
A TV dinner... they don't put enough stuff in those things any more You have to eat three to get full It stinks to here your son smacked a deer but good he had the grill guard on. I'd have taken the backstraps off and tenderloins out if the bumper didn't kill them

Kyle,
We'll have to have some video of your Vision with the new pipe Guys used to put pipes on their planes that would extend halfway down the sides of their planes to get unbelievable power. Great upgrade!

Jim/Stamp,
Go Hawks They're kicking rear and taking names. Best of luck Friday!

Barry,
Great shot! That is a sweet looking heli

Blessings!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Sweet trim work Jay. Is that Art Scholls Chipmunk you put it on? Or an Extra?

Funny how 1 post can lead to so many things with you guys!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 19, 2010, 10:13 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
hahaha........ as for me Jim, I'm just terminally bewildered.

Again thanks Jay...awesome job.

I did find a pic of a Bell 206L I was working on before things got crazy in my life.
A Graupner electric bird. I can't wait to get back with it all.

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; May 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
ah.......found it.
Old May 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
So today was the day of electrical issues. It was PERFECT today. I got two and a half packs in at work on lunch. I brought the 450 Pro and got two flights in and then on the third pack during spool up, I noticed the swash was tilted. I wiggled the cyclic stick and realized that one of the servos was not working. I did not get to the throttle hold switch quick enough and it tipped over and had a little chicken dance. Nothing got damaged. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and sure enough, the servo was working again. This happened half a dozen times when I FIRST got the heli but has not happened since. Really odd. I flew half a pack and had to get back to work. I hate electrical issues.

When I got home, I was greeted by a package from Scott with some screws for the horizontal stab and a 14T pinion for the Gaui 425. Thanks so much buddy!!! I popped the stab on, put the pinion gear on and adjusted the gear lash, threw a few helis in the car and Kasia and I headed out to the school for a few packs.

First up was the EXI FES (flybarless 450 using the Gaui GU365 e-stabilizer). I every time I hooked up the battery, it would initialize and then before I could get the canopy on, it would freak out and two servos would move to full negative and only one servo would work. I kept messing around with it but could not figure it out. I hate electrical issues. I decided to fly the 450 Pro instead.

The 450 Pro was doing its random glitching quite a bit on the first flight. Kasia was not recording the flight though... meh... I checked the RX when I landed and no brown out light and no dropped signal light. I just don't get it. I hate electrical issues.

Time to fly the 425!!! I get it all set up, install the battery... awwwww crap!! I forgot the EC3 to Dean's adapter. Kasia was nice enough to drive back over to the house and get it for me while I put another pack through the 450 Pro. No glitching at all on this flight. WTH?? I hate electrical issues.

Kasia gets back with the adapter and I fly the 425. It is really quite odd. Pitch pumps are great. Excellent climb outs with no bogging. Flips and rolls just KILL the head speed. This is the issue I have been chasing. I thought originally that gearing was too much for the motor so I went down with the gearing.. too low... Now I am in in between the two and still have the same issue. This is the exact same motor, ESC and batteries I had been using in the 500 ESP with no issues. Any suggestions?

Gaui 425 14T pinion (2 min 52 sec)

So I am back to the 450 Pro and it glitches and goes crazy the whole flight but this time Kasia is recording. I will get the video up on YouTube with some time line info. I am thinking it may be ESC related now... or that I have another issue which is in the ESC. It freaked out at one point and you can hear the motor changing speed rapidly till I do a pitch pump and it stops doing it. Man I hate electrical issues!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 19, 2010, 10:33 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Jay, sweet job on the plane. Like I said... talent!!!

Barry, nice pictures!!!
Old May 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Here is the video of the issues with my T450 Pro. While you can not "see" the issues, you can clearly hear them happening.

1:06 tail jerk

1:38 tail jerk 1:40 ELE jerk

2:14 and 2:16 tail jerk

2:39 tail jerk

2:42 to 2:54 motor cogging?? Pitch pump cleared it up.

At the end of the video when I switch out of idle up, the motor does the same cogging again.

Trex 450 Pro Glitches (4 min 12 sec)
Old May 19, 2010, 11:02 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Gee Vic.......wish I could have played some....but I did find a pic of my ol bird and dreamed a bit. "O)
Looked like a decient flying heli.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 20, 2010, 10:12 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
Thanks Ivan, Vic.

Man, I'm sure you'll get it dialed in.....your right, that was a perfect day.

I really didn't catch to much of the glitches.....course my industrial strength Ginkoba hasn't kicked in yet.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:16 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Glitching was kind of hard to tell on the videos Ivan. It happens so fast. If there is anyone who can figure them out, it's you! Keep us updated with what you find.

Jim
Old May 20, 2010, 09:19 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Ivan,

Your question on the other thread, on which hole for quicker response.
The outer most hole on the washout arms are for 3D, the inner hole is for sports flying. Positive on that too. I had a Logo 10 a couple years ago and set it up for sport flying.

On your 450 pro, YIKES! Electrically issues are the worst for sure.
The tough thing about electrical problems is there are two major common components that enter the picture, the ESC and the RX. However, anyone of the servos that may be going bad can put a spike on the negitive buss of the RX, which is common to all componets. Which could send a false pulse to the ESC causing your motor cogging. Go with your gut feeling first, I believe some of the guys mentioned ESC.

I love Sloppy Joes... I had something close to that tonight, Sloppy Chili... Heat up the left over chili and slap it on a burger bun.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Last edited by choppersrule; May 20, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:49 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Had a great night of flying again BUT my 450 Pro is down for a front drive gear set. I had a tail touch....took it right out. I'll order a new set tomorrow. Till it gets here...I'm flying planks I guess.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 20, 2010, 09:56 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
As long as your flying, Vic! That's the important thing.

Changing it up a bit tomorrow. Calm winds, sunny day. I packed the golf clubs in the car for a quick nine holes instead of flying tomorrow. The wife and kids got some passes for me for my b-day so I need to put them to good use. Might be in a foul mood tomorrow, look out!

"FORE!"
Old May 20, 2010, 09:59 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Barry, (on a good day)

Great picture of the BT, man I love that canopy. Super duper job on it.
Double Yikes, on the Bell 206L, that is sweet, now go get 'er done.
The reason the Ginkoba hasn't kicked in yet, is that, you probably forgot to take it. LMAO!

Jay,

Excellent art work there my friend, looks like a lean mean flying machine now.
Venison Backstrap,, ooohhh yummy.. Some folks like that better than filet mignon.

Jim/Wnuk,
Hmmmm, sweet tooth, eating out to much, High cholestrol.. Stop It,,, you're to young for that.. I'm hypoglycemic, (low blood sugar) and I have to eat 5 times aday and have been for over 20 years. Just smaller portions. I'm the old one here and my last blood work came out perfect.

Kyle,

I think I smelled those Brat's here in Greenwood, another one of my favorites, gotta be on the grill though, just like you had 'em.

Vic,

Glad the son didn't get hurt, when he hit the deer. Glad things are working out for you with the TT 450. Getting the Corsair and Uproar going is a plus too, now the weather is changing for the better. We'll all get some good flying time in.

ME:

I finished cleaning out the gutters today, with all those Helicopters from the maple trees. I filled another 32 gallons garbage can. But it's done, until winter, when I have to get theleaves out.

Nice day, bright sunny, mild winds. I forgot to fly today..LMAO! I'm so use to not flying. In the last 20 days, it's rained about 16 of 'em.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Last edited by choppersrule; May 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM.