HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 17, 2010, 03:58 PM
I meant to do that!
Oracus's Avatar
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Got the remaiden of the 109 done this AM. All went well so I won't post the video. Took 2 clicks of right rudder to get it staright and true again. I'm impressed with gorilla glue. It seems to hold the foam together very well.

Jim
Way to go on the repair and re-maiden. Yeah that gorilla glue is tuff stuff, I think there is also some secret mix with elmers glue that makes it stronger.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
I meant to do that!
Oracus's Avatar
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,204 Posts
Thanks for all the jabs about the pictures guys I tend to let my inner-geek out to play sometimes.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
I meant to do that!
Oracus's Avatar
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
LMAO...you guys in these pictures look like NERDS...
With the Bell 206, all I really need is a flybarless head, but other than that...this thing is GOLD. I just come in from a really nice flight....it's all there, good response and tail authority....I love this heli.
There are some good rumors about the Turnigy V-Bar floating around.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:05 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Got the remaiden of the 109 done this AM. All went well so I won't post the video. Took 2 clicks of right rudder to get it staright and true again. I'm impressed with gorilla glue. It seems to hold the foam together very well.

Jim
Jim,

Sounds great with the remaiden on the 109, seems like we all have to do a click here and a click there. Gorilla glue is some tough stuff.
HA! Rained most of the day again here in Indy. Today was opening day at the Indy 500 track, closed because of rain. LMAO! Suppose to rain again tomorrow... I'm putting my batteries on Storage Voltage.... And wait it out.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:13 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Erik,

The "Gangster" intro was awesome, it hit home for me. I'm a ghetto boy from Gary, In. Back in the 50's, I had a cousin that was in the mafia.
The ESCs attached to the inside of the jacket was just too flippin' cool.

As always, you do great video presentations and very informative. You need to persue that for some extra "Bread".

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Thanks for all the jabs about the pictures guys I tend to let my inner-geek out to play sometimes.
Kyle,

To be in this nutty hobby, you have to be a Geek to some degree. We're all just at different levels of Geek-dom. Levels 1 thru 10. LMAO! I'm a solid "8".

To All,

I did make some homemade Chicken Noodle soup today, I use medium sized Shell Noodles, easier to scoop up with your spoon. I like to put in some chopped celery and diced potatoes too. Just a tip, ya know.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:31 PM
Luvin' Life
1Radioflyer's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
To All,

I did make some homemade Chicken Noodle soup today, I use medium sized Shell Noodles, easier to scoop up with your spoon. I like to put in some chopped celery and diced potatoes too. Just a tip, ya know.

Dave
Oh that sounds soooo good
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
Luvin' Life
1Radioflyer's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Kyle,
Great video with the new helmet cam. It looks like your getting pretty comfortable with the Vision I've been thinking of modifying my helmet cam to incorporate a "cross hair" set-up to help center the image. KM here on RCGroups has a set-up like that and it works incredibly well.

Blessings!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Kyle,
Great video with the new helmet cam. It looks like your getting pretty comfortable with the Vision I've been thinking of modifying my helmet cam to incorporate a "cross hair" set-up to help center the image. KM here on RCGroups has a set-up like that and it works incredibly well.

Blessings!
Jay,

I just read a post the other day, where a guy incorporated, one of those small laser pointers. He had both attached to his helmet cam.. I'm sure it takes sometime with "Set-up". Lol His was smaller than the attached picture, but you get the idea.

Bless ya,

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Kyle,

To be in this nutty hobby, you have to be a Geek to some degree. We're all just at different levels of Geek-dom. Levels 1 thru 10. LMAO! I'm a solid "8".

To All,

I did make some homemade Chicken Noodle soup today, I use medium sized Shell Noodles, easier to scoop up with your spoon. I like to put in some chopped celery and diced potatoes too. Just a tip, ya know.

Dave
We'll be right over...set the table for two extra poeple
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 07:14 PM
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
We'll be right over...set the table for two extra poeple
Jim
Jim,

Just turn left at "Chopper Blvd"..

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 07:16 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
9sec240's Avatar
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Stamp Jim, congrats. Best wishes.

Eric, very nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Wnuk, nice job getting the 109 back together. I have not tried Gorilla Glue although I have some. How much does it expand? Did you use water to activate it? Not sure how you actually go about using it. Big fan of hot glue here.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 07:18 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
9sec240's Avatar
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Dave, send me some of the soup please!!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 08:22 PM
Luvin' Life
1Radioflyer's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
I've been using GG glue for a while now for many different applications and it is amazing stuff. A very thin spread over foam makes and incredible bond with low foaming and "over" foaming. I also use it to strengthen landing gear plates and that's when I spray the balsa down with a mist of water and then dribble the GG in the pocket. The water causes the GG to foam up. Super light weight with incredible strength. I rebuilt the lower end of a 89" wingspan Carden Extra 300 and I filled the landing gear area with the stuff. My buddy pancaked it on the runway a few weeks back, and bent the 1/4" thick aluminum gear flat without breaking a single thing structurally. Amazing stuff
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; May 17, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
That looks about right!
Wnuk's Avatar
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Stamp Jim, congrats. Best wishes.

Eric, very nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Wnuk, nice job getting the 109 back together. I have not tried Gorilla Glue although I have some. How much does it expand? Did you use water to activate it? Not sure how you actually go about using it. Big fan of hot glue here.
Ivan- I like the glue and it is simple to use. A bit of dampness on one side (I hesitated with foam and went very sparse with water) and glue on the other. Clamp the parts together (in my case I pinned them) and let dry. There is some "seepage" from the joint as the glue dries but I didn't notice any great expansion. I wiped the excess after pinning the joints and then once more about 15 minutes after gluing it. Once dry, I took an exacto knife and cleaned up the little that did expand out. Very easy and very effective. This was my first experience with gorilla glue and repairing a foam plane. I will say I'm pleased thus far. I put the 109 through it's paces today and noticed no problems with the glued joints. Even had a "not so good" landing and it held up well.

Dave- Now if you add some of Jay's bacon wrapped squirrel to that soup I'm on the next flight to Indy!

Laser pointers and crosshairs? Never thought of that. Jay got a link to the thread you mentioned about the idea?

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion our soaring brothers got2soar Hand Launch 19 Aug 17, 2010 08:58 AM
Sold Futaba Low Band R127DF Receiver! flyinjrc74 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Feb 27, 2010 09:48 AM
Sold Band of Brothers DVD set Tin Collectors Edition ($45 Shipped, great conditon!) CGReload Non R/C Items (FS/W) 2 Aug 17, 2008 07:11 PM
Band of Brothers - the real-life heroes leccyflyer Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Dec 08, 2001 09:52 PM
Band of Brothers, anyone else watching? Fitz Walker Life, The Universe, and Politics 23 Oct 05, 2001 07:22 PM