SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Hockey Alert Dave, don't read!

Jay- can you believe the Flyers? Down three games to none and to come back to win this series? My money is now on them to hoist Lord Stanley this season. Might as well kep it in PA for another year!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2010, 10:10 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Dave, you can mount the ELE servo on the outside if the frame if you just space the top of the servo the thickness of the frame. The ball can now go on the outside of the servo horn and line up perfectly with the ball on the swash. This mounting now makes all servos serviceable without frame disassembly.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 14, 2010, 10:12 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Jim,
I didn't post anything before cause last time I thought I might have foreshadowed your game as you were watching it later. Looks like we both get to sit and watch Jim/Stamps
Hawks move forward. That's how the puck bounces

Dave,
Great tip. I hate doing things twice unless I'm just double checking my work

Vic,
That is awesome with the low cover. I've done it just once with a Gentle Lady glider when a storm moved in. It's an unsettling feeling when your plane disappears but a nice spiral will bring it back into view. Good to hear your getting some good stick time. It seems to be blowing consistently here.

+1 on hearing from Rick.

I hope Y'all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 14, 2010, 10:14 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Ivan,
Your birds always look top notch.

Blessings,

Jay
Old May 14, 2010, 10:34 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Jay- can you believe the Flyers? Down three games to none and to come back to win this series? My money is now on them to hoist Lord Stanley this season. Might as well kep it in PA for another year!
Jim,

Didn't read a word, don't care.
Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old May 14, 2010, 10:40 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Dave, you can mount the ELE servo on the outside if the frame if you just space the top of the servo the thickness of the frame. The ball can now go on the outside of the servo horn and line up perfectly with the ball on the swash. This mounting now makes all servos serviceable without frame disassembly.
Ivan,

I see the plus side on the elevator servo for sure, mounted as you have yours. I'll redo mine when the servo goes wacky. Hopefully not, it's a JR MG.

With the pitch and aileron servo, you still, at least, have to take off the battery tray to get to the lower screws. Or, am I missing something there?

Dave
Old May 14, 2010, 10:56 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Ivan,

I see the plus side on the elevator servo for sure, mounted as you have yours. I'll redo mine when the servo goes wacky. Hopefully not, it's a JR MG.

With the pitch and aileron servo, you still, at least, have to take off the battery tray to get to the lower screws. Or, am I missing something there?

Dave
You are correct sir. Battery tray still needs to be removed.... or drill access holes in the tray if you do not have the ESC mounted behind it.

The 450 Pro is so hard to build and wire up... but flying it sure makes up for all effort. That is one smooth heli!!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 14, 2010, 11:12 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
You are correct sir. Battery tray still needs to be removed.... or drill access holes in the tray if you do not have the ESC mounted behind it.

The 450 Pro is so hard to build and wire up... but flying it sure makes up for all effort. That is one smooth heli!!
Ivan,

Don't call me Sir, it keeps reminding me that I'm OLD. I appreciate it though.

100% on the hard build and wiring.. I've got the 450 pretty tweaked out, phasing is good and all. Almost flys like a coax, I love it. Love the build and challenge.

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; May 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 09:58 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Jim,
I didn't post anything before cause last time I thought I might have foreshadowed your game as you were watching it later. Looks like we both get to sit and watch Jim/Stamps
Hawks move forward. That's how the puck bounces

Jay

It's rare that I watch a hcokey game that late. That Sunday I was tied up and couldn't get to it sooner. Now the Sunday Nascar races are a different story! I record them each week and watch them on Sunday nights, it's sort of my "Me" time. The oldest used to LOVE to tell me who won (or didn't win) before I watched it. Used to drive me crazy! Now a days, I turn it on and usually fall asleep before mid race. Wake up in time to see who won

Still looking like Monday to remaiden the smacked up BF 109. Not sure how it will go. Never reglued a foamy back together!

Jim
Old May 15, 2010, 10:29 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Jim,
I won't say anything about NASCAR either until time has past. I have the same problem with my son messing with me about who wins when I miss a race. Monster Mile tomorrow should be good. I hope someone puts the little shrub into the wall early so I can enjoy the whole race

Don't worry about the remaiden if you used the gorilla glue. If something breaks again it will be a all new fracture. That stuff welds foam back together. Best of luck though but video it just in case LOL

Blessings!
Old May 15, 2010, 10:54 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Holy Cow, now it's NASCAR Crap....

Jim,

Good luck on the Remaiden on the BF jobber.
================================================

Guess you guys, may have figured it out, I'm not a sports fan at all.
I live about 16 miles from the Indy 500 track, and have been there once in my entire life, and got sun burnt. I prefer watching the grass grow. Puff, Puff, Pass... LMAO!

========================================

Weather still sucks here.

Blessings to all,

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; May 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:58 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
I prefer watching the grass grow, Puff, Puff, Pass... LMAO!

Blessings to all,

Dave
Ha! I tried that the other day and almost got shot You weren't kidding were you Dave
Old May 15, 2010, 11:30 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Ha! I tried that the other day and almost got shot You weren't kidding were you Dave
Jay,

I told Mickey "The Bat" and Icepick Willie to cancel, don't know what's up with that.

Kidding aside, I've been pretty bored lately, weather has been really bad, high winds and/or rain. I told Vic, around the house, I'm out of projects, everything is done and a sealed deal, per say. Only thing left is to clean out the gutters.. I have maple trees, with 10's of thousands of those whirly jig things. Big pain for sure.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:41 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Jim,
I won't say anything about NASCAR either until time has past. I have the same problem with my son messing with me about who wins when I miss a race. Monster Mile tomorrow should be good. I hope someone puts the little shrub into the wall early so I can enjoy the whole race

Don't worry about the remaiden if you used the gorilla glue. If something breaks again it will be a all new fracture. That stuff welds foam back together. Best of luck though but video it just in case LOL

Blessings!
Yep, that little shrub needs some pruning for sure! Denny "knee" Hamlin needs a visit from Dave's friend Mickey "The Bat" too! LMAO You guys are too much!

I'll take video of the remaiden just for the laughs it might bring.

Dave- has the weather been that bad for you? I know the wind has been up for us quite a bit lately. Any more insight as to a plank you like? That Aldi's field looks like it would be perfect for a park flyer and then some. As for sports, I just use that as an excuse to get out fo the "honey do" list!

Jim
Old May 16, 2010, 10:23 AM
Joined Apr 2009
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
LOL, thanks for the Birthday wishes guys! Turned 41 at 8:56 am today. The kids and wife got me a few passes to the local golf course I like and we are headed out to dinner this evening. Local Seafood restaraunt offers free steak or lobster on your birthday! Think I'll get both tonight! Hope to come home to an ice cream cake, my favorite is from Carvel. So will have to keep the number of candles down so as not to melt it!

Stopped at the local field today even though it was wet and grey. More practice landings today to get the real fell of it on wheels. Am really liking it. Haven't flown the heli since the testflight after replacing the blades. Guess I'm just more relaxed with a plane than a heli!

Jim
Happy Belated Birthday, Jim!

To the rest, hope you're all doing well, I can't keep up with you guys... my gosh.

Off to the parental units, we're going to build a brushless E-Starter, his first non-delta trainer.

Take care!
erkrystof is offline Find More Posts by erkrystof