HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
58 Posts
Nice break I have used similar ones many times.

A couple days ago I was flying my MSR and dropped my DX6i and broke the antenna. It did not break the wire just the plastic piece so I taped it for now. Horizon Hobby is sold me another one $17 shipped.

Going to the Dixie Aeromasters flying field to check it out tomorrow. Going to take the SR but I am sure it will be too windy to fly it.

I am trying to set up the gyro on my belt CP but not going real well. If I get the gyro and the pitch set it should be ready to start breaking parts.
46u is offline Find More Posts by 46u
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2006
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Jeremy made it!!! Did you and JPEE get together yet this week?

Jeff- HH is usualy excelent with their customer service. I'd maybe call again and hope for a different rep.

Kyle-Are you going to be doing the maiden soon?

Super weather is forecast the next 5 days here. I WILL find a few minutes to relax and enjoy so air time.
Jim - thanks for the email, wouldn't have found the thread otherwise...

still haven't got together with JPEE yet, but it will happen soon! especially now that Spring is just around the corner. besides I got to get my books back and collect some overdue library fines... lol
lookyj is offline Find More Posts by lookyj
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Kyle....it went as expected today, I have Dr. Hadji
Your engine hard starting, I'll tell you right now you got dirt or pieces of grass in that carb. I had the same prob of hard starting, I took it apart and cleaned it...no problems after that. You need to get that fixed....seriously.

Jay...the pictured machine was my best friend back in the day....along with shrinkers, stretches, throatless shears.....metal bend'in

I think the carb was separating at the time cause I had to set it very rich, now I just need to re-attach the carb
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:51 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Jeff

Let us know if you need help setting it up. What gyro you got?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 05:27 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
I think the carb was separating at the time cause I had to set it very rich, now I just need to re-attach the carb
Kyle...I just cant imagine a carb getting loose, but when I set mine up, I check end points and travel closely. I don't want binding, and I want full travel, and smooth operation. There should be no binding of the pushrod on the carb at all, and zero resistance as well as full range of open and closed.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:18 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
For you Thrifty Guys out there (I'm one of them myself)

Common Sense RC is having a special on Phoenix Flight Sim again. I know we talked about this last time it came up. From now till 4PM PST tomorrow the 20th, they are selling version 2.5 for just $112 with free shipping. That's a hell of a deal. I'm going to pass as I think I may be getting a new ESC sometime soon. So for those of you looking, jump on it while you can. Use coupon code

oneday0319ship at checkout.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:18 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
For you Thrifty Guys out there (I'm one of them myself)

Common Sense RC is having a special on Phoenix Flight Sim again. I know we talked about this last time it came up. From now till 4PM PST tomorrow the 20th, they are selling version 2.5 for just $112 with free shipping. That's a hell of a deal. I'm going to pass as I think I may be getting a new ESC sometime soon. So for those of you looking, jump on it while you can. Use coupon code

oneday0319ship at checkout.

Jim
I get paid NEXT WEEK......darnnit
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:49 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
You know. I have to admit my complete ignorance. You guys have known me for a while and know I fess up.

Thank-you Vic for posting the picture of the metal break. Now I finally see, "METALBENDER"

Oh my goodness. I think my eyes need to slow down or my brain needs to catch up. I see the picture and it all becomes clear.

I'm telling y'all right now... if I give any advise, think twice

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:54 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Kyle...I just cant imagine a carb getting loose, but when I set mine up, I check end points and travel closely. I don't want binding, and I want full travel, and smooth operation. There should be no binding of the pushrod on the carb at all, and zero resistance as well as full range of open and closed.
My PTSD causes me to forget alot of things. I remember the binding when I set it up but thought I fixed it and checked it Thats why it takes me twice as long to do setup I have to go over everything multiple times
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:56 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Nice find Jim wish I had the cash I need a sim again
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:04 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Kyle,
Sorry to see PTSD. I have a good friend that came back from Desert Shield and has PTSD. The government has helped him slightly on this but not as much as I think they should.

God Bless Ya,

Jay
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Got the new camcorder today so here was the test

Vado HD test (0 min 12 sec)
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:05 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Milo's a big sweetie

Great quality and from searching seems like a great price. I think you need to get that cam air born
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Mar 19, 2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:37 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Excellent video quality, Kyle. Jay's right- you need to get that airborne.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:40 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Excellent video quality, Kyle. Jay's right- you need to get that airborne.
Kyle, thats one fine looking PUP. The picture is ultra clear. I ran it in Hi Def and could count the blades of grass. YEP you have to send that cam up for a cool vid.

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee