HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, Angola
Joined Jul 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Zeke View Post
Wilsonman- I've been watching their Tacon and Monster motor stocks become more and more "Out Of Stock" for months. It seems that when they become Out Of Stock, they stay that way without replenishment.

I've been hoping to buy one. If they were not going to be restocked, it would be nice to know.
Yeah I've been watching the stock myself on them. Looks like they will never restock them. I like ordering stuff from HobbyKing cause it's cheap, BUT the wait and the lack of CS sucks if you have to return something. So I would rather get my stuff from the states if I can. But HobbyPartz and Nitroplanes stock has just been going out of stock and they never seem to restock anything unless it's some foam RTF P.O.S. that they are selling left and right. Forget replacement parts on most of there stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46 View Post
That is a bummer as I need another 160, guess I'll be buying a turnigy this time.
I decided that sence I couldn't get a Monster Power or Tacon Bigfoot cause Nitroplanes or Hobbypartz won't restock them. I bought a couple of those Turnigy EasyMatch moters. I have the G32(770kv) and a G46(670kv). Pretty much the same specs as the Monster Power and Tacon motors. They also have them in different KV ratings if you want something different. Only thing I don't like about the motors is the wires are a stiff. Also the G46 came with this huge collet style prop adaptor. The shaft on the motor is 6mm the collet's shaft is 10mm. I went to my LHS and bought an Eflite Power 46 collet prop adaptor for it sence the sfat on that collet is alot smaller(forgot what it was). Now I don't need to ream out all my APC props to fit this motor. I'd have no problem buying more of the Turnigy EasyMatch motors. Just sucks waiting for them to go through the mail to get to you.


http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...160_Glow_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...160_Glow_.html
Ghost Plane is offline Find More Posts by Ghost Plane
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Ennnnncommmming!!!!!
Cougar Zeke's Avatar
Bellevue, WA
Joined Sep 2008
920 Posts
Ghostplane- I've had terrible (and I mean terrible) luck with Turnigy motors. Whether its been big, small or medium sizes.

I'd heard good things from friends of mine about Monster specifically and wanted to give them a try.

As far as shipping- do they send you an icebreaker in the winter to deliver your RC goods?
Cougar Zeke is offline Find More Posts by Cougar Zeke
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 01:37 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,669 Posts
Yeah, I've heard a mixed bag on the easy match motors but the SK3 series are really very good motors. Equivalent of eflite motors but a little higher IMO.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Registered User
Xanadu's Avatar
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,581 Posts
Only thing really to do is stop complaining, nothing anyone can do about it.
You don't like the motor, don't buy it.
Too expensive for the other one.......don't buy it, keep looking.

Still cannot find that inexpensive, gold quality one........guess your SOL then. Suck it up and buy a higher quality one with the higher price tag I guess.

Either way, no good to complain.
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
doc993's Avatar
United States, WI, Stoddard
Joined Dec 2009
1,127 Posts
I have been using exceed alpha ,and monster series motor s for a couple of years now ,and when I went to order more? All back ordered, I think forever.And as there is no way to contact them, I'll ask does any body know if we will ever see these motors again?
doc993 is online now Find More Posts by doc993
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Ennnnncommmming!!!!!
Cougar Zeke's Avatar
Bellevue, WA
Joined Sep 2008
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc993 View Post
I have been using exceed alpha ,and monster series motor s for a couple of years now ,and when I went to order more? All back ordered, I think forever.And as there is no way to contact them, I'll ask does any body know if we will ever see these motors again?
doc- there's no way to contact them? I guess I could try contacting Hobbypartz to see what they say. I was hoping someone here would have the scoop....
Cougar Zeke is offline Find More Posts by Cougar Zeke
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,607 Posts
Hi,

Like the monster power motors by Exceed? Go to Ebay and type in EMP brushless motors. Take a look and see what you think.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:26 PM
Registered User
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,187 Posts
I have to say that the EMP motors look like the Monster Power motors.

I have been ordering from Leaders. They seem to restock pretty fast.

leaderhobby.com


Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, Angola
Joined Jul 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Zeke View Post
Ghostplane- I've had terrible (and I mean terrible) luck with Turnigy motors. Whether its been big, small or medium sizes.

I'd heard good things from friends of mine about Monster specifically and wanted to give them a try.

As far as shipping- do they send you an icebreaker in the winter to deliver your RC goods?
LOL your the first to notice that. No one has ever said anything about that and I have had it like that for a long time now. Wondered if anyone would ever notice it, But yeah they send it on an icebreaker, then dog sled. You wanna talk expensive shipping. I hate when people complain about shipping from HK. It's like $10,000 shipping to get a $50 motor down here.. (real location is NY, but don't tell anyone. I'm trying to hide my hobby stuff from my wife)


I haven't had any issues with my Turnigy EasyMatch motors. At first I was alittle leary about buying one cause I couldn't find any info on them. Just whats posted in the reviews at HobbyKing. I wanted to read something from a site that wasn't where I was buying it from, but nothing out there. So I decided to just give the one a try. Then I bought the second one latter on. No issues though. I have a MP32 from a friend and I have tested both the G32 and the MP32 with my watt metter and they both seem to perform about the same as far as amp draw and watts. Don't get me wrong I would buy a Monster Power motor again if they were instock, same with the Tacons. But when will that happen? I bet we'll all be waiting along time and I have planes I wanna fly now. Not next year or two years from now when they decide to restock MP motors.
Ghost Plane is offline Find More Posts by Ghost Plane
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Hey all,
I got an MP 160 and wanted to know how well it would pull an 18 to 19 lb 90" Extra for 3D? I'm relatively new to electrics and need as much advice as I can get.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I have a 160 but I's in a scale looking 13lb bipe running 11S. Mine is under propped for that motor, I could have used a 110.
You are looking at needing about 12S
I'm using this calculator:
http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc_e.htm?ecalc
MP 160 is 245kv and max wattage is 2700W @ 60A
I'm punching in an eflite 160
8.6kg model weight
6S 5000mAh 35C pack
APC Electric prop
Link to APC electric prop list
APC 17x8 will give you calculated static at
63A, 2650W(electric), 9826RPM, 1:12 thrust to weight ratio.
On a full charge, the #'s jump up though.
Double check my #'s,

For 12S, you need an HV (high voltage) ESC rated for about 100A. HobbyWing Pro HV is about the lowest priced one I'd recommend for this kind of motor. It should be under $100 and has a decent reputation from what I've used and heard. I have the 70A HV one in my bipe.

These calculators only get you so far, you gotta try it with a real prop, your battery and the plane. You really need a watt meter too and your going to have to measure it at one pack if you use 2 6S 5000 packs in series. My $20 watt meter won't go to 12S or over 100A I don't think. I just check at one pack and double it when I'm running my 11S setup.

When trying a new motor, I usually try it with a prop I already have or borrow. If not,then I calc something up then order one prop. Once I do a real world test, I decide if I stick with the prop or get another one. If in a hurry, I may end up ordering a couple props. Only trouble with borrowing is often, the hole diameter in the prop is different and you don't want to have to cut it out.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; May 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered User
doc993's Avatar
United States, WI, Stoddard
Joined Dec 2009
1,127 Posts
I found a new motor supplier. they have what look exactly the same as exceed, but they are red.Heads Up RC.com.They have all adapters mounts, you name it. Good service and web sight .My last order took two days.Highly recommended!
doc993 is online now Find More Posts by doc993
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 11:47 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
I have a 160 but I's in a scale looking 13lb bipe running 11S. Mine is under propped for that motor, I could have used a 110.
You are looking at needing about 12S
I'm using this calculator:
http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc_e.htm?ecalc
MP 160 is 245kv and max wattage is 2700W @ 60A
I'm punching in an eflite 160
8.6kg model weight
6S 5000mAh 35C pack
APC Electric prop
Link to APC electric prop list
APC 17x8 will give you calculated static at
63A, 2650W(electric), 9826RPM, 1:12 thrust to weight ratio.
On a full charge, the #'s jump up though.
Double check my #'s,

For 12S, you need an HV (high voltage) ESC rated for about 100A. HobbyWing Pro HV is about the lowest priced one I'd recommend for this kind of motor. It should be under $100 and has a decent reputation from what I've used and heard. I have the 70A HV one in my bipe.

These calculators only get you so far, you gotta try it with a real prop, your battery and the plane. You really need a watt meter too and your going to have to measure it at one pack if you use 2 6S 5000 packs in series. My $20 watt meter won't go to 12S or over 100A I don't think. I just check at one pack and double it when I'm running my 11S setup.

When trying a new motor, I usually try it with a prop I already have or borrow. If not,then I calc something up then order one prop. Once I do a real world test, I decide if I stick with the prop or get another one. If in a hurry, I may end up ordering a couple props. Only trouble with borrowing is often, the hole diameter in the prop is different and you don't want to have to cut it out.
The e calc doesn't have the option for the MP 160
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 12:18 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
use eflite 160
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 05:39 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,359 Posts
Monster 32 Tacon

I'm interested but where's the link to this supplier?


tks

KKKKFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc993 View Post
I found a new motor supplier. they have what look exactly the same as exceed, but they are red.Heads Up RC.com.They have all adapters mounts, you name it. Good service and web sight .My last order took two days.Highly recommended!
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Anyone using an Exceed RC Monster Power 160? tlh101 Power Systems 16 Feb 22, 2010 08:13 PM
Question Monster Power outrunner brushless motor flylower Power Systems 10 Oct 25, 2009 08:14 AM
Question Monster Power 1.60 Motor bbmichael25 Power Systems 8 Jun 06, 2009 10:22 PM